F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > connected drive
Studio RSR

09-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #1
trumble
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i sport

connected drive

Car Is 3yrs old next week. tried to renew RTTI and map update but they are greyed out .Any ideas why? and how much do they cost nothing on site.
also I have been told by dealer that you cant renew breakdown cover without extended warranty but you can on web for £69.00. good price

Thanks
trumble
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

You should get a message just before your stuff runs out. I don't think you can renew it early.
You could then get the connected package plus.

If you wait until Black Friday sale, they usually have between 20% & 30% off. Double bonus, as it'll fall into the sale period when it's due again.
Attached Images

09-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #3
GEP77
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Long Range.

You pretty much have to go for packages now rather than individual options.

Because of this until all the items in a package are expired you can't get the package - this is what I found out after contacting connected drive via the website.

It would be unusual for RTTI to expire exactly on 3 years. Most cars got 3 years + 3 months out the box it seems.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
trumble
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i sport

Thanks for your help

trumble
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #5
Malone
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i Touring Shadow Ed. MPPSK

Ours is coming to end soon and I can’t decide if it’s worth renewing, just for RTTI.
Does anyone know what on earth Intelligent Voice Assistant is and the difference between that and normal voice control?!

We’ve got the standard voice control in our MINI and it seems no different to the BMW!
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 05:51 PM   #6
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

I believe the intelligent version goes online for better speech recognition. Much like Siri and Alexa etc. I assume the standard version isn’t as accurate.

Ian.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #7
Malone
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i Touring Shadow Ed. MPPSK

Cheers Ian. So I doubt “Absolute Radio”, “Sport Display” and “Stop Navigation” should require an Intelligent Voice subscription 😂
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 01:50 PM   #8
jenshb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i MSport

Having some problems with my connected drive message system - it just doesn't receive messages. I can use the BMW connected app to open and lock the doors as well as ventilate the vehicle, but using the BMW Connected Drive site or the app to go to the map and send an address to the vehicle doesn't work. I get the message that it has been sent to the vehicle, but when I check messages, nothing has been received. I even deleted some messages thinking the "inbox" was full. Have called BMW connected drive helpline, and they advised updating, which I have done on several occasions. Was advised I needed the BMW Online app - that was another £40. Nothing. Was told to delete my vehicle from the Connected Drive services and then re-enter the vehicle. Done that. Almost. AFter entering the VIN number, I am told I need to enter the validation code sent to the vehicle, and can be found in ConnectedDrive and Messages. Nothing received.

Any ideas what's going on?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:53 AM   #9
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Cheers Ian. So I doubt “Absolute Radio”, “Sport Display” and “Stop Navigation” should require an Intelligent Voice subscription 😂
I think you and me would be fine. It’s probably needed for people further north that talk a bit funny
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #10
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshb View Post
Having some problems with my connected drive message system - it just doesn't receive messages. I can use the BMW connected app to open and lock the doors as well as ventilate the vehicle, but using the BMW Connected Drive site or the app to go to the map and send an address to the vehicle doesn't work. I get the message that it has been sent to the vehicle, but when I check messages, nothing has been received. I even deleted some messages thinking the "inbox" was full. Have called BMW connected drive helpline, and they advised updating, which I have done on several occasions. Was advised I needed the BMW Online app - that was another £40. Nothing. Was told to delete my vehicle from the Connected Drive services and then re-enter the vehicle. Done that. Almost. AFter entering the VIN number, I am told I need to enter the validation code sent to the vehicle, and can be found in ConnectedDrive and Messages. Nothing received.

Make sure the car is logged into your account in the iDrive. When you're in that screen & logged in, press the 'option' button. Select 'update bmw services'. That might sort it out.
      09-25-2020, 07:06 AM   #11
jenshb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Make sure the car is logged into your account in the iDrive. When you're in that screen & logged in, press the 'option' button. Select 'update bmw services'. That might sort it out.
Have done that. About five or six times.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:37 AM   #12
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Have done that. About five or six times.
Gave you tried contacting connected drive? If so what have they said.

Might be worth a trip to the dealers to speak with their "genius" and get them to have a look/try to get it working. If you have a warranty go from there if there seems to be an issue that could be down to hardware.
      09-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #13
jenshb
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
Gave you tried contacting connected drive? If so what have they said.

Might be worth a trip to the dealers to speak with their "genius" and get them to have a look/try to get it working. If you have a warranty go from there if there seems to be an issue that could be down to hardware.
Yes, I have contacted BMW Connected Drive helpline, and they are offering to add my car to my account if I send them photos/scans/pdfs of the first two pages in the V5 document. That doesn't really solve the problem that the car doesn't receive messages - even the validation code. If the car doesn't receive (or display) the validation code, I can't see how it will be receiving or displaying any other messages. According to the assistant I spoke to this afternoon, this was two separate issues, and they "are working on it". It's a nice to have thing, and I don't need it urgently, but I would like it to work when the "genius" I spoke to a week ago told me I had to purchase the BMW Online app....
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 08:22 PM   #14
echolust
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i

My subscription to my F32 has just expired and it basically rendered my car stupid. My favorite part was the speech recognition - it really got my requests at a good rate almost all the time. Now it struggles to capture basic driving direction requests. I would love to renew but ...I don't think it's worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 01:33 AM   #15
jbeer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport Shadow Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumble View Post
Car Is 3yrs old next week. tried to renew RTTI and map update but they are greyed out .Any ideas why? and how much do they cost nothing on site.
also I have been told by dealer that you cant renew breakdown cover without extended warranty but you can on web for £69.00. good price
I'm going to be in the same boat, my RTTI & maps expire in April so I'm hoping for 1 more map update then I'm waiting for the Black Friday sale, you can buy the items separately however they are now doing bundle packages which is better value...for Black Friday the 2 cheapest packages were:

Connected Package - £41.30 incl Remote Services, BMW Online, Online Speech Processing
Connected Package Plus - £69.30 incl as above plus - USB Map Updates, RTTI

Individually RTTI & Map Updates for the year during the BF Sale were RTTI - £34.30 & Map Updates - £55.30

Quote:

You will need to purchase BMW Connected+ which allows you to send messages and drop pin locations from the BMW app to your car

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 04:54 AM   #16
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by echolust View Post
My subscription to my F32 has just expired and it basically rendered my car stupid. My favorite part was the speech recognition - it really got my requests at a good rate almost all the time. Now it struggles to capture basic driving direction requests. I would love to renew but ...I don't think it's worth the money.
TBH, I believe the package I posted at the top of the page is pretty good value at £99. If you use it of course.
I did wait as intended for the BF sale & got it for £69, which, to be honest, was a no-brainer for me, for what you get.
      02-16-2021, 06:19 AM   #17
abeat1
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d MSport MHEV

My connected drive ran out during December as expected when the car hit 3 years old, I haven't had time to do anything about renewing and all services stopped. Last night when I checked I discovered all services are back up and running, Weather, Fuel prices and I even made a concierge call which worked perfectly with the data arriving on the idrive. I checked my account online and note that I now have the connected drive plus package showing as Valid until the end of July. Am pretty chuffed as I didn't spend a penny :-)
Appreciate 1
jbeer154.50