F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Lighting System Warnings
proTUNING Freaks

11-30-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
tardboi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i xDrive MSport

Lighting System Warnings

Hi all- this might be my first major issue with my F30 out of warranty.

On the 13th I got "Adaptive Headlight Failure" on dash upon starting car. The headlights flickered once and the adaptive portions didnt work. The dash warning remained until the car was restarted a bit down the road and everything was fine.

Today I got "Lighting System Malfunction" on startup. No obvious issues, all functions worked. Error went away after acknowledging on the iDrive.

This is what bimmerlink is telling me today. It was the same previously, minus one additional error today.

8041BA
8041F5 "new"
8041F8
8041F9
8041FB

I wasn't able to find much searching these codes on googlle. Battery is healthy, less than a year old. Based on both sides giving errors, I'd imagine the headlights themselves are fine and its either a module or wire issue. Does anyone know where to start? I really dont want to go to the dealer and get updated software locking the DME

My only thought right now is this set of cables... to install the CTS Turbo intake, this cap is permanently removed, exposing the cables.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:23 PM   #2
tardboi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Any ideas? Today it came up again and it was persistent until restarting. Only these errors showed up:

8041BA
8041FB

Maybe something is genuinely wrong with the left headlight and the others are just cascading errors...?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 04:31 AM   #3
dmaxdmax
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-spd

If you removed a cover that exposes the cable, are there connectors under it? If so, open up the connection and spray with an electric cleaner (plastic safe)...and maybe you get lucky. (Probably not. ) If this issue happened coincidentally with whatever you did replacing the intake, then I'd definitely look over your work...nothing personal. ...and a bump.

dmax on FB

My last pre-covid standup set
Appreciate 1
tardboi82.50
      12-05-2021, 03:50 PM   #4
tardboi
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxdmax View Post
If you removed a cover that exposes the cable, are there connectors under it? If so, open up the connection and spray with an electric cleaner (plastic safe)...and maybe you get lucky. (Probably not. ) If this issue happened coincidentally with whatever you did replacing the intake, then I'd definitely look over your work...nothing personal. ...and a bump.
Yeah there's exposed wires - they seem pretty well protected. Intake has been in for a year+ now so I dont think theres any issues with the install itself. I'll try cleaning that area out with an electrical cleaner

Thanks for input & bump
Appreciate 0