F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW Street Comfort Coilovers - Ride Quality
ARMA SPEED

12-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #67
Ezzer
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-sport

Reviving this as I would also like to sing some praises to the KW SCs.

I have a F30 328i M Sport SDrive (RWD, staggers R18s, on RFs) which was on standard SE suspension and the car was sitting really high, it was really wallowy and here in Bangkok the roads being terrible, I deliberated for years about what to do - At slow speed running over the various potholes and ruts the car sounded like the suspension has fallen out as well as hitting bumpstops constantly, despite the huge ride height. At high speed it just felt dangerous with the rears wallowing and swaying all over. Any over zealous driving with a heavy boot of throttle meant a lot of lurching at the back end.

Medium and heavy braking felt like the nose was going to graze the tarmac.

With warranty out, finally pulled the trigger on KW SCs - within first few miles - wow! Seriously wow - the car is so much more planted, it feels much more complete and working "as one" and feels so much more controlled.

Having done too much driving yet or any serious corner but it just feels flatter more planted.

The rear end lurch is gone on heavy throttle and any mischievous slides are now easily controlled and recovered - as opposed to earlier slight tank-slappers.

Haven't checked on the brake dive yet as I also installed new EBC brakes and they need slow bedding in.

So overall I am seriously impressed - It is at max KW specified height and originally setting at 9 clicks and it was a bit to stiff for BKK. But dialed it to 10 and its perfect - feels like stock bump absorption but with much more control. It is exactly how I felt a sporty sedan should feel (I've owned a few) especially given the BMW and "M-sport" trim.

One issue however is that the front right is making clacking sound over sharp or larger bumps - sounds like metal to metal/perhaps spring clapping sound - the shop have given one go at diagnosing the noise but didn't manage to fix it. Over small bump or normal road undulations it is fine but not the bigger, sharper ones nor the speed bumps. Any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 2
natesi204.00
      02-04-2021, 03:40 PM   #68
davidz8855
Registered
Rep
Drives: Seat Ibiza FR 2019

hello all,
so, i want to share my impressions from the KW street comfort, almost 4 months since i got them installed on my seat Ibiza 1.0 2019 .

so at start the installer adjust the front suspension to 14 clicks out of 22.

of course it felt stiffer than the stock ones, but not in the level that is not impossible to absorbed.

I immediate felt that the car\steering wheel is sharper, i can take corners with much more confidence , matter a fact the rear suspention feel a bit stiff but i can "suffer" , and it is really a pain in the ass to adjust it. so i kept it the same level the installer adjusted it at start.

a month ago i adjusted the front suspension to the top available level, of 22 clicks.

i must say that it make the car feel even more sharper and stiffer, but again not in the level that makes you suffer from driving, even daily, and even in city.

of course when the road condition is very bad, mostly in city, you will definitely fell it under your butt, but when you go outside of the city it just feel great.

car response is 500% better, im so glad i made that upgrade.

i heard a lots of opinions of "why you making so expensive upgrade to a car with 1.0 liter engine", but i can tell you that this engine is not so weak as you think.

of course its not a sport car, but with this upgrade I'm enjoying from every km I drive.

1 bad thing is the plastics material in the Ibiza, the quality is poor and with coil overs adjusted to the highest level possible, your plastics on doors making crunchy sounds, hate it. but i can get over it with music or radio on.

you are more than welcome to ask me any questions you want.

*want to add that the breaking performance also greatly improved. not that it was so bad before (i put PS4 Michelin, 1 year ago) .
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 06:57 AM   #69
Alpinadrachten
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Can we get an update on how the coilovers do since you have it for a year now? How many miles?
I have had KW V2 and ST XA on my last 2 cars.

Both driven more then 100 k kilometers. The suspension was still good. So durability is OK.

I can not make an decision about KW V2 or the KW V2 streetcomfort.
How did you all make that decision?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 06:34 AM   #70
madriz
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i f32

Can you see anywhere the real differences between KW version 2 and KW street comfort? both maximum heights, spring rates or any difference they have.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 08:05 AM   #71
Alpinadrachten
Private
Rep

Hi,
I can not make the decision kw v2 or kw v2 SC.
As far as I know.
Valving is a little different. You can also see that in the graphics on the website.
I also read somewhere that the v2 has progressive springs. The SC has linear springs.
I can not find it anymore where I saw that.
My gut feeling is I want street comfort.
But don't know if it will compress to much.
I see a lot of people here that have stock ride hight .. I want lower. For the F31 the specs for lowest within guarantee is 33,5 cm center wheel till fender
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2024, 03:46 PM   #72
BeFitty8_F32
Melbourne Red F32 B58
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ixm

I was stuck like most people deciding between KW SC and Bilsteins. Now that I have the KWs, I wish I had gone Bilsteins. SC are ok, but I dont think they are robust enough for daily driving. Im not lowered much from stock and the coilovers were installed professionally...along with adjustable end links. Please get adjustable end links if you plan on being lower than stock.

My rear dampers were also recently replaced because they were leaking. About a year of daily use. Replacing the dampers could have been a headache if I used KWs warranty. Send in your damaged dampers and they will repair them...while you wait for 30 days without dampers.
      04-18-2024, 04:20 PM   #73
Alpinadrachten
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFitty8_F32 View Post
My rear dampers were also recently replaced because they were leaking. About a year of daily use. Replacing the dampers could have been a headache if I used KWs warranty. Send in your damaged dampers and they will repair them...while you wait for 30 days without dampers.
I have had the same situation. Bought new dampers by Kw 2 days later I got them. Send my old ones back under warranty.
They credit the new ones under warrenty.

So my opinion is that the guarrenty is very good
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 11:37 AM   #74
jmanB45
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330iX Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinadrachten View Post
Hi,
I can not make the decision kw v2 or kw v2 SC.
As far as I know.
Valving is a little different. You can also see that in the graphics on the website.
I also read somewhere that the v2 has progressive springs. The SC has linear springs.
I can not find it anymore where I saw that.
My gut feeling is I want street comfort.
But don't know if it will compress to much.
I see a lot of people here that have stock ride hight .. I want lower. For the F31 the specs for lowest within guarantee is 33,5 cm center wheel till fender
If you go on KW's website and download the "parts approval" documents, you will see the front springs are exactly the same in the V2 and V2 Comfort kit. So I believe the difference is in the shock body and damping.

The standard V2 has a greater lowering range than the Comfort.

Make sure you get the correct springs based on the front axle load:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=19
Appreciate 0