F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Remote & Connected Apps in Canada HELP
GetBMWParts

09-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #155
Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck_it! View Post
Thanks canadian33! Is the Remote app down because of the transition to the new app or is it just me? I cant log in and reseting the password does not work either.
The Remote app appears to be down. We were notified earlier this week, based on customer feedback.

A ticket has been opened and we are investigating internally.

The good news is the Connected App will be launching in Canada in mid-October, and we will move away from the legacy apps.
Thank you! Cant wait till mid-October!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #156
Livfast335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340 X-Drive

Hey man! I have a 2018 440.... and I'm pretty techy with Android if you need any help.
2013 BMW 335i X-Drive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 01:43 AM   #157
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
I'm reading this forum and I'm a little bit shocked... I was following Canadian33 instructions to register on the new system, then i just opened the new app (which I downloaded from the US iOS app store) and BAM... my car was there, i tried some functions and all seemed to work (i'm in the house, i can't test send to car, but i was able to locate it just fine)....

So while the new app isn't yet available in the canadian store, if you do happen to have a US account, you can download and use it today with a canadian car!

yAAAYYYY!
Attached Images

Last edited by spucktacular; 10-03-2018 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #158
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck_it! View Post
Thanks canadian33! Is the Remote app down because of the transition to the new app or is it just me? I cant log in and reseting the password does not work either.
The remote was down "Again", but is back up as of yesterday morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 12:49 PM   #159
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doruk View Post
Still same thing...
try it again. The Remote app was down for a few days, but is back up as of yesterday morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #160
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by spucktacular View Post
I'm reading this forum and I'm a little bit shocked... I was following Canadian33 instructions to register on the new system, then i just opened the new app (which I downloaded from the US iOS app store) and BAM... my car was there, i tried some functions and all seemed to work (i'm in the house, i can't test send to car, but i was able to locate it just fine)....

So while the new app isn't yet available in the canadian store, if you do happen to have a US account, you can download and use it today with a canadian car!

yAAAYYYY!
Can't unlock the car
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 06:02 PM   #161
IanFS
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Garage List
2016 X3  [0.00]
About 6 weeks ago I lost all connectivity to my X3 through the connected app and iPhone cable. I don't get the extended menu under the connected drive on I drive either. Nowhere to login. Any help appreciated.
I downloaded the app from the UK store and tried to add car. It tells me "car is not equipped " for this. I then called the number in Canada which pops up but they couldn't help. BMW assist.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #162
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
Can't unlock the car
There is no option, in my app at least, for unlock so that’s a different argument, but the functions that are available ALL work. Lock, locate the car, send directions to car, ventilate, horn and flashers. All work! It also syncs the odometer and fuel level after connecting it via the USB Cable, that opens up a new app on the idrive screen. Overall, I couldn’t be happier but did it ever take a long time.. let’s see how much longer until the new app is actually available in the Canadian App Store.

Thanks BMW Canada for streamlining the backend systems, and bringing Canadians up to what everyone else in the world was already enjoying. You guys remind me of what blackberry did 10 years ago, fall asleep at the wheel. You’re lucky people don’t buy new cars as often as cell phones.

Now where is the 8 months of free service credits for all paying customers. I actually just renewed my 2016’s ComnecteDrive subscription this summer for hundreds of dollars, though I haven’t been able to send a direction to the car since FEBRUARY!!
Appreciate 1
pokerface429.50
      10-03-2018, 09:52 PM   #163
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
And what is with this constant downtime? This is 2018, distributed iaas architecture, route53 dns resolution with health checks and secondary lb records, clustered/redundant app nodes, load balancers, high-availability, active-active database cluster design, micro services, full-stack service monitoring, Splunk, Zabbix, data dog, pager duty, victor ops..... come on guys, this is basic shit.

I would expect proper DevOps and hosting environment procedures in place for an organization as large and well funded as BMW. Death is usually measured in seconds or minutes for modern SaaS offerings, BMW ConnectedDrive backends go down for days at a time like its normal. BMW Canada, you need to rethink your operational priorities and hire some certified DevOps and Cloud systems engineers.

@canadian33 no offense intended, they should make you head of PR for giving owners some glimmer of hope. But your boss should be fired and his/her bosses should really rethink and priorities their IT operations budget. The only reason this ever took this long is lack of an adequate team working at it. Everything else is readily available ON DEMAND.

Last edited by spucktacular; 10-03-2018 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
pokerface429.50
      10-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #164
grwl_grewal
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328XI and X7 M50i

Website Stuck IN LOOP

Every time I login to my connected drive account, it tries to register the car automatically and the throws an error after sometime. Not able to add or remove the car in account.

Subscription is valid till 2019 and 2024.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #165
grwl_grewal
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:

yAAAYYYY!
will I have all these features on my 2014 F30?? like lock, unlock, horn, climate control.
what subscription do I need for all these?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 09:59 AM   #166
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

BMW Connected App for Canada

Quote:

yAAAYYYY!
Hi,

I also downloaded this App for my 2018 X3 and all functions are working. However if car/suv has 3d cameras then there is supposed to be a functionality in the App for seeing 3D view of Parked car remotely. This is not available as of now. In another post Canadian33 has confirmed that when Connected App is officially available in Canadian App and Play store this 3d view of parked car would be available.

Canadian33 also mentioned in another post that Connected app for Canada should be available Mid-October so lets hope that it is true and we see this app in Canadian App/Play store around Oct 15th.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 10:50 PM   #167
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by grwl_grewal View Post
Every time I login to my connected drive account, it tries to register the car automatically and the throws an error after sometime. Not able to add or remove the car in account.

grwl_grewal I had the same issue until today. Removed and attempted to re-add the car a couple dozen times but it never worked. I spoke with them on three phone and was told they were aware and writing to fix the issue but it didn't get resolved after more than a month. I finally emailed them again last week asking for an update. They replied early this week that they were looking at it, and on the same day canadian33 responded to a PM advising he was looking into it.

canadian33 advised that my car was registered against my account but for some reason did not have any owner info register against it.

Now I'm not sure who fixed it exactly but as of today my car is registered on the website properly and pulls up in the app w/all previous featured (after I logged back into the app).

Try a PM to canadian33 or email the Connected Drive support (support email address is very easy to find on the site).
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 07:52 AM   #168
grwl_grewal
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen2014 View Post
grwl_grewal I had the same issue until today. Removed and attempted to re-add the car a couple dozen times but it never worked. I spoke with them on three phone and was told they were aware and writing to fix the issue but it didn't get resolved after more than a month. I finally emailed them again last week asking for an update. They replied early this week that they were looking at it, and on the same day canadian33 responded to a PM advising he was looking into it.

canadian33 advised that my car was registered against my account but for some reason did not have any owner info register against it.

Now I'm not sure who fixed it exactly but as of today my car is registered on the website properly and pulls up in the app w/all previous featured (after I logged back into the app).

Try a PM to canadian33 or email the Connected Drive support (support email address is very easy to find on the site).

I did PM Canadian33 in August, but so far no reply from him. I am hoping that when they release the APP for Canada in mid october it automatically gets. fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #169
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I did PM Canadian33 in August, but so far no reply from him. I am hoping that when they release the APP for Canada in mid october it automatically gets. fixed.
Don't assume... Email them or don't bother complaining. My impression is that if you don't let them know you have an issue they are going to assume you are fine.
Of course, maybe you don't care if it works and if that is the case then why bother posting that it doesn't?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #170
Doruk
Rep
Drives: 2013 528XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
try it again. The Remote app was down for a few days, but is back up as of yesterday morning.
Hello, the app says there is no car registered. on the website i am still stuck website trying to register my car with no success everytime i login. and i when i remove the car still it comes back everytime i login and tries registering with no success... so the problem is still there.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #171
grwl_grewal
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Don't assume... Email them or don't bother complaining. My impression is that if you don't let them know you have an issue they are going to assume you are fine.
Of course, maybe you don't care if it works and if that is the case then why bother posting that it doesn't?

I do care and want it to work, I have PM Canadian33 again and bmw connected drive too.

No need to be rude and make your assumptions..

Happy Thanksgiving!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 11:58 PM   #172
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Update your profile then try again!

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 12:09 AM   #173
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I do care and want it to work, I have PM Canadian33 again and bmw connected drive too.

No need to be rude and make your assumptions..

Happy Thanksgiving!
Not quite sure what I said that was "rude" but hopefully they will be able to sort it out for you now.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #174
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I can see how the previous comments could have been misconstrued.

Anyway it was a fair assertion that the programme is likely not commonly used so they haven’t given sufficient support / resources into it. So if no complaints then assumption might be that they were not being used. Not how I’d run my business if I went out of my way promoting the product but whatever.

Good luck grwl_grewal
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #175
Doruk
Rep
Drives: 2013 528XI

Quote:
What do you mean by updating the profile?

i have the same issue, i remove the car but it actually never removes it. funny thing is its never registered there either.

everytime i remove it , it comes back when i log out and log back in and tries to register the car and fails

doesn't send the code again nor let me remove and add the car again.. its stuck in an infinitive loop...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #176
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doruk View Post
Quote:
What do you mean by updating the profile?

i have the same issue, i remove the car but it actually never removes it. funny thing is its never registered there either.

everytime i remove it , it comes back when i log out and log back in and tries to register the car and fails

doesn't send the code again nor let me remove and add the car again.. its stuck in an infinitive loop...
yeah this is the same issue I was experiencing. canadian33 advised it was an issue where the car profile didn't have any owner info associated. I assume they have the data spilt amongst 3+ tables in a db.

Tables:
Owner data
Car Data
Account data

They then likely have several tables to relate the data using index values.

Relationship Tables:
Owner+Account
Car+Owner
Car+Account

These may be dynamic or static tables but I would assume when a car is registered to an account it should generate a relationship between the account and the car, plus one for the car to the owner. For whatever reason the car to owner relationship is not generated and you end up where you are.

I do not believe there is anything ANY of us can do from our side as I think the issue is with their backend logic/code and the only way for them to correct it is manually at this point. It may change in the future but at this time your only option is to contact the Connect Drive support directly (email or phone) and they will manually fix the issues.

Best of luck to everyone.
Appreciate 0