F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > Complete Partout
GetBMWParts

03-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #23
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Please email me back - the mirror covers you sold me have broken tabs and I need to return them for a full refund. Disappointing since I specifically asked about that prior to purchase.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #24
4GET_AMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i X-Drive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Please email me back - the mirror covers you sold me have broken tabs and I need to return them for a full refund. Disappointing since I specifically asked about that prior to purchase.

There was nothing broken with the mirror caps and your saying they are scratched. They pictures say otherwise. If you want a refund ship it back to me and I will issue a full refund.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 07:10 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GET_AMG View Post
There was nothing broken with the mirror caps and your saying they are scratched. They pictures say otherwise. If you want a refund ship it back to me and I will issue a full refund.
Either you're dishonest or blind. The photos you provided were not of the backs. Each cap has a broken tab. I will upload photos momentarily.

Other buyers beware - this is a dishonest or at the very least inaccurate seller. I should not have to pay shipping when I receive garbage product.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #26
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Here. Each mirror cap has a broken tab. What do those photos say? I'm not looking to argue I just want a refund. I should not be out a dime over this I'm sure others will agree. Pre-purchase I specifically asked if all tabs were intact. They're not. It's just a simple fact.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 02:20 AM   #27
4GET_AMG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i X-Drive M-Sport

Quote:
Either you're dishonest or blind. The photos you provided were not of the backs. Each cap has a broken tab. I will upload photos momentarily.

Other buyers beware - this is a dishonest or at the very least inaccurate seller. I should not have to pay shipping when I receive garbage product.
Stop trash talking people just because you probably tried to install it and fucked it up beware from selling to you maybe.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Stop trash talking people just because you probably tried to install it and fucked it up beware from selling to you maybe.
I opened the box, saw the broken tabs, put the parts down and sent you a very nice email that you didn't respond to. Then I switched to a public forum to generate some leverage against you since you were not responsive and haven't been for a week when I asked for tracking number.

I will be HAPPY to post a note saying things were taken care of once you provide a full refund including shipping. Bottom line based on your current behavior I feel you're dishonest.

I will ship them back at my expense and expect a full refund. You can do what you want and refund me the $140 I gave you or do the right thing and refund me that plus return shipping. It's up to you - don't be a jerk. I'll send them back on Monday. I'd rather be cheated out of $10 for returned shipping than $140 and keep fighting with you. This is not worth my time, life is too short to deal with people like you.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 07:08 AM   #29
Rokoz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f80 M3

Bought the CF shifter from 4Get, it was in great shape and he shipped it priority since he was late to get it out due to the snow storm.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #30
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Not taking either side on this as I don’t know what happened, but all sellers should again understand why it is important to post multiple photos of front and rear, even showing labels with serial numbers etc. to prevent future disagreements.

That is, unless seller has a reason for not doing so.

Quote:
Here. Each mirror cap has a broken tab. What do those photos say? I'm not looking to argue I just want a refund. I should not be out a dime over this I'm sure others will agree. Pre-purchase I specifically asked if all tabs were intact. They're not. It's just a simple fact.
On the flip side, $140 for OEM CF Mirror caps that go for $600+ MSRP and others are selling for high $300s+ also raises suspicion to me, especially without photos. Words are cheap. Pics a must.

Another seller is offering them for $150 PLUS your current BSM Caps for a lease turn in.

Sure, crazy prices happen. But that should also set of alarms to get even more documentation.

Again, no idea what happened here, but there are shady people online, both sellers AND buyers.

And Bimmerpost TOS appears to prevents posting in Classifieds threads even if a member spots something suspicious (crapthreading)

So you really need to be safe and protect yourself when buying online.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 03-25-2018 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #31
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:
Not taking either side on this as I don't know what happened, but all sellers should again understand why it is important to post multiple photos of front and rear, even showing labels with serial numbers etc. to prevent future disagreements.

That is, unless seller has a reason for not doing so.

Quote:
On the flip side, $140 for OEM CF Mirror caps that go for $600+ MSRP and others are selling for high $300s+ also raises suspicion to me, especially without photos. Words are cheap. Pics a must.

Another seller is offering them for $150 PLUS your current BSM Caps for a lease turn in.

Sure, crazy prices happen. But they should also set of alarms to get even more documentation.

Again, no idea what happened here, but there are shady people online, both sellers AND buyers.

And Bimmerpost TOS appaerently prevents posting in Classifieds threads even if a member spots something suspicious.

So you really need to be safe and protect yourself when buying online.
They're not OEM they're aftermarket. Which was discussed with seller. The price makes sense in that new they're $225 I believe. Again just to be clear they are not Bmw OEM they are Autotecknic.

Look I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know they were broken. I just want all my money back - that's it.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      03-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #32
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
They're not OEM they're aftermarket. Which was discussed with seller. The price makes sense in that new they're $225 I believe. Again just to be clear they are not Bmw OEM they are Autotecknic.

Look I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know they were broken. I just want all my money back - that's it.
That makes sense.

Thanks.

He didn’t protect himself by choosing not to post multiple pics, which is not that uncommon for those doing part out Classifieds. And this is a prime example where not doing so bites you in the ass.

Again, not passing judgement on either. As you say, he may not have known.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #33
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

That makes sense.

Thanks.

He didn’t protect himself by choosing not to post multiple pics, which is not that uncommon for those doing part out Classifieds. And this is a prime example where not doing so bites you in the ass.

Again, not passing judgement on either. As you say, he may not have known.
Look I sold a guy the trim out of one of my cars. There was a scratch I didn't notice or perhaps happened in shipping. Who knows. I bought him a replacement. Everything was cool - he got what he was expecting although it took a few extra days for the replacement.

Broken clips - annoying. Especially since I asked specifically if they were all intact since I was trying to avoid the exact mess. But shit happens. Just up to OP if he's going to stand up and do the right thing - or not. That's on him.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #34
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

OP - caps are packed and will go out tomorrow. I wrapped them in microfiber cloths for added protection as well. There were three broken tabs in total. Please process refund immediately upon receipt, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #35
sirvanny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 435I

Just buy some new ones online. Don't be cheap. Then you can expect perfect condition items. If you did not see pictures then what can you expect? You should of had that in mind.
      03-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #36
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Mirrors have been delivered to you. They are in the exact same condition that I received them, in fact they are packed better than when they arrived. I did not try to install them or do anything besides open them, realize they were broken, and pack them back up.

Please process refund as soon as you are able, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #37
Johnbalz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP, DCT

Interested in the JB4. Maybe a dumb question but I just got my BMW and although I am not new to the car scene I am new to BMW's. From looking at the BMS site, it looks like the JB4 you have pictured is the "E Series N55", the F-series appears to be a much longer box. What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #38
Luis335ii
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

150$ for intake
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 02:56 PM   #39
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Guys I would really hold off on buying from this guy. He hasn't responded to emails or PMs, has had his mirror caps back for 24 hours now and I have not been refunded anything. Best case scenario seller is careless, worst case dishonest. At this point I consider him to be a thief.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #40
Johnbalz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Guys I would really hold off on buying from this guy. He hasn't responded to emails or PMs, has had his mirror caps back for 24 hours now and I have not been refunded anything. Best case scenario seller is careless, worst case dishonest. At this point I consider him to be a thief.
Did you pay via Paypal? If so then file a claim with Paypal, they will ask you to ship the items back and you can show tracking. If the seller does not refund then Paypal will, I mention this a an owner of a large e-commerce company with tremendous experience with Paypal, they will decide in the buyers favor just about 99% of the time even if you smashed them with a hammer. Just my .02 but a public forum is not the place to air your grievances, there are plenty of options via Paypal. They also do require giving both sides several days to respond, some people are not nearly as active online as others and what may seem like a tremendous wait to one may be completely normal to another.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #41
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbalz View Post
Did you pay via Paypal? If so then file a claim with Paypal, they will ask you to ship the items back and you can show tracking. If the seller does not refund then Paypal will, I mention this a an owner of a large e-commerce company with tremendous experience with Paypal, they will decide in the buyers favor just about 99% of the time even if you smashed them with a hammer. Just my .02 but a public forum is not the place to air your grievances, there are plenty of options via Paypal. They also do require giving both sides several days to respond, some people are not nearly as active online as others and what may seem like a tremendous wait to one may be completely normal to another.
Ordinarily I would agree with you completely. I, foolishly it turned out, sent the $140 as a gift not a payment for goods to save seller PP fees. I have done that before on forums and have never had an issue, we typically have a very nice community here. So what you suggest which would be GREAT is not available to me. Lesson learned, will not do that ever again.

