F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > F30 328i XDrive 193 Wheels?
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-20-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
jishent
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

F30 328i XDrive 193 Wheels?

Hello all,

I just wanted to double-check what I gathered around from other threads around 193 e90 wheels on F30 xDrive (below).

If I use 225/45-18 front and 255/40-18 rear tires (F30 default xdrive staggered setup) with 193 wheels it wouldn't wreck the xDrive nor give me phantom miles...Is that correct?

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
United_States
1862
Rep
3,113
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jishent View Post
If I use 225/45-18 front and 255/40-18 rear tires (F30 default xdrive staggered setup) with 193 wheels it wouldn't wreck the xDrive nor give me phantom miles...Is that correct?
225/45/18, 255/40/18 are tire sizes BMW uses on OEM staggered fitments for X-drive or RWD.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #3
jishent
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
225/45/18, 255/40/18 are tire sizes BMW uses on OEM staggered fitments for X-drive or RWD.
Apologize if this is a noob question,

If the OEM Offset for the rear is ET 47 and the 193 rear are ET37 would that affect anything?

To my knowledge that would mean 10mm more inside clearance with the 193 and 10mm more protrusion to the outside. Not sure if it affects the xDrive.

Last edited by jishent; 04-20-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
United_States
1862
Rep
3,113
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jishent View Post
If the OEM Offset for the rear is ET 47 and the 193 rear are ET37 would that affect anything? To my knowledge that would mean 10mm more inside clearance with the 193 and 10mm more protrusion to the outside. Not sure if it affects the xDrive.
that is correct. +37 equals adding a 10mm spacer to +47. it does not affect x-drive. it affects the suspension geometry a little. but nothing you'll notice or need to be concerned with.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
jishent
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
that is correct. +37 equals adding a 10mm spacer to +47. it does not affect x-drive. it affects the suspension geometry a little. but nothing you'll notice or need to be concerned with.
Awesome, thank you!
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2020, 03:30 PM   #6
draggy
sucka for a longroof
29
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

Might want to consider this post in your link to Thread # 1 if you have M Sport calipers.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #7
jishent
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggy View Post
Might want to consider this post in your link to Thread # 1 if you have M Sport calipers.
I don't have M Sport Calipers so it should be fine right?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #8
draggy
sucka for a longroof
29
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

should be OK with base brakes
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #9
jishent
New Member
Canada
3
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 2014 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

End result

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
193 wheels, f30, tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST