F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Glacier Silver Metallic 435i
ARMA SPEED

08-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
etz
Rep
Drives: 435i

Glacier Silver Metallic 435i

I recently bought an 2013 end 435i with 69K KM on the clock.
It has the 8-speed ZF gearbox and rear wheel drive with a petrol engine, which, as you can imagine, is quite uncommon these days in Europe. Most of the R6 engines in Europe are diesel, because of fuel prices.

Right now, the wheels are quite beat up. I am currently looking for replacement OEM Style 397, and I am running 225 EfficientGrip Performance XL all around.
Recently, I realized that I should be running a staggered setup with 255 in the rear, since I am also running bootmod3 staging 1 OTS setup, but I already got new 225s for both front and rear, so I am going to stick with them for the time being. Winter is coming, so winter tyres will be coming also soon.
The body has a few rust spots, so it is quite possible that when spring comes and the salt will be gone, I will get the car resprayed.
Im quite happy that I found one with such low mileage, only things I miss are the parking sensors and a proper iDrive unit. Any ideas if it is possible to retrofit the bigger screen? I have the most basic one unfortunately.
One previous owner, who specced it to be a driving machine, not a technological marvel. It does have the M steering wheel (a must imo), sport memory seats with leather and the upgraded stereo (not HK though).

Only thing that I dont like, is that the ZF 8 speed makes a really annoying whine sound in reverse. This is extremely prominent in my car, but I reached out to ZF with my serial numbers etc, to see if there are some issues with my batch or not. All services are done properly and that I have also continued to do so. I also got the gearbox service done. I might also get the plugs changed and rear diff oil. Any recommendations about the box?

Appreciate 0