F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 15' 335xi Real World MPG
proTUNING Freaks

10-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #23
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttomanTR16 View Post
To be honest with you, people who buy these types of performance/luxury really don't care about MPG.

Note: You should delete the photos above, as they contain your VIN # on bottom on the picture.

Enjoy every second with your F30!!
There's nothing they can do with you VIN. Your VIN is right there in the corner of your windshield and anyone who walks to your car can see it.

Yani sorun yok
Expect the unexpected.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #24
Rick_F92
Private
Rep
Drives: F92 M8 Comp

I don't understand how people who claim to drive hard on sport get 20+ mpgs average. When I'm zoned out driving slow I get like 17-18mpgs max and when I decide to be a dumbass I get 14-16.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #25
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_F30
I don't understand how people who claim to drive hard on sport get 20+ mpgs average. When I'm zoned out driving slow I get like 17-18mpgs max and when I decide to be a dumbass I get 14-16.
Maybe you have a heavy foot. Maybe you coast when you don't need too??
I usually get around 300 miles per tank in sport mode till I get the warning of low gas at 49miles togo. That's roughly 21 miles per gallon. That is base on my daily drive to work 25miles to and from. Half highway and half town.
Shit and giggles in comfort I get maybe 24-26mpg and Eco I get 28-29 mpg...
Here is something better than Eco mode, Eco mode with cruise control on highway and Eco self driving in the town I get 35 plus.
Track I get between 7-10mph

Eco with cruise highway only I got 45mpg... Maybe it was just constant flat roads...

Oh I'm in a 15 335i xdrive with burger tune stage 1.
      10-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #26
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_F30 View Post
Also depends on which tires you have too, when I dumped the rft potenzas for the continental dws, i actually managed to reduce my fuel consumption by 1L-1.5L
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #27
Rick_F92
Private
Rep
Drives: F92 M8 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
Also depends on which tires you have too, when I dumped the rft potenzas for the continental dws, i actually managed to reduce my fuel consumption by 1L-1.5L
That's interesting I didn't realize that. I'm still on the runflats I should be switching up soon I'll see if that makes a difference. Doubt it though considering I just installed my jb4 and DP and can't help but mash the pedal on any bit of open road I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnrice View Post
I usually get around 300 miles per tank in sport mode till I get the warning of low gas at 49miles togo. That's roughly 21 miles per gallon. That is base on my daily drive to work 25miles to and from. Half highway and half town.
Here is something better than Eco mode, Eco mode with cruise control on highway and Eco self driving in the town I get 35 plus.

Eco with cruise highway only I got 45mpg... Maybe it was just constant flat roads...

Yeah you're probably right but I can't be the only one who drives my car that hard. I'm usually on comfort mode and only switch to sport a couple times a day. I have never seen an average mpg of over 18 on my car, though, even when I was stock. It's possibly because I don't really use the prius mode (eco) and cruise control is only used during my ~10 mile drive home on an uphill freeway at the end of the night.

Last edited by Rick_F92; 10-09-2015 at 04:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #28
NWest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

I'm averaging 23mpg in Sport mode all the time on my awd 6MT.

My daily commute is 25mi each way, 70/30 Highway/Stop and go. I wouldn't say i'm overly light on the gas, but a good mix of near redline runs through the gears when I can.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #29
jinnrice
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
That's interesting I didn't realize that. I'm still on the runflats I should be switching up soon I'll see if that makes a difference. Doubt it though considering I just installed my jb4 and DP and can't help but mash the pedal on any bit of open road I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnrice View Post

Yeah you're probably right but I can't be the only one who drives my car that hard. I'm usually on comfort mode and only switch to sport a couple times a day. I have never seen an average mpg of over 18 on my car, though, even when I was stock. It's possibly because I don't really use the prius mode (eco) and cruise control is only used during my ~10 mile drive home on an uphill freeway at the end of the night.
Sounds to me it's really the terrain.
Plus if you get 300 mile per tank with our car I wouldn't be complaining. So go out and have fun plus gas is not that expensive right now