F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > EGR recall - The saga worsens
Studio RSR

10-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #1
DarCol
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP / Cayman (981) S

EGR recall - The saga worsens

As per my previous post just over a week ago.

After dropping the 335d in for its recall and being told it would be circa 2 weeks before I could expect to have it returned due to the lack of replacement parts.

I’ve now been told I will be lucky to get it back this year!!!!!

Earliest month they expect to see the parts is currently estimated at December and will potentially be longer.

So, it’s quite conceivable that I will be without my own car for nearly 4 months.

What an absolute fecking joke!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 07:53 AM   #2
Chris335dF31
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d F31

Feel for you. They have really messed up on this

Can you push them for an equivalent courtesy car if it's going to be for that long?
335d F31 MSport 2017 - Sapphire Black
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

As I posted on the main thread, there are undamaged genuine OEM EGR coolers available on eBay for £100 or so.
These parts are completely safe as long as they are not coked up or cracked etc. How do I know this? Because BMW send you on your way if your cars cooler is clean and undamaged.

Personally if I was told I'm losing my car for months until new parts arrive I would not be happy about leaving my car sitting at the dealers so long and get one of these second hand parts fitted until BMW can source me new parts to fit at a later date in the recall.

Just giving you alternative options
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzer View Post

After dropping the 335d in for its recall and being told it would be circa 2 weeks before I could expect to have it returned due to the lack of replacement parts.

Earliest month they expect to see the parts is currently estimated at December and will potentially be longer.

So, it’s quite conceivable that I will be without my own car for nearly 4 months.

I'd call about and see if anywhere else has the parts in stock, i'm not saying dealers don't tell the truth but sometimes the easiest route isn't always sharing all the facts

ps. that's a bit pants -
      10-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzer View Post

So are they giving you a loaner for that period
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #6
SynTom
IAM Roadsmart Fellow
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
As I posted on the main thread, there are undamaged genuine OEM EGR coolers available on eBay for £100 or so.
These parts are completely safe as long as they are not coked up or cracked etc. How do I know this? Because BMW send you on your way if your cars cooler is clean and undamaged.

Personally if I was told I'm losing my car for months until new parts arrive I would not be happy about leaving my car sitting at the dealers so long and get one of these second hand parts fitted until BMW can source me new parts to fit at a later date in the recall.

Just giving you alternative options
+1 for this, I would be concerned leaving my car idle for that amount of time, especially at the dealers.
Appreciate 1
Hooded1669.00