F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > New build house issue - advice required
Studio RSR

10-26-2020, 07:16 AM   #45
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Well you can get new builds not on an estate... so is it the new build or the location that affects value compared to an older house in a less estate like position?

Sutton Coldfield - where the poster you replied to comes from when you said "you may be able to up north..." but he isnt....

And indeed to your last point so sometimes the choice is the size and space you want on an estate or a smaller house non estate.... with a young family at home, family and friends visiting regularly, a bigger house on an estate (where they might have friends to play with) is often beneficial. The miserable old gits can have the small non estate places. The rich ones can have both, sadly that isnt everyone....
I think you’re making this terribly complicated and thinking too hard about it.

Similar sized house in the same area, on a new estate, or an older house on a more more traditional road with a decent garden, the second will always sell for more. Apart from maybe initial sale when someone is happy to pay a premium for a new house, that generally then loses a little in value.

I think we can leave the occasional bespoke new build out of the general conversation.

Doesn’t matter if you’re from North or South, or where you think that border is either.
Appreciate 1
Sennen1733.50
      10-26-2020, 09:36 AM   #46
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
I think you’re making this terribly complicated and thinking too hard about it.

Similar sized house in the same area, on a new estate, or an older house on a more more traditional road with a decent garden, the second will always sell for more. Apart from maybe initial sale when someone is happy to pay a premium for a new house, that generally then loses a little in value.

I think we can leave the occasional bespoke new build out of the general conversation.

Doesn’t matter if you’re from North or South, or where you think that border is either.
Yes he seems to have gone off on a bit of a tangent and confused himself
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #47
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Yes he seems to have gone off on a bit of a tangent and confused himself
Nope. Is a non estate house more valuable than an estate house - yes.

Is a new house less expensive than a old house, all other things being equal - not necessarily. Brand new will have inflated price and incentives - my house was 40k less than the sale invoice shows....

Do new house prices decline in first few years - not necessarily. Certainly nothing on this estate has seemingly gone down and my first new build sold for 40% more than I paid 30 months later....

Do I really give a shit either way - nope, it only matters if they are investments and not homes, for a home there are way more important things than the price / value metric.

All clear now?
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13512.00
      10-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #48
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

I have probably bought and sold 5 times as many house as you have cars with some degree of success i might add but again you think you are right.

Of your own admission you have purchased a piece of shite from Bovis but when others agree with you the back peddling starts.

You havent bought wisely...... it can happen to any of us.

I find it hard to believe why anyone would even think they are getting a quality product from these 'slap em up' merchants.

Comparing these outfits to a bespoke developer who maybe does 3 or 4 units a year max who has been working with the same Tradesmen for years on end is faintly ridiculous.

But you dont give a shit
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #49
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

And that is all i have to say on that
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 10:33 AM   #50
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I have probably bought and sold 5 times as many house as you have cars with some degree of success i might add but again you think you are right.

Of your own admission you have purchased a piece of shite from Bovis but when others agree with you the back peddling starts.

You havent bought wisely...... it can happen to any of us.

I find it hard to believe why anyone would even think they are getting a quality product from these 'slap em up' merchants.

Comparing these outfits to a bespoke developer who maybe does 3 or 4 units a year max who has been working with the same Tradesmen for years on end is faintly ridiculous.

But you dont give a shit
it only matters if they are investments and not homes, for a home there are way more important things than the price / value metric.

I refer you to the statement above in my previous message....

Is my Bovis home built well? no. Am I still fighting them over it, yes. would I have preferred it to be a bespoke developers build quality - absolutely.

BUT as a family home, balancing location, space, schools, proximity to station etc, and price was it the best buy for us at the time, yes.

Its a home not an investment...for me and my family. So I would say on that front it was as wise as we could be in the frankly stupidly overpriced locale....
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #51
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
And that is all i have to say on that
Perfect...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 11:51 AM   #52