F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Car stopped running
GetBMWParts

06-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
tobyyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328ix 2009

Car stopped running

Hey guys I have bmw 328xi 2009. I never had problems with this car so far it has 80k miles right now. I will try to be specific as much as possible to explain what happened. 2 weeks ago my computer showed that I need to add one bottle of oil. I added full synthetic castrol edge oil and checked engine to see what's going on. I saw leak and 3 days ago I replaced oil filter stand gasket at my friends shop. But right before I got there my car stopped when I started driving from my garage. I drove maybe for like 2 seconds. I panicked and turn on my engine without any problems. Then, I went to shop and replaced gasket stand and coolant. Now I'm driving for 3 days without problem but my question is why my engine turn off? I have battery since the beginning so its 7 years old and I think that could be a problem but I never had any problem starting my car. Also, I usually care about battery and never leave my car with AC on but when engine stopped working that one time I had my AC on right after I started car.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

You will probably have better luck getting responses if you post this in the E90 Post section instead of this F30 section as that is the correct series for your listed car
Appreciate 0