I did attempt to contact seller privately both via PM and email, and got no response. Unfortunately he only responded when I brought the issue here. My only recourse at this point is to attempt to prevent others from falling victim to a dishonest seller and having their money stolen.

So less than ideal for sure but my only option here is to prevent him from selling other items in order to pressure him to return my money. Shit happens, he may not have knowingly sold me damaged products. BUT he can absolutely do the right thing and refund my money, at which point I will be happy to tell everyone he's a decent guy and don't be afraid to buy from him.

I am really not looking for anything special beyond fair and honest treatment.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #42
Johnbalz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Ordinarily I would agree with you completely. I, foolishly it turned out, sent the $140 as a gift not a payment for goods to save seller PP fees. I have done that before on forums and have never had an issue, we typically have a very nice community here. So what you suggest which would be GREAT is not available to me. Lesson learned, will not do that ever again.

I did attempt to contact seller privately both via PM and email, and got no response. Unfortunately he only responded when I brought the issue here. My only recourse at this point is to attempt to prevent others from falling victim to a dishonest seller and having their money stolen.

So less than ideal for sure but my only option here is to prevent him from selling other items in order to pressure him to return my money. Shit happens, he may not have knowingly sold me damaged products. BUT he can absolutely do the right thing and refund my money, at which point I will be happy to tell everyone he's a decent guy and don't be afraid to buy from him.

I am really not looking for anything special beyond fair and honest treatment.
Crap, you are indeed out of luck having sent as a gift payment. Again hopefully the OP is just lagging on getting around to reading your e-mail and/or processing. I am not positive if you can with a standard Paypal account, but with our business account you can at least file a "grievance" so to speak with Paypal on a gift payment and they will at least apply some pressure to the recipient to refund. Hopefully you guys can get this squared away, we had over 6K in fraudulent credit card orders last month (stolen card numbers) that exploited a weakness in our merchant processing. Very hard lesson learned for us....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:59 PM   #43
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbalz View Post
Crap, you are indeed out of luck having sent as a gift payment. Again hopefully the OP is just lagging on getting around to reading your e-mail and/or processing. I am not positive if you can with a standard Paypal account, but with our business account you can at least file a "grievance" so to speak with Paypal on a gift payment and they will at least apply some pressure to the recipient to refund. Hopefully you guys can get this squared away, we had over 6K in fraudulent credit card orders last month (stolen card numbers) that exploited a weakness in our merchant processing. Very hard lesson learned for us....
Yeah - sucks for sure and things happen. Lacking any communication coming from seller I am left to assume the worst. At the very least my $140 loss ($153 with return shipping) may have prevented someone else from getting burned by seller on a higher priced item - who knows.

Not helping me much but maybe someone else will benefit.
Appreciate 3
Jadar1752.50
      03-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #44
Alfonso235i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

I was looking to purchase something (from him) and I'm glad I didn't. In my opinion the worst was his response to you, not the broken tabs. He doesn't seem like an honest person.... mistakes can happen, and it's how you handle the situation that can show a persons true colors. I'm sorry this happened to you man, but thanks for making others aware.
Let's hope this guy does the right thing!
Appreciate 1
BEM-S44515.50