F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW Street Comfort Ride Height
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
Waltabeast
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fontana, California

iTrader: (0)

KW Street Comfort Ride Height

So these KW SC coilovers ride height is terrible. Iím maxed out in the rear and itís not low at all. I wish i did more research before buying from the vendors recommendation. Is there anything I can do to make these coilovers adjust lower, or do I have to just get different coilovers?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 02:41 AM   #2
cfm56d7b
Brigadier General
United_States
1540
Rep
4,333
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

What was your goal in lowering the suspension: how many inches?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
Alpine_F30
Private First Class
Alpine_F30's Avatar
United_States
118
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Hadn't heard this was a problem with these, if anything I thought people wished they had a higher minimum ride height, maybe that's the v1-3 though?

Anyway, you can take out a ring (or 2) probably to get a little lower, but even then I'm imagining 3+ in. drop/slammed and yeah in that case you should have gone a stance-focused coilover (and much higher spring rates) as opposed to performance/ride quality like KW.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 12:28 AM   #4
Waltabeast
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fontana, California

iTrader: (0)

Yeah in California no issues of ever having to go stock height or higher for snow. I was hoping theyíd tuck over the tire slightly at least but they max out right at tire level. Beating myself up for not doing more research on coilovers for f series being new to the platform.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 07:39 AM   #5
Alpine_F30
Private First Class
Alpine_F30's Avatar
United_States
118
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (1)

Damn...sorry man, you could probably recoup 80-90% of your $ selling em in classifieds and go with BC's or something. I didn't realize the SC didn't go low enough to tuck some tire, pretty sure the v1's do.
I'd imagine they do that because of the softer struts for street applications so they aren't bottoming out all over the place. Post a pic if you don't mind I'm curious to see
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
Waltabeast
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fontana, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post
Damn...sorry man, you could probably recoup 80-90% of your $ selling em in classifieds and go with BC's or something. I didn't realize the SC didn't go low enough to tuck some tire, pretty sure the v1's do.
I'd imagine they do that because of the softer struts for street applications so they aren't bottoming out all over the place. Post a pic if you don't mind I'm curious to see
That's not a bad idea. I might opt for that option. And sure here she is. It sits pretty nice, the front still has some adjustability, however the rear is maxed out. I'd just like the option to drop it just maybe a half to an inch lower but I'm maxed out another thing is these springs are soft as hell which is good and bad. So if I'm flying and hit a dip I bottom out lol.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
UCLABruins
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: BMW 435i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltabeast View Post
That's not a bad idea. I might opt for that option. And sure here she is. It sits pretty nice, the front still has some adjustability, however the rear is maxed out. I'd just like the option to drop it just maybe a half to an inch lower but I'm maxed out another thing is these springs are soft as hell which is good and bad. So if I'm flying and hit a dip I bottom out lol.
Your stance is awesome dude. I'm thinking of getting ST-X Coilovers. How's the ride quality on your KWs?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #8
Waltabeast
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fontana, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABruins View Post
Your stance is awesome dude. I'm thinking of getting ST-X Coilovers. How's the ride quality on your KWs?
Itís all preference but overall Iíd say they are 8/10. Comfort is really good. I actually adjusted the dampening to max on the stiffer side because if i was driving over 85+ and hit a dip the springs are really soft Iíd bottom out sometimes. Overall ride quality is good, just me personally i wish I had more adjustability to go lower in the rear. And i am on 19s as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:39 PM   #9
Logicoeur
Captain
Logicoeur's Avatar
339
Rep
935
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Does it still bottom out now that you've turned up the dampening?
__________________
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | 18X9 ET32 TR-1 255/40/18 | MPerf LSD
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #10
Waltabeast
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fontana, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Does it still bottom out now that you've turned up the dampening?
No havenít had the issue. I will say though for the rear itís annoying to adjust because you have to drop the shock. Adjustment is at the top. So before you install make sure you have it how you want to keep it.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #11
Logicoeur
Captain
Logicoeur's Avatar
339
Rep
935
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Just wondering. I'm aware of the rear adjustment being hidden on the F30. There's a recent thread where someone actually makes an extension accessible in the trunk. Never thought it was impossible though.

Mostly just interested in some coilovers that are street worthy and light track capable. I don't plan to even be as low as you are now. But I do plan to take this on a road course in the future. MP LSD getting installed soon.
__________________
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | 18X9 ET32 TR-1 255/40/18 | MPerf LSD
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
Waltabeast
Private First Class
United_States
52
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i M sport
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Fontana, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Just wondering. I'm aware of the rear adjustment being hidden on the F30. There's a recent thread where someone actually makes an extension accessible in the trunk. Never thought it was impossible though.

Mostly just interested in some coilovers that are street worthy and light track capable. I don't plan to even be as low as you are now. But I do plan to take this on a road course in the future. MP LSD getting installed soon.
Springs are a little soft just keep that in consideration. And nice i still have my MP LSD sitting on the floor of my garage waiting for install too lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #13
Logicoeur
Captain
Logicoeur's Avatar
339
Rep
935
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Yeah that's the consensus I've gotten. I just don't see how I can get the same height adjustability of the streetcomfort and rigidity of the Vx series coilovers. I was thinking the PSS10 might solve that for me, but I believe their streetkomfort variant follows the same abilities as the KW. The regular V or PSS are too low at their highest settings; been there done that. I just want a 2-2.5 finger gap and rails. Springs are out of question.
__________________
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | 18X9 ET32 TR-1 255/40/18 | MPerf LSD
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST