F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M badge on F36
Studio RSR

02-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #23
Moisted
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i F36 GranCoupe EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad View Post
No it isn't worthy of the M badge - those options don't have anything to do with elevating your 428 to an M-spec car level. Where are the M-suspension bits (DHP doesn't mean shit). Where is the DCT like most M save the 235i/135i have? Where is the adjustable shift patterns? Where is the M-spec level engine and all the ancillary components?

But I'm not going to argue my point any further with you, because you're the one perpetuating this fake poser BS.

Put this thread and post on the M-forum. I'd love to see the comments on your "428I being worthy of an M badge".
Jesus Christ, why are people on this forum so unfriendly, I've never seen anything like this. What is the average age here, 18?
Appreciate 4
      02-04-2015, 09:37 PM   #24
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moisted View Post
Jesus Christ, why are people on this forum so unfriendly, I've never seen anything like this. What is the average age here, 18?
Tell me about it.

You would think this guy would think it's cool that I am trying to replicate the factory Euro look. What's funny is that if we were in Hong Kong or China or France or Italy we wouldn't even be having this conversation because the M-Sport badges are on all the F3X's over there.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #25
joewalton
Banned
Rep

Quote:
My BMW looking like a bad Acura will wipe the floor with your stock Gran Coupe. Your M badges and DHP don't mean shit to real mods - i.e. what my car has.
Good luck matching my Tune, Exhaust, Soon to be downpipes, Static lowered suspension, and Pilot Super Sports that I have ready. AWD will just help me get traction off the line so better that too I guess.

I see you're in NJ, i'm from there, and would happily go back to show you the difference between your car and mine.

Fuck, if we talking M, my car is probably closer to an M than your bullshit is. Performance makes a car, not a body kit, no matter how good it looks. DHP and "Sport Auto" (which I can code any day) does not an M-make and does not a performance car make.
Guy comes into a BMW forum and asks a question about fender badges.

I give a helpful answer and show some photos and provide links.

You decide to use this as an opportunity to stand up on a soapbox and preach about how you are so much more hard-core BMW than the rest of us.

We get your point. You can stop now.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #26
BimmerQuest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35ix M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
My BMW looking like a bad Acura will wipe the floor with your stock Gran Coupe. Your M badges and DHP don't mean shit to real mods - i.e. what my car has.
Good luck matching my Tune, Exhaust, Soon to be downpipes, Static lowered suspension, and Pilot Super Sports that I have ready. AWD will just help me get traction off the line so better that too I guess.

I see you're in NJ, i'm from there, and would happily go back to show you the difference between your car and mine.

Fuck, if we talking M, my car is probably closer to an M than your bullshit is. Performance makes a car, not a body kit, no matter how good it looks. DHP and "Sport Auto" (which I can code any day) does not an M-make and does not a performance car make.
Get out the ruler much?

How about you compare more meaningful things...like how much you volunteer, your charitable giving, blood donor record, bone marrow donations? I'll never understand how one person's self worth can be so driven by a death clutch on a perception of a brand slowly slipping away.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #27
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
First, I have friends who actually own M4's and they don't understand strangers who put these cars on a pedestal. They laugh at the kind of stuff people like you write, defending some myth that they themselves mock. "M division is special!" "It's the Ultimate Driving Machine!" TV commercials much? Coke. It's the real thing.

Next, you have an XDrive F30 which is the softest suspension BMW makes and don't even have an M-Sport and you talk this way? LOLZ. Sort of reminds me of this high school friend of mine, hung out with all the jocks and cheerleaders, couldn't even make the chess team.

I'd like to see you in the M-forum, pandering to those who you apparently worship so much. Do you offer to wash their socks? Sniff their keyfobs? Let them see your no-Line dressed up like a bad Acura, see what they think. My M-Sport badges are standard equipment in dozens of countries, they're a lot more genuine than you and your nutty rhetoric and attempt to make your BMW look like a bad Acura.

Really?
Attached Images

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 01:33 AM   #28
cracing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Canadian Spec does not offer M budges and has body coloured side grill.

Current: 2015 F36 435 Xi GC ///M-Sport
Retired: 2005 ACURA TSX A-SPEC
Retired: 2003 ACURA RSX
Retired: 2002 HONDA CIVIC 4 DR
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:21 AM   #29
stormlv
Human
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Yes

Wow, really?
Arguing over two M badges that come out of the factory in Europe?

I personally don't get it...

Even if someone stamped an M3.5 on an F30, why bother this much with it?
It's their car, their money ... could even have a d**k badge instead of an M one, why care?

If you're into BMWs, you're bound to know what the car is really about.

I remember a thread where someone got discounted prices for M4 parts and converted his F32 to the M4 bodykit.
Maaan, that guy got so much flak as well.

