F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #14983
RokasLTU
New Member
RokasLTU's Avatar
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: Volvo V50, BMW 318d
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko.ch View Post
Do you mean maybe this one?
Kombi 3000> BC_Leerzeile > aktiv
I need to code this. Is it the one you've mentioned?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #14984
gecko.ch
New Member
gecko.ch's Avatar
Switzerland
2
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: F30, F20
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Winterthur

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokasLTU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko.ch View Post
Do you mean maybe this one?
Kombi 3000> BC_Leerzeile > aktiv
I need to code this. Is it the one you've mentioned?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #14985
RokasLTU
New Member
RokasLTU's Avatar
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: Volvo V50, BMW 318d
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

iTrader: (0)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:43 AM   #14986
colin.t.chiang
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2016 330e
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Perth, AU

iTrader: (0)

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your recent pm with the codes. I received the following message when trying to read the coding data:

"CAFD_00000794_018_070_003 Fehler:
CPS read from ECU "ECUId:FEM_BODY_0x40" failed! [C070]
openECUConnection for link FEM_BODY_40_ETHERNET failed with error MCD
Error Severity:2051, Error Code: 49184, Description: Object with name not found, Vendor Code: 3, Description: provided name FEM_BODY_40_ETHERNET doesn't map to an item[1694]"

I thought it was because I didn't have the latest files but I downloaded those only a few days ago. Can you please advise the cause and fix?

The car is a 2016 330e.

Many TIA,
Colin.

Last edited by colin.t.chiang; Today at 04:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:14 AM   #14987
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3735
Rep
20,251
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin.t.chiang View Post
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your recent pm with the codes. I received the following message when trying to read the coding data:

"CAFD_00000794_018_070_003 Fehler:
CPS read from ECU "ECUId:FEM_BODY_0x40" failed! [C070]
openECUConnection for link FEM_BODY_40_ETHERNET failed with error MCD
Error Severity:2051, Error Code: 49184, Description: Object with name not found, Vendor Code: 3, Description: provided name FEM_BODY_40_ETHERNET doesn't map to an item[1694]"

I thought it was because I didn't have the latest files but I downloaded those only a few days ago. Can you please advise the cause and fix?

The car is a 2016 330e.

Many TIA,
Colin.
"Object with no Name Found" means one of the following:

1) Insufficient Power (e.g. Motor not Running or Car not on Charger)
2) Incorrect E-Sys Launcher Car Series Selected
3) Incorrect E-Sys Connection Target Selected
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:00 AM   #14988
colin.t.chiang
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 2016 330e
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Perth, AU

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Shawn, I'll look into that tomorrow. I should have mentioned that I was able to successfully change parameters in the ACMS module before I struck this error with FEM_BODY. Does that strike you as strange?

TIA, Colin.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:11 AM   #14989
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3735
Rep
20,251
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin.t.chiang View Post
Thanks Shawn, I'll look into that tomorrow. I should have mentioned that I was able to successfully change parameters in the ACMS module before I struck this error with FEM_BODY. Does that strike you as strange?

TIA, Colin.
That changes nothing I wrote. ACSM is ECU common to multiple chassis, so even choosing the wrong E-Sys Connection Target or wrong E-Sys Launcher Car Series it will still map correctly and code. It is when you take ECU such as FEM_BODY, which is unique to F20/F30 Chassis and you use wrong E-Sys Connection Target or wrong E-Sys Launcher Car Series it will fail.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:28 PM   #14990
RokasLTU
New Member
RokasLTU's Avatar
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: Volvo V50, BMW 318d
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

iTrader: (0)

Is there a way to code an interior lighting to light up after engine is turned off?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:42 PM   #14991
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3735
Rep
20,251
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokasLTU View Post
Is there a way to code an interior lighting to light up after engine is turned off?
If you mean link the light to the ignition switch position, no.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST