F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > £5.5k worth of damage 2 months old
proTUNING Freaks

07-16-2019, 04:03 AM   #23
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
It's a she also

With the member of staff employed via an agency but working for us it's tricky what we can do in terms of disciplinary action.

My gripe is if the car was vandalised why not call the fleet team and insurance straight away to report it? That's exactly what I done when I once had a company car many a moon ago.

The fact it's been handed back and their attitude is "not my car, not my problem" coupled with this is the second car in 7 months and over £500 worth of parking and bus lane fines in one month is a piss take.
In that case there is no issue - the person is the agency's employee and therefore their problem.

Dismiss the individual (summarily terminate any contract of service for that particular person, due to unacceptable conduct / damage to property) and send the repair bill to the agency. If they want to remain as a supplier, they'll settle the invoice without question. Whether they choose to continue to employ the person is their decision.

If this was an employee of your business it could become protracted, but it's actually a very simple issue to resolve. Also sends a clear message to the rest of the team/company.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 2
RustyBitz1573.50
Wills28687.50
      07-16-2019, 04:14 AM   #24
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

It has to be this guy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 04:40 AM   #25
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
It's a she also

With the member of staff employed via an agency but working for us it's tricky what we can do in terms of disciplinary action.

My gripe is if the car was vandalised why not call the fleet team and insurance straight away to report it? That's exactly what I done when I once had a company car many a moon ago.

The fact it's been handed back and their attitude is "not my car, not my problem" coupled with this is the second car in 7 months and over £500 worth of parking and bus lane fines in one month is a piss take.
Surely a company car is a privilege not a right?

And surely there's some kind of contract to look after the car, not smoke in it etc?

Having said that, you should see the state of some of our pandas after 2 months!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:14 AM   #26
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Quote:
It's a she also

Surely a company car is a privilege not a right?

And surely there's some kind of contract to look after the car, not smoke in it etc?

Having said that, you should see the state of some of our pandas after 2 months!
That's correct, it's a privilege especially since they came from basic fiestas to a 1 series shadow edition.

It's a nightmare as the agency we used for the team switched a few weeks ago (hence why I found out). The previous agency didn't have much of a policy on the company car other than ANY damage will be charged to the employee.

We're going to look at ways to recoup the money from the employee and removing them from our account.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:25 AM   #27
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

I am with Watsey as its an employee of an agency, not a difficult one to resolve. Remove employee from your service and charge agency for damage under the policy of employee pays for damage...

intrigued how you come to provide a car for a non employee and how that works with the tax man..... clearly a BIK to the individual if they take it home and use it personally but as its not provided by their employer how does it get picked up on a P11D?
Appreciate 1
RustyBitz1573.50
      07-16-2019, 05:30 AM   #28
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I am with Watsey as its an employee of an agency, not a difficult one to resolve. Remove employee from your service and charge agency for damage under the policy of employee pays for damage...

intrigued how you come to provide a car for a non employee and how that works with the tax man..... clearly a BIK to the individual if they take it home and use it personally but as its not provided by their employer how does it get picked up on a P11D?
That's what I'm proposing on the call today, they aren't performing also.

The car is provided by the agency within a budget agreed by us and paid via a PO. It's been flagged to me as the agency has moved to a new one. Normally I wouldn't be dealing with it but as the employee has moved over to the new agency they are unable to deduct money so we have to set up a process with the new agency.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:36 AM   #29
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Bizarre situation, they wouldn't be allowed back on site if it was me.

One phone call to the agency "she's not coming back, thanks"

What kind of business has to employ people like that?
      07-16-2019, 06:32 AM   #30
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Bizarre situation, they wouldn't be allowed back on site if it was me.

One phone call to the agency "she's not coming back, thanks"
This^
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #31
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:

The car is provided by the agency within a budget agreed by us and paid via a PO. It's been flagged to me as the agency has moved to a new one. Normally I wouldn't be dealing with it but as the employee has moved over to the new agency they are unable to deduct money so we have to set up a process with the new agency.
If the car's provided by the agency - and driven by a person provided by them - isn't the damage and cost of rectifying it down to the agency to resolve? You've reimbursed them an agreed budgeted cost to provide the car but if costs over and above that have been incurred as a result of the negligence of a worker placed by them how is that your company's problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #32
ciscopete822
Major
Rep
Drives: RS6 , 840i and others :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
If the car's provided by the agency - and driven by a person provided by them - isn't the damage and cost of rectifying it down to the agency to resolve? You've reimbursed them an agreed budgeted cost to provide the car but if costs over and above that have been incurred as a result of the negligence of a worker placed by them how is that your company's problem?
I have though the same tbh , unless user is super hot - then blowjob will do and we can forget that 1 series and give her something else.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #33
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

I take great pride in my car. Yes, it's on a PCP so to some I'm only renting it but I treat it like it's brand new every single day because I fork out a shed load of cash on it every month and I like to keep it looking like new.

My wife with her company car on the other hand is very much in the "I don't care, it's only a company car" camp and it drives me nuts.

I only have one company car on my books, the rest take the car allowance thank God.

As regards to fines for bus lanes etc, I deduct the employee this.
      07-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #34
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post

This gets easier by the minute.

It's the agency's employee and leased vehicle. Jog the individual on, and refuse any repair bills from the agency.

There isn't actually a problem to solve here.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0