F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > *** bootmod3 *** New Dashboard features
Studio RSR

01-23-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

*** bootmod3 *** New Dashboard features

Hey guys, wanted to demo the new bootmod3 dashboard and gauge features to you that over time we have collected and now incorporated.

Here are the new features included with the latest 0.10.047 update:

- peak recall for min and max values
- re-arrangement of gauge using simple drag and drop
- close gauges by tapping on them and hitting the x in the top right corner
- orientation detection and handling so gauges render appropriately on mobile devices as device changes orientation from portrait to landscape and back
- ability to set alarms - min and max threshold values, if breached for a given channel with place a red border around that channel for a period of 5 secs currently. We can expand on this further if needed. Suggestions welcome as always
- configure precision(decimals) if defaults aren’t satisfactory for any reason (we have defaults set up for what we feel is pretty decent, e.g. engine speed won’t show with decimal places 🙂
- show a pointer on the gauge or turn it off
- change colours for pointer, gauge sweep and dial
- configure custom min and max values for each gauge
- configure gauge refresh speed. Default is realtime (fastest updating no delay) but you can now also slow down updates to each gauge as needed to 1, 5 or 10 Hz (1, 5 or 10 updates per second)
- set each gauge to imperial or metric units and in case of pressure channels to absolute or relative, overriding the global defaults if you like. Say boost you like in psi but temp you prefer Celsius for some reason, now you can
- speed, gauges in realtime even faster responding
- small mobile device screen support (i.e. iPhone 5)
- using a fixed width font for gauge values

There is more coming and as always we’re looking to you guys for suggestions so we can build this out even further where needed. Let us know your thoughts💪💪

Web version and the new OBD Agent are released. Android and iOS apps are in app review and should hopefully be available soon for download/update.

NOTE: Excuse the low res on the video. It was an upload to Facebook which decided to shrink the resolution of it for some reason

Appreciate 2
      01-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Good stuff in the update! This might be a reach, but here's a suggestion.

To expand on the alarm function, would it be possible to have an alarm set to trigger data logging? Beyond that, would it be possible to have buffered logging so that when an alarm triggers, