F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 6WB coding tread
Studio RSR

05-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #155
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
I can tell you that it was problem on mine.

Dealer updated istep and thought it was updated.

It wasn't. Only updated when 6WA was reinstalled.
I'm running into this issue now with my dealership. They are not able to do any update with the 6WB but I fear if I swap it out with the 6WA for them to update, I wont be able to put the 6WB back in? If they update software does the 6WB need to be re-coded?
In your case, yes.

To clarify, the 6WB is not being updated.

The car main system is.

It will wipe out the coding for the added 6WB as that is not supposed to be there.

You will need to add the coding to the car to run the 6WB once again.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #156
kkh27
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 xDrive 35i 2012

Modified F10 VO

Hi all,

Anyone can provide me with a copy of this modified F10 VO? I want to replace my 6WA with a 6WB. Thank you so so much.

Regards,

Koh
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #157
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Just wanted to share that for retrofitting a 6WB cluster in a NBT Evo car and making the VO changes and default coding, make sure to set "NBT_enable" to "Kevin"NBT" in the DKombi module and "Kombi_CIC" to "high" in the HUNBT module via FDL editing. This will restore the navigation features in the HUD/cluster and the chimes will function properly as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #158
excalibur-007
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI

I know it is litlle bit of topic but there is lot info about navi info in cluster and nbt navigation. I will retrofit nbt navi in my car soon will be precoded per vin what fdl codes do I need to change in 6wa cluster to make this work. Car has no navi now 6wa works for everything else.

I found something like this:

KOMBI L7_MID > Anzeige_Konfiguration 3000 > NAVI_NBT_ENABLE = kein_nbt [Default]
KOMBI L7_MID > Anzeige_Konfiguration 3000 > NAVICOLOR_TABLE = alte_farbtabelle [Default]
KOMBI L7_MID > ERM_Konfiguration 3004 > DISP_DCRN_ASST_APPL = nicht_aktiv [Default]
KOMBI L7_MID > FZG_Ausstattung 3003 > NAVI_VERBAUT = navi
KOMBI L7_MID > FZG_Ausstattung 3003 > VZA_ENABLE = nicht_aktiv [Default]
KOMBI L7_MID > PIA_Einheiten 3008 > KI_PIA_ANKUNFT = aktiv
KOMBI L7_MID > PIA_Einheiten 3008 > KI_PIA_DISTANZ = aktiv
KOMBI L7_MID > PIA_Einheiten 3008 > KI_PIA_NAVI = aktiv

Thanks for help
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #159
BMWFanaticRob
Rep
Drives: F33 435i

Help from anyone. I've spent countless hours trying to code in my new 6WB and I've finally had it. I've read post after post and tried everything that I've read and still, somehow, I'm the one person who can't get it to work.

I have a 2015 F33, istep shipment of F20-14-07-503 and I've updated the car to F20-17-07-500.

At the end of the day, I've had Bkombi, and Dkombi in SVT deleted one, injected CAFD, etc. etc. etc. Still, it never seems to sync to the car properly. The cluster was new, but I have a red dot. I think it's not from having the 'wrong' vin, but because the car won't write the vin to the cluster,hence it sees it as a difference. I've had issues with setting the time and since it was installed, I have the 'cant get service history'.

I'll gladly pay someone to use Teamviewer to otherwise VPN into my laptop and get this to work. I'm at my wits end.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #160
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanaticRob View Post
Help from anyone. I've spent countless hours trying to code in my new 6WB and I've finally had it. I've read post after post and tried everything that I've read and still, somehow, I'm the one person who can't get it to work.

I have a 2015 F33, istep shipment of F20-14-07-503 and I've updated the car to F20-17-07-500.

At the end of the day, I've had Bkombi, and Dkombi in SVT deleted one, injected CAFD, etc. etc. etc. Still, it never seems to sync to the car properly. The cluster was new, but I have a red dot. I think it's not from having the 'wrong' vin, but because the car won't write the vin to the cluster,hence it sees it as a difference. I've had issues with setting the time and since it was installed, I have the 'cant get service history'.

I'll gladly pay someone to use Teamviewer to otherwise VPN into my laptop and get this to work. I'm at my wits end.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help.
Can you describe more exactly what you did?
Did you change the VO from 6WA to 6WB?
Did you code the Headunit?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #161
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

Here's the details....

1. I had 6wA.
2. Original i-step shipment is F020-14-07-503
3. Flashed entire car so i-step current is F020-17-11-500
4. Changed VO and removed 6wA and added 6wB. The cluster was new, not used.
5. Coded entire car, including the HU-NBT, just to make sure any/all ecu's were updated
6. Left build date of 0714, however, I've tried to update it to 0717 and 1117.
7. When I changed VO and coded, the car found DKombi and had the latest CAFD file, but it had red tamper dot and I get a message about it not able to see the service intervals. Current Service intervals in HU show yellow triangles and I no longer have any mileage/dates. (however, if I put the old 6wA back in, all dates can be seen again)
8. I've tried to flash the DKombi, but not knowing it's i-step, is making it difficult as when I create the SVT_sol, I either get BKombi or HU-NBT2 in my SVT Tree, both being red. No matter what I do or how I create the SVT_sol or _ist to try and flash DKombi, I always get errors.
9. Essentially, I've tried various build dates, various i-steps and nothing works.

I honestly felt that after flashing the car to update the i-step and then doing the simple VO coding adding 6wB, just like everyone else has done, it would work. Basically, nothing that I do makes any changes to how the DKombi is 'seen' by the car. I'm at a total loss.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:51 PM   #162
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Hmmm damn, i think you did all right.
What does the SVT tree in E-Sys look like in the DKombi?
Do you see there any problems?
Do you have ISTA and can read the error memory?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #163
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

I'll have to pull the SVT info from E-Sys and will post what I'm seeing. If there's anything else that I can post or other info that I can provide, let me know.

I do have ISTA, however, where would I look for the error? Would that come up when I started the vehicle test? Would I be able to look at the Kombi ecu in the tree in order to see the issues?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:53 PM   #164
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

Here are some images from the SVT tree. Also, I've attached what happens to the 6wB display and hu with regard to the service intervals.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 03:54 AM   #165
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I'll have to pull the SVT info from E-Sys and will post what I'm seeing. If there's anything else that I can post or other info that I can provide, let me know.

I do have ISTA, however, where would I look for the error? Would that come up when I started the vehicle test? Would I be able to look at the Kombi ecu in the tree in order to see the issues?
That's really strange, because the SVT tree looks good tooand we also see the mileage which was read correctly.

If you do the vehilcle test with ISTA you should see an error immediately.

But still some dumb questions from me.
Did you write the VO into the car (with VCM -> Master -> FA FP write)?
If you were coding the DKombi and HU_NBT did you load the changed VO before or did you read the VO from the car?
Did you try to code the Kombi a second time?
Are you quite sure that the 6WB is new?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 07:53 AM   #166
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

I'll run ISTA and post results.

Yup, it read mileage, so I thought I'd be good. And I can get the time to show on the cluster. Also, I've coded HU_NBT -> Kombi CIC -> kombi high and that didn't do anything.

I've honestly spent hours reading posts and trying everything that I've seen, with absolutely no change at all. Basically, it seems as if the car is 'talking' to the cluster, but only partially, as if it knows there is a DKombi there, but wont 'talk' or share information, like the service intervals. I can't code the DKombi CAFD, like adding turn signals into the HUD. Every time I try to make changes to CAFD, it essentially ignores what I've done (I've done lots of other coding in this and other cars, so it's not a matter of not doing it properly)

In this situation, there are no dumb questions...

I did use VCM -> Master -> FA FP write and confirmed it was written on the bottom of the screen.
The VO was changed before I coded the DKombi and HU_NBT
I'll recode the DKombi by doing a Detect CAFD for SWFE and then code it.
I purchased the 6WB new from ECS Tuning and then when I was initially having issues, I emailed and asked them if it somehow was used and/or had been previously returned and they confirmed that this one was new from BMW. Maybe somehow the 6WB part number that I have isn't compatible with my F33??? It's 62108800373.

From what I've read, in some situations, people say to change build date, others say don't. So I'm not sure if it should or shouldn't be changed. What I need is someone with a F33, with NU_NBT (not EVO) who's been able to do the retrofit, send me screen shots of exactly what they have coded in the car, build date, SVT info, etc. so I can ensure I have the same exact info.

I've been at this for literally months, so that's why I'm simply willing to pay someone to help get this done.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 08:18 AM   #167
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I can't code the DKombi CAFD, like adding turn signals into the HUD.
Turn signals in HUD never worked for F3x cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 10:24 AM   #168
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

So, further details from ISTA....

It appears as if there is a CAN/Flex relay system error with some kind of invalid signal, such that my guess is the Kombi and FEM are not communicating properly with each other. The Kombi ecu is green with no issues. This may be why the service intervals aren't showing up? I'm thinking the FEM tells the Kombi and then the Kombi tells the HU. While that's good to see, I have no idea why that is the case. I don't think it's due to wiring, since the 6WA communicates properly. Could this possibly be due to incorrect CAFD and/or hardware/software versions between the two ecu's? Maybe? If so, now what do I do? No matter what I do, I can't figure a way to flash the new Kombi, nor do I know if I really should. the FEM has an updated istep. Do you think there are things I can try with the FEM? Inject different CAFD?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #169
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Did you try to delete the error memory?
And did you work off the ABL CAN/FlexRay System Analysis?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #170
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

I've tried to clear the codes however, the don't go away. The ISTA fault analysis test doesn't actually do anything. It simply says to trace lines and/or errors typically are not due to the ecu being bad. There's not much to trace in ISTA.

I may try to reinstall the 6WA cluster and see if I can get the faults to go away.

Do you know anyone who wants to buy a 6WB cluster?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 05:28 AM   #171
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I've tried to clear the codes however, the don't go away. The ISTA fault analysis test doesn't actually do anything. It simply says to trace lines and/or errors typically are not due to the ecu being bad. There's not much to trace in ISTA.

I may try to reinstall the 6WA cluster and see if I can get the faults to go away.

Do you know anyone who wants to buy a 6WB cluster?
I just read about an interesting coding value which may help you.
Please search for EXTERNER_MOST and EXTERNE_MOST_DIAG and look if they are set to active.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:04 AM   #172
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

Which ECU is that located in? HU_NBT, DKOMBI, or FEM? I'll verify the settings.

Also, after playing around a while yesterday, it seems as if the 6WB may be working with the exception of still having the red tamper dot, the fact that I can't see Navi directions, either in the HUD or on the Cluster (but I can on the HU) and for some reason, the dimming feature seems to be backwards, meaning that during the day, the HUD gets dimmer and during the evening, the HUD gets brighter.

Also, in the SVT tree for Dkombi, should there be both a HWEL and a HWAP, because I only have a HWEL.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #173
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Which ECU is that located in? HU_NBT, DKOMBI, or FEM? I'll verify the settings.

Also, after playing around a while yesterday, it seems as if the 6WB may be working with the exception of still having the red tamper dot, the fact that I can't see Navi directions, either in the HUD or on the Cluster (but I can on the HU) and for some reason, the dimming feature seems to be backwards, meaning that during the day, the HUD gets dimmer and during the evening, the HUD gets brighter.

Also, in the SVT tree for Dkombi, should there be both a HWEL and a HWAP, because I only have a HWEL.
This is located in HU_NBT.
And your SVT tree for the DKombi looks like mine (see picture above), without HWAP.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #174
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

It seems as if everything is correct, however, I still think I need to flash the DKombi to write the VIN or otherwise, have the car and Dkombi see each other. Do you know if I can use anything (ESYS or ISTA) to read the VIN in the DKombi? I keep trying to flash but I can't get it to work, no matter how I try. I've looked at the svt_ist and svt_sol and svt_tal, but whenever I try to flash DKombi, it takes 1 second, then says it was done, with no errors. Clearly it didn't actually flash Dkombi. Its as if it skipped the process. It seems as if the istep in the DKombi is 17-11-500, based on detecting the CAFD from SWFL.

Do you know what i-step I should put into the fields in the flash process.
Attached Images

Last edited by BMWFanaticRob; 05-28-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #175
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Do you know what i-step I should put into the fields in the flash process.
You can find this info under the VCM tab if you load the VO.
For flashing you need the exact i-step from the kombi.
The CAFD is based on your psdzdata i think.
If your psdzdata are from 2017 then the program will find only 17-11-500 and no newer.
But i don't know how to find out the i-step from the kombi and if the VIN is written.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #176
BMWFanaticRob
Rep

Ok. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate your suggestions. The psdzdata I have is from shawnsheridan and is from 2018, 18-11-520. When I try and inject CAFD into DKombi, it has options from 17-11-500 through 17-11-540. I read a post that said the SWFL drives the CAFD so the istep might be the most recent, which would be 17-11-540.

I'll try a few more things and see what happens. I think if I can figure out how to flash the Dkombi, I'll have it.
Appreciate 0