Some people should just chill out and stop worrying about other people "ruining" the brand.
2010 BMW Z4 sDrive35i DKG | 306 HP / 400Nm | Space Gray | Photo album
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 05:14 AM   #30
jjc4scab
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435ix,GTR, Huracan Performante

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-05-2015, 06:37 AM   #31
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerQuest View Post
Get out the ruler much?

How about you compare more meaningful things...like how much you volunteer, your charitable giving, blood donor record, bone marrow donations? I'll never understand how one person's self worth can be so driven by a death clutch on a perception of a brand slowly slipping away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
Really?
Dead serious. BJ aka joewalton smack talked about my car thinking his stock Gran Coupe is something amazing aka an M428I.

So a little back and forth should be expected.

I've seen a ton of retards on the road put fake m badges on everything from an e90 base 328 to a honda odyssey van to an e46 325i wagon. BJ aka joewalton is in the same. This isn't Europe. This is America. We don't have M badges because we aren't posers.

But hey, it's not my car. Do what you want, I just stated my opinion since my first post on this thread - the M sport body kit does not an M car make, so therefore no M badges on the outside. Obviously ya'll don't hear that and like to pose with your fake Ms. Well go on then. Deuces.
      02-05-2015, 08:24 AM   #32
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
All US spec FXX are packaged with build option S3DZA 'Delete Extra External Lettering', I doubt one can order their car with this option-delete.

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #33
joewalton
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I've seen a ton of retards on the road put fake m badges on everything from an e90 base 328 to a honda odyssey van to an e46 325i wagon. joewalton is in the same. This isn't Europe. This is America. We don't have M badges because we aren't posers.

But hey, it's not my car. Do what you want, I just stated my opinion since my first post on this thread - the M sport body kit does not an M car make, so therefore no M badges on the outside. Obviously ya'll don't hear that and like to pose with your fake Ms. Well go on then. Deuces.
I'm not sure why I'm responding to someone who just called me a 'retard' but I do this to clarify for the larger group:

It's not 2004 any more and the 3 Series is no longer BMW's premier Ultimate Driving Machine. It's bigger and softer and more luxurious. So here 10 years later you've got a different audience you're talking to in this forum. Many of us aren't modding our cars or trying to eke out some fractional performance enhancements because the 3 Series and 4 Series are no longer the optimal platforms for that.

The M235i is universally acclaimed as BMW's current Ultimate Driving Machine. It's small, light, and tight, everything the old E46 used to be. If this were the 2 Series forum I might be able to understand your attitude. None of us are "poseurs" here. Last time I checked we're a bunch of 40 to 50 year olds driving mostly stock 3's and 4's and none of us should be lectured as if we're driving Ferrari's when we're not even driving BMW's best performance platform. It's 2014, not 2004.

You've made your position clear and this is a thread designed to answer someone's question about something you don't agree with, so please move on.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 09:38 AM   #34
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:

You guys are so cool, you two should set up a meeting at the local WalMart to settle this growing dispute and see who is truly the more insecure of the two.

I don't particularly care for all of the M badges that they put on M-Sports, but at least they're subtle and I barely notice them....they just have lots of subtle M badging. Having a badge on the fender is a bit too noticeable for my own personal taste. Hell I don't even like the M emblems on actual M cars that are in the seats that light up. I get it, it's an M car.

Is it "deserving" of the M logo? No, but who cares? BMW owns the naming rights and can use it as a marketing tool as it sees fit. Mercedes does it with an AMG Sport package, Cadillac does it with the V Sport trim, and Lexus does it with it's F-Sport package. It's an easy way to denote a sporty trim of a particular brand as the respective monikers are instantly recognized as being sporty.

I don't know why people get so damn worked up about it, at the end of the day who fucking cares? Apparently your stereotypical Jersey trash does.

You must be the same loser who, when you had your Acura, you swapped it out for Honda badges and argued it's true "JDM" heritage with other Acura owners. The ridiculous amounts of insecurity and people with Napoleon complexes around here is just hilarious and sad at the same time.

Last edited by fecurtis; 02-05-2015 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #35
Thumper333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlv View Post
Wow, really?
Arguing over two M badges that come out of the factory in Europe?

I personally don't get it...

Some people should just chill out and stop worrying about other people "ruining" the brand.
Right?

LMAO

If we can move the conversation away from name calling and screaming.....I would like to offer another, interesting point and observation.

My car came from the factory, US spec with 8 /M badges already installed. One on each wheel, one on the steering wheel, one in each sill plate, and one on the dead pedal.

Please explain why adding 2 to the fenders (if I did it) makes me a "poser" or devalues the 'brand'?

I'm just curious? I mean, should I instantly remove all the M badges BMW deemed the car needed?
2015 Audi S3 Misano Red | 19" Sport pack w/Mag Ride | B&O
1983 Porsche 944 All stock
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #36
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
You must be the same loser who, when you had your Acura, you swapped it out for Honda badges and argued it's true "JDM" heritage with other Acura owners. The ridiculous amounts of insecurity and people with Napoleon complexes around here is just hilarious and sad at the same time.

Nope, but joewalton probably would - probably add a Type-R badge to that bullshit too. "That's how they do it in Japan"

My acura was pretty much stock as day 1, save for tein springs. Didn't have any desire to mod that boat. I don't need no badges...actually the less badges on the car the better it looks.
      02-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #37
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper333 View Post
Right?

LMAO

If we can move the conversation away from name calling and screaming.....I would like to offer another, interesting point and observation.

My car came from the factory, US spec with 8 /M badges already installed. One on each wheel, one on the steering wheel, one in each sill plate, and one on the dead pedal.

Please explain why adding 2 to the fenders (if I did it) makes me a "poser" or devalues the 'brand'?

I'm just curious? I mean, should I instantly remove all the M badges BMW deemed the car needed?
lol it doesn't. I personally wouldn't like a little M badge on the fender but it wouldn't make you a poseur. Like when I ordered the MPPK on my car, the dealer asked if I wanted to put the decals that say "M Performance" on the lower fender. I didn't want those either so I said no, I didn't go into some tirade about how that devalues anything.

Some people just take insignificant things wayyyyy too seriously.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #38
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I bet this is the last time the OP asks a question about M badges.

If a little factory placed "M" on the side causes such an uproar, what would this do??

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #39
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Dead serious. BJ aka joewalton smack talked about my car thinking his stock Gran Coupe is something amazing aka an M428I.

So a little back and forth should be expected.

I've seen a ton of retards on the road put fake m badges on everything from an e90 base 328 to a honda odyssey van to an e46 325i wagon. BJ aka joewalton is in the same. This isn't Europe. This is America. We don't have M badges because we aren't posers.

You must be mistaken. joewalton can't be the same guy as BJ. They are totally different guys.

joewalton is a BMW purist by his own words. BJ calls his 428i an M428i, thereby creating a BMW product with one example, his. joewalton the BMW purist would never do that.

joewalton generally respects other models of BMWs since they were designed by the BMW gods and therefore worthy by definition. As a purist, this makes sense. This BJ guy posts each and every day how perfect his 428i GC is and explains it to all of us in detail each and every day. Thats no big deal since he loves his car. But this BJ guy goes way beyond loving his own car by bashing almost everything else in the F3x group. The F30 is too boxy. The n55 is not necessary and nobody needs it. The 4er coupe (the two door model, not his perfect GC) is too long and has gigantic doors, similar to a vintage Cadillac Coupe de Ville. This BJ guy doesn't stop with body style and engines. He thinks the only proper color is Mineral Grey and the only proper interior color is red. joewalton the BMW purist would never openly criticize the perfecty proportioned F30 sedan designed by the BMW gods. No purist would do that. Therefore, I am convinced that joewalton is NOT BJ. Its probably coincidence that they drive exactly the same car.
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #40
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
You must be mistaken. joewalton can't be the same guy as BJ. They are totally different guys.

joewalton is a BMW purist by his own words. BJ calls his 428i an M428i, thereby creating a BMW product with one example, his. joewalton the BMW purist would never do that.

joewalton generally respects other models of BMWs since they were designed by the BMW gods and therefore worthy by definition. As a purist, this makes sense. This BJ guy posts each and every day how perfect his 428i GC is and explains it to all of us in detail each and every day. Thats no big deal since he loves his car. But this BJ guy goes way beyond loving his own car by bashing almost everything else in the F3x group. The F30 is too boxy. The n55 is not necessary and nobody needs it. The 4er coupe (the two door model, not his perfect GC) is too long and has gigantic doors, similar to a vintage Cadillac Coupe de Ville. This BJ guy doesn't stop with body style and engines. He thinks the only proper color is Mineral Grey and the only proper interior color is red. joewalton the BMW purist would never openly criticize the perfecty proportioned F30 sedan designed by the BMW gods. No purist would do that. Therefore, I am convinced that joewalton is NOT BJ. Its probably coincidence that they drive exactly the same car.
Lol, nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #41
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post

hahaha, I just died of laughter.
      02-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #42
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #43
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
Let me provide the caption:

The guy on the left: "no really, the M428iGC is the best 4-door BMW has ever made. In fact, there is really nothing worth owning except for the M428iGC. Anyone who doesn't agree is just jealous. People who bought an F3x before the very special GC version came out are really upset with themselves for wasting their money on inferior cars."

The guy on the right: well he didn't say anything. He just stared.....

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #44
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

OP, if the M isn't sold separately you can get a 235 badge and take the M from that.
Appreciate 0