F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F33 Convertibles: Information, Pictures and Videos
proTUNING Freaks

11-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #89
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Hello F33 peers.

Over the past week I have begun to experience this sound
View post on imgur.com
Car has less than 5000 miles. It appears to be noticeable when driving quieter roads. It happens when letting the foot off the accelerator and the car natural gets to anywhere from 20-29 MPH. Though I have also experienced it upon slow acceleration. It can be heard with the top down or top up windows down and appears to come from the passenger side of the car. The sound is normally just a second and might even repeat itself. Rain appears to lubricate the part and mitigate the sound.

Curious if others can see if they experience this?

Dealer appears to believe it's the exhaust flap.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 10:36 PM   #90
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Hello F33 peers.

View post on imgur.com
Car has less than 5000 miles. It appears to be noticeable when driving quieter roads. It happens when letting the foot off the accelerator and the car natural gets to anywhere from 20-29 MPH. Though I have also experienced it upon slow acceleration. It can be heard with the top down or top up windows down and appears to come from the passenger side of the car. The sound is normally just a second and might even repeat itself. Rain appears to lubricate the part and mitigate the sound.

The only thing I hear is someone appears to be saying check or something.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 06:34 AM   #91
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
Quote:
Hello F33 peers.

View post on imgur.com

The only thing I hear is someone appears to be saying check or something.
It appears Imgur has compressed the video further and it sounds nothing like what I uploaded. The sound is similar to metal scratching itself. I'll try to find another video hosting provider.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #92
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Hello F33 peers.

View post on imgur.com

I am blocked from imgur at work, but I know some of the most talented BMW Master techs in NJ and great Service Advisors. Hit me up and let me know where you live and maybe I can put you in touch with them if you're in the Central NJ area
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 12:17 AM   #93
sinopath
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i(x) convertible

What do your windows look like at the corner of the A pillar when the top is folded? Mine was replaced recently, the technician didn't fit the glass all the way into the channel because "too much pressure is not good". The passenger side is fully in the channel though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 07:07 AM   #94
Rogler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i convertible

f33 convertible stopped in while closing

While closing the top last night it completely stopped in mid function and it wouldn't go up or down. Just completely dead. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but it happened just as the passenger opened her door and my bluetooth phone started ringing. I drove it back to my garage and tried to find a fuse associated with the problem. Couldn't find the fuse diagram. Frustrated, I was going to sleep on it but then tried it one last time and it worked like nothing happened. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 07:23 AM   #95
Seaman75
Rep
Drives: 2017 bmw f30

Hi everyone I have 2017 BMW F30 and I have fault code 030001 (power window driver side door relay for closing no output voltage) the driver window go down and not go up other windows working good any one have any idea about it pls?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 07:29 AM   #96
SquareWheels
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2023 M550i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogler View Post
While closing the top last night it completely stopped in mid function and it wouldn't go up or down. Just completely dead. Not sure if this had anything to do with it but it happened just as the passenger opened her door and my bluetooth phone started ringing. I drove it back to my garage and tried to find a fuse associated with the problem. Couldn't find the fuse diagram. Frustrated, I was going to sleep on it but then tried it one last time and it worked like nothing happened. Any ideas?
I opened my door once while lowering the top. It immediately stopped. I closed the door, pushed the top down button again, all was well.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 12:34 PM   #97
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogler View Post
Was there a message on the screen? Mine acts up occasionally. I’ve narrowed it down to when it has been open for several days. Solved it by putting it up every night. So far.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 06:32 PM   #98
kdad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i conv

When the top is down, I see some strings in the top mechanism and they are under high tension. Any idea what's the life for those before they fray or break off?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 09:46 PM   #99
New2bimmer2016
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i xdrive convertible

Garage List
I have a 2016 435i xdrive convertible, but it has the luxury package. Don't want to ruin the look, but want to add some sport. Thinking:
Cf rear spoiler
Cf side view mirrors
Gloss black grill
Wrap the chrome strip on back bumper

Anyone have pictures of a similar model/mods? Alpine white is her color
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #100
munozcv
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2bimmer2016 View Post
I have a 2016 435i xdrive convertible, but it has the luxury package. Don't want to ruin the look, but want to add some sport. Thinking:
Cf rear spoiler
Cf side view mirrors
Gloss black grill
Wrap the chrome strip on back bumper

Anyone have pictures of a similar model/mods? Alpine white is her color
I would leave it as is, completely stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 05:46 AM   #101
Raybeem
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 F33 440

I agree, looks good as is. My 2017 440 Msport
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 07:27 PM   #102
nicolecarson2012
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i and 435i

The pics of your convertibles on this thread are awesome. I currently drive a 2016 BMW 528. I've also had a 328 and an X6. I have my eyes on a 2015 435i convertible. It is fully loaded with 5 packages, M Sport, Driving Assistance, Cold Weather, Premium Package and Technology. The outside and inside are immaculate. 2 previous owners and miles drive are great. Thing is when I went to look at it the top would try to go down then go back to a closed position. The salesman indicated that the trunk compartment divider was not pushed all the way down. He indicated that he pushed it down and opened and closed the top multiple times successfully. However when I went back to test this it would attempt to open and then go back to a closed position. Again he pushed that trunk compartment divider down, and all as well. I am trying to determine if this is something that I will have to do continuously if I buy this car. I'm not sure if this is a clamp or spring issue, or what fix it would require but I informed the salesman that something has to be done for me to purchase. Has anyone had the issue or have any advice? Should I walk away?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 05:52 AM   #103
Raybeem
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 F33 440

I have owned a 2011 335 convert and now a 440 convert and never had the problem you describe
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2023, 05:48 AM   #104
nkhannk
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Beauty
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-09-2023, 03:31 PM   #105
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi, 02 325Cic, 93 850Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinopath View Post
to me the benefit of having a hard top is the huge trunk space when the top is up. The roof is stored in the trunk so unlike the soft top ones, once the top is up, lots of extra space is freed. The soft top convertibles use a separate compartment to stow the cloth roof, that space is wasted if the roof is not folded. And because the roof compartment has its own lid, to make room for the trunk lid, it has to be placed forward which means less leg room in the rear seat, an example is the 8 series. That's just my observation.
The E46 convertible (I have a 2002 325Ci) top trunk compartment can be folded upwards when the top is up, giving you a lot more trunk space when the top is up. Not sure about the new 4-series soft top.
'71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 05:14 PM   #106
JayPixelF33
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i

The new 4 series G-series has a separate compartment for the soft top which is fixed

The F33 has a nice trick which can raise the folded top and allow access to the trunk space below. This plus the folding back seats have allowed me to carry almost anything

And for good measure a recent picture of the car
Attached Images

Appreciate 1