F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
proTUNING Freaks

01-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #2927
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRed View Post
Is there a kind anyone that could help me or teach me how to do some little grammar corrections to the Italian language? I include in this message a small pdf with some of the edits I would like to do on my px3 image.
I don't know if it's possible but I wuold be glad to learn how to do.
Thank you all in advance.
Maybe @Kri can help me?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:21 AM   #2928
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Maybe @Kri can help me?
Unfortunately thats a very outdated system, which is before my "Android Headunit" time.

Someone would reverse engineer the image, gather the launcher app , check if the system is rootable and Root it.
Then create a new specific KswOverlay for this head unit typ and test it.

That requires a Headunit at the desk alot of work and not just done in an hour, for me i unfortunately don't have the time to do this

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 01-28-2022 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #2929
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Unfortunately thats a very outdated system, which is before my "Android Headunit" time.

Someone would reverse engineer the image, gather the launcher app , check if the system is rootable and Root it.
Then create a new specific KswOverlay for this head unit typ and test it.

That requires a Headunit at the desk alot of work and not just done in an hour, for my i unfortunately don't have the time to do this

Kri
Understood. Thanks anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #2930
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hburak View Post
Hi,
I would be interested, please share it. Thanks
Sorry for the delay in answering, here's the link for the download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNg...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 10:53 AM   #2931
PabloPablito
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
OK, so I managed to hack out the "navigation audio through telephone mute" feature. This means navigation audio will no longer play through the left speaker with any distortion. Logical consequence is that you will need your car radio set to AUX input for android sounds (and navigation) to play.

So listening to the internal CD player or internal FM radio will effectively mute your navigation. APK kan be downloaded here.

Ow and I forgot previously: replacing the eventcenter.apk will reset all settings unfortunately. So you will have to update from factory.xml (with client=high-grade inside) to reenable the EVO6 ui and subsequently set all settings again.
Hello, I'm glad you managed to fix the problem. I have the same problem with left-speaker navigation audio. Can you please share this app and describe how to solve it.
Or maybe someone else has an answer to it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 10:34 AM   #2932
pucha2601
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E70

Hi, does anyone have a full system image up to px6 in .img format? The system is completely dead and I have to upload it with RKDevtool
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 12:15 AM   #2933
hburak
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in answering, here's the link for the download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNg...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks....
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 01:24 PM   #2934
arisgigi
Rep
Drives: X1 18D E84 2014

Hi , any idea how to relatively safely root my HU PX3 7.1.1 ?

I have an app that I use for android auto ( headunit reloaded ) but the system doesn't save the option to open the app when I plug usb cable.

LE.

I updatated the android with the rooted image from the wiki but the annying message regaring the app acees to usb still allways popup

Last edited by arisgigi; 06-17-2022 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 01:07 PM   #2935
thecos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzesik33 View Post
Hi, I recently bought my first BMW, i.e. E87. I have purchased a GPS navigation on android for it. I have some problem. After buying the device to check if it works, I connected it to the BMW radio. At first the screen was flickering, but then it worked. So I started installing it in the car. After installing all the components, I connected the GPS device, but again, the screen started to flicker (picture 1). I've unplugged and replugged the cables several times, and finally the screen lights up and android does not start at all. Interestingly, when I put the car in reverse, the screen switches to the reversing camera properly. Has anyone of you encountered this problem?

I have the same problem, look at the previous page of this thread, but never found a solution. Did you?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 08:26 AM   #2936
laviniu
Registered
Rep
Drives: F32

Android 8

This old navigation has an overheating problem and only worked well with Android Auto. Unfortunately that stopped working on Android 7. Is there a way to upgrade this to Android 8?

Thanks,
L
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 07:37 AM   #2937
michael873
Rep
Drives: 5.25d

Hi, I have PX6 Android 8.1 HeadUnit. I want to upgrade to new Android firmware. But I'm afraid to loose BMW specific modes like ID 4, 5, EVO screens, etc. Anybody knows where these modes stored ? I downloaded a new PX6.zip from net. Maybe the device will be bricked ?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 03:11 AM   #2938
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael873 View Post
Hi, I have PX6 Android 8.1 HeadUnit. I want to upgrade to new Android firmware. But I'm afraid to loose BMW specific modes like ID 4, 5, EVO screens, etc. Anybody knows where these modes stored ? I downloaded a new PX6.zip from net. Maybe the device will be bricked ?

Thanks.
You can't move that files to a new system, the apps installed are system / hardware specific, it wont work properly on new devices.

If you want to ensure to have the choice between UI's you need to buy a KSW Headunit, for details you can check the other Android Headunit threads here.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 12:49 AM   #2939
michael873
Rep
Drives: 5.25d

Hi Kri,

Unfortunately I choose wipe data/factory reset from the menu (Andeoid 8.1 PX6 Unit). I didn't copy factory.xml, cartypes.xml files to USB flash before wipe and reset. The unit booted without BMW UI, just android icons (apps I mean). In factory settings, I chose BMW EVO 7 and EVO 7 UI was ok at first. I think before factory reset there was no option for EVO 7. I knew that my HU doesn't support EVO7 UI.

Then I begun to experience booting problems. Sometimes it boots, sometimes only black screen, no startup logo (at this time BMW orijinal side is ok, but when I switch the android side, it shows black screen). Engine on to off, wait some minutes, and again press ignition and it boots randomly with EVO 7 UI or black screen.

I thought that this is related with factory.xml and cartypes.xml files and then I found these files from the internet and copied to SDCARD OEM folder. I deleted EVO 7 string form factory.xml file. But ıt is always shown in factory menu. Maybe the root cause of the problem is unsupported UI 7. I can not get rid of this UI.

Can you help me ? Thx.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 07:51 AM   #2940
Kojak_ct
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10

Hello guys.
I have problem with my navifly px3 android 7.1. When i update to new UI7, my navi get anomaly with brightness. When i switch to OEM CIC the brightness is ok, screen is very bright but when i switch to Android then brightness is very low. I set 100% brightness. In daylight my android is not visible but CIC have normal brightness. It is posiblle to fix this? My Navifly worked well 4 years but update broke my Android Hu. Any idea? Thanks for your any help.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 07:18 AM   #2941
jacques1959
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91lci/nbt-evo

id7 is not made for your hardware and your android version!
And who cares about bogus id7, id6, id5, etc etc.
Best solution is back to original firmware
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 08:12 AM   #2942
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques1959 View Post
id7 is not made for your hardware and your android version!
And who cares about bogus id7, id6, id5, etc etc.
Best solution is back to original firmware
Very interesting way to answer to other people who a searching for help, maybe you should think first of about you do write instead of being rude to people who do their first post in here.
Not all people do have the same demand, your comment is very narrow minded :

Kri
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #2943
jacques1959
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91lci/nbt-evo

Ok, i do not mean to be rude, just realistic!
What the guys want( the latest firmware on an older Headunit is dangeres and does not add functionality
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 05:52 AM   #2944
Kojak_ct
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10

Thanks For you replay.
I have this problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
So koutsouk was so kind to send me firmware 035242bYC-CCC-HW8-190525, which is the most recent firmware I have. There is something interesting with this firmware:

They have introduced a setting to control the auto dimming feature. That means it can be enabled and disabled from android. A part of the update_settings routine writes the setting:

It's actually a frame that can be sent from android with hex bytes 0x70 and 0x13 and then 0x00 to enable or 0x01 to disable auto dimming.

There must be a corresponding settings apk somewhere in a ROM that controls the setting. This means that the Chinese do listen to their customers ;-)

I still patched the firmware for everyone who doesn't have the corresponding settings apk.

They made a mistake though. If you disable the auto dimming while your lights are on, the brightness will never return to 100%. (as night_enabled is never processed anymore). So if you have a new unit with the setting in the settings app: Do not turn off auto dimming while the lights are ON.
I did an update out of my curiosity. I didn't know this problem before. Going back to the oldest version doesn't change anything. The radio works fine but is very dark. I bought SD662 6/128GB but I'm trying to fix old Android 7.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 01:29 AM   #2945
johanson
Rep
Drives: BMW E87

hello, I have a problem in a bmw e87 px3 with android 7.1, one day when starting the car I changed from ID6 to ID5 and not only that... my bluetooth doesn't work.
I have tried to update with the file that comes on the first page of this post and also with the file that the manufacturer has sent me and everything remains the same.
They tell me that it may be something from the original operating system and that there would be no way to make it work again.
I do not believe that due to a software failure, the android screen should be thrown away and that is why I ask you for help.
Is it possible to reset it to factory settings?

thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 11:42 AM   #2946
slayer
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw E81

Ηello everyone
last november i bought a head unit xtrons SNAPDRAGON 662 6GB+128GB for E81
i installed by my own with no problems except the i drive control that included inside and it was replaced
A week ago the HU stucked in boot logo
no apps added by me ,only spotify
i did the reset from the back hole with no results
i spoke with the seller and send me updates to do ,but still not responding at all when i put the usb
The weird thing now is that i was on ride yesterday and before reach my destination the HU starts working suddenly....

My question now is if i should do those updates or remain in same,now mine is v1.8.6,they send me V2.4.2 and if cannot completed ,then try first with V2.3.8)
Also they told me to name the file “Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v-ota-reset-data_factory” but in first page i saw for SD662
Ksw-R-M600_OS_v-ota-reset-data_factory.zip
what about that?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 05:07 AM   #2947
legrooch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hello guys!

I have three questions:
1) is it possible to make screen on (same, as normal) without ignition? Without ignition radio works etc, but I don't see anything. I would like to use android without switching all modules on....
2) is it possible to use phone with android, but with BMW microphones? With android app?
3) anyone saw possibility to use car data on dashboard widget? Trip information like time, distance and mpg?

Edit:
Snapdragon unit on Android 12, with 8GB and 1080p

Regards,
Leszek

Last edited by legrooch; 04-17-2023 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2023, 04:42 PM   #2948
Trnc
Rep
Drives: 08' X5 3.0SD / 00' E39 M5 SC

1280x480 android 7.1 PX3 unit with error

I have a problem on my Dasaita HA7015-K720 BMW Android 7.1 head unit, the previous owner have updated the unit with a 8.1 android update that i dont think worked properly, because my google services have never worked since i bought it. I have been trying to get the firmware from Dasaita, but the download link is dead and i get no reply from them on their websde, facebook or on Aliexpress. Its a 1280x480 10.25" Bmw E70 X5 CCC head unit with a PX3 Android 7.1 system with 2GB Ram and 32GB storage. Do anyone know what the problem might be regarding the non working google services error prompt thats coming all the time on the screen? I can not enter google apps as i only get a error prompt when i do, so the app side of the unit is non-working at all. Just using it to see the OEM screen system as its the only think thats working properly..

Link to the headunit: https://de.aliexpress.com/i/32912051...yAdapt=glo2deu
Appreciate 0