F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need help picking run flats plz
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2019, 02:04 AM   #1
straightdraw84
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Need help picking run flats plz

I've got these staggered 624m's

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRINT/463...-21DFFF82A648=


My current tires are:

235/35ZR19
275/30ZR19

now I've found a good deal on some run flats but they're:

225/40 R19
255/35 R19

Would these be okay?

This is a for a 428i xdrive

Thanks

Last edited by straightdraw84; 10-13-2019 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
straightdraw84
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

on a side not the website says:

225/35R19
245/30R19
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
chowser51
Major
chowser51's Avatar
United_States
513
Rep
1,063
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW F33 430i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
You’re current setup is at 25.47” and 25.49”.
The 225/40 and 255/35 would work and be at 26.08” and 26.02”. It will fill in the xdrive gap a little too if you’re not lowered.

The stock wheel tire sizes will be 25.2” and 24.78”.

All will work fine for xdrive.

Does your current 275 tire look too wide for your wheel?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #4
Gen13 F36
Lieutenant Colonel
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
618
Rep
1,746
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdraw84 View Post
I've got these staggered 624m's

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRINT/463...-21DFFF82A648=


My current tires are:

235/35ZR19
275/30ZR19

now I've found a good deal on some run flats but they're:

225/40 R19
255/35 R19

Would these be okay?

This is a for a 428i xdrive

Thanks
If this is an OEM 624M wheels those tire size 225/40 and 255/35 are ok

Your original tires 275/30 for rear how did that fit on an 8.5 with 624m
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:22 AM   #5
straightdraw84
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
If this is an OEM 624M wheels those tire size 225/40 and 255/35 are ok

Your original tires 275/30 for rear how did that fit on an 8.5 with 624m
I bought them used and they came like that, here are the pics of the front and rear wheels:
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 12:53 AM   #6
Gen13 F36
Lieutenant Colonel
Gen13 F36's Avatar
United_States
618
Rep
1,746
Posts

Drives: 428i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdraw84 View Post
I bought them used and they came like that, here are the pics of the front and rear wheels:
That look like a replica.. then I'm not sure what the width of those wheels. I seen 225/40 r19 on 8.5 width and 255/35 r19 on 9.5 width wheel and they are stretched a little but I can't tell on this photo if your current setup is stretched.

8.5 and 9.5 width wheel are the most common staggered setup replica wheels came with. So I would suggest getting them measure before buying 225/40 and 255/35.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 01:25 AM   #7
straightdraw84
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
That look like a replica.. then I'm not sure what the width of those wheels. I seen 225/40 r19 on 8.5 width and 255/35 r19 on 9.5 width wheel and they are stretched a little but I can't tell on this photo if your current setup is stretched.

8.5 and 9.5 width wheel are the most common staggered setup replica wheels came with. So I would suggest getting them measure before buying 225/40 and 255/35.
I'm pretty sure they're oem, what kind of pic would you like?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 04:28 AM   #8
alohasurftoad
Colonel
United_States
1093
Rep
2,187
Posts

Drives: 428i gran coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
That look like a replica.. then I'm not sure what the width of those wheels. I seen 225/40 r19 on 8.5 width and 255/35 r19 on 9.5 width wheel and they are stretched a little but I can't tell on this photo if your current setup is stretched.

8.5 and 9.5 width wheel are the most common staggered setup replica wheels came with. So I would suggest getting them measure before buying 225/40 and 255/35.
i agree with Gen13 F36 speculation that your wheels are replicas. 19" oem 624 wheel sizes are 19x7.5 +45 and 19x8 +52. they are meant for the 2-series. it would have been impossible to install a 275/30/19 on the 8" wide rear wheel.

if your (replica?) wheels are 8.5" and 9.5", 225/40/19 and 255/35/19 are the oem staggered sizes on rwd and x-drive vehicles and a more appropriate size combination for your f-series x-drive anyhow.

the current size combo diameter is too small and is the reason your fenderwell gaps are extra large.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #9
straightdraw84
New Member
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: BMW 428i xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the help guys, so the deal:

225/40 R19
255/35 R19

would work fine with my rims?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST