F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Aftermarket Retrofit M-Merformance or M3 Rear Bumper
ARMA SPEED

01-30-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M Comp

Garage List
Aftermarket Retrofit M-Merformance or M3 Rear Bumper

So I'm contemplating between the M-Performance and M3 rear bumper retrofit. I've been told the M3 style will require exhaust modification to allow the exhaust to line up to the diffuser cutouts. Can anyone confirm if the stock 335 exhaust will line up with any part of the M3 bumper? I've been told the M-Performance will not require any work and will be much better. I'm leaning towards the M-Performance just because I'm uncertain of the amount of work the M3 style will take.

In addition to the bumper, I'm also about to order an exhaust since I just put the ER catless DP on. I'm looking at the Borla Type-R or the AWE Tuning (with mid-pipe).

This is the link to the M3 bumper from European motorsports seller on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-18-M3-M4...gAAOSwuOpbW45F

I'm likely going to end up with the M-Performance style unless it's minimal modifications.

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Please get the M-Sport bumper and not the M3 bumper
      01-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #3
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Please get the M-Sport bumper and not the M3 bumper
I really think that's the way I'm going to go. M3 seems to sound like much of a hassle.

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 01:39 AM   #4
Ownnij
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Please do the M3 rear bumper and not the M-Sport bumper

haha sorry i just had to say that to mock the other dude. There was absolutely nothing informative about that answer.

I'm assuming that if you have to do a rear bumper conversion then you have the base model bumper. I don't know the exact reference for it but the non-msport version. Doing a m3 rear bumper without doing the entire conversion.. the car would look hella awkward because it's a really aggressive rear end vs a plain jane front end.

now to answer your question... i wouldn't say it's a hassle because you're already going to be doing the exhaust. The only difference is you're limited to exhaust systems and you probably should figure that out when installing the rear bumper. There are bolt on ready to go muffler systems for this conversion and if you don't like them then there is always a custom set up option or hell go to the muffler shop and have them fab up a 100-200 dollar quad exhaust set up. YOUR CAR, your preference!
Appreciate 1
NVETHIS55.50
      02-01-2019, 07:53 AM   #5
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownnij View Post

haha sorry i just had to say that to mock the other dude. There was absolutely nothing informative about that answer.

I'm assuming that if you have to do a rear bumper conversion then you have the base model bumper. I don't know the exact reference for it but the non-msport version. Doing a m3 rear bumper without doing the entire conversion.. the car would look hella awkward because it's a really aggressive rear end vs a plain jane front end.

now to answer your question... i wouldn't say it's a hassle because you're already going to be doing the exhaust. The only difference is you're limited to exhaust systems and you probably should figure that out when installing the rear bumper. There are bolt on ready to go muffler systems for this conversion and if you don't like them then there is always a custom set up option or hell go to the muffler shop and have them fab up a 100-200 dollar quad exhaust set up. YOUR CAR, your preference!
It's a bumper. Installing the M3 bumper on a non-M vehicle, in my opinion, is tacky. It's an opinion thread and I gave my opinion. I didn't realize I had to get scientific
      02-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
FallenRainDrops
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 435i RWD

probly should get the M3 style front bumper to go with it
BC Racing Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #7
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I ordered the M3 conversion bumper from eurpoeanmotorsports with a Carbon Fiber lip already. It arrives tomorrow. I'm getting it painted off the car and will likely have it installed next week. I really like the style of the M3 rear bumper just a bit more than the M-Sport Performance. I am also ordering an aftermarket carbon Fiber hood. I have a hella ton of chips on the hood and I figured with the New M3 front, custom gunmetal rims a CF hood would look great on my white car rather than just re-painting the hood.

I know it's not an M3. But it is what I bought first and hell, I could go out and buy an M3 or M4 tomorrow. But I like my car, and I 100% agree it's my shit so I'm going to do what I like and looks good to me, and that's that I've never been one to conform to others opinions.

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's a bumper. Installing the M3 bumper on a non-M vehicle, in my opinion, is tacky. It's an opinion thread and I gave my opinion. I didn't realize I had to get scientific
I totally respect your opinion and thanks for the response, refer above to my thoughts if interested. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much work is involved getting an M3 rear on there.

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #9
NVETHIS
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenRainDrops View Post
probly should get the M3 style front bumper to go with it
Definitely. I have that arriving tomorrow

-NVE
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 06:58 PM   #10
Ownnij
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVETHIS View Post
I ordered the M3 conversion bumper from eurpoeanmotorsports with a Carbon Fiber lip already. It arrives tomorrow. I'm getting it painted off the car and will likely have it installed next week. I really like the style of the M3 rear bumper just a bit more than the M-Sport Performance. I am also ordering an aftermarket carbon Fiber hood. I have a hella ton of chips on the hood and I figured with the New M3 front, custom gunmetal rims a CF hood would look great on my white car rather than just re-painting the hood.

I know it's not an M3. But it is what I bought first and hell, I could go out and buy an M3 or M4 tomorrow. But I like my car, and I 100% agree it's my shit so I'm going to do what I like and looks good to me, and that's that I've never been one to conform to others opinions.

-NVE
that's awesome bro. can you post some pictures when you finish? i got the m3 front bumper and rear bumper but i decided to keep my msport side skirts with the splitters.

btw since i just found out you do have the m3 front bumper.. hell yes m3 rear bumper all the way! what i did was just bought some quad exhaust tips and had a local muffler shop weld up a exhaust system for me and i haven't looked back since then.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #11
Ownnij
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i hear ya buddy. i'm one of those car guys that thinks cool shit is cool shit. i have a strong japanese automotive background so yea... my hondas, nissans and subarus looked like their jdm counterparts. even though my intergra with a type r front end wasn't really a type r or my multiple 240sx weren't really a "Sylvia" or my fully built 2001 2.5rs (GC8) wasn't really a STI... i sure as hell didn't think it was tacky LOL

it's the same thing bro.. bmw isn't different from doing that type of stuff but ayeeee you know some people cringe when they see that type of stuff hahahahaha it's all good! thanks for sharing your opinion
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 12:41 AM   #12
M3C_Thanos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVETHIS View Post
So I'm contemplating between the M-Performance and M3 rear bumper retrofit. I've been told the M3 style will require exhaust modification to allow the exhaust to line up to the diffuser cutouts. Can anyone confirm if the stock 335 exhaust will line up with any part of the M3 bumper? I've been told the M-Performance will not require any work and will be much better. I'm leaning towards the M-Performance just because I'm uncertain of the amount of work the M3 style will take.

In addition to the bumper, I'm also about to order an exhaust since I just put the ER catless DP on. I'm looking at the Borla Type-R or the AWE Tuning (with mid-pipe).

This is the link to the M3 bumper from European motorsports seller on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-18-M3-M4...gAAOSwuOpbW45F

I'm likely going to end up with the M-Performance style unless it's minimal modifications.

-NVE
You will need to do a bit of modification to the exhaust to make the m3 f80 style rear bumper work.

Its a hassle but it looks better than the played out Msport bumper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #13
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

The M3 replica rear bumper looks pretty ridiculous on the F30. It just doesn't flow right with the F30 body and looks off from most angles. Like someone with a huge chin. The M3 replica front bumper looks pretty decent though.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #14
Ownnij
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowestn54(4)life View Post
You will need to do a bit of modification to the exhaust to make the m3 f80 style rear bumper work.

what did you end up using? i ended up just doing a straight pipe but it's getting kind of annoying now.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:13 AM   #15
M3C_Thanos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

what did you end up using? i ended up just doing a straight pipe but it's getting kind of annoying now.
I used 2 vibrant resonators and it sounds sweet!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 01:21 AM   #16
M3C_Thanos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
The M3 replica rear bumper looks pretty ridiculous on the F30. It just doesn't flow right with the F30 body and looks off from most angles. Like someone with a huge chin. The M3 replica front bumper looks pretty decent though.

Looks fine to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 11:21 PM   #17
SDMostro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340, 987, Macan Turbo, QV

Looks great! Thanks for posting all the links and parts you used. I’ll be doing the same next.
I’ve got the front and sides done now I just need to finish it off with the rear. Do you have any clips of the sound?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 05:29 AM   #18
Nircom
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 f30 335

Quote:
I used 2 vibrant resonators and it sounds sweet!!
Quote:

my apology for the revive.
Did you mean there's a fitment "hassle" to fit a 4 tip m3 like exhust (like in the secont photo) , or is there a hassle even if you stay with the original 335i 2 tip exhust? (first photo)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 06:52 AM   #19
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

Lol!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #20
debilashka
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Quote:

😂 damn
Appreciate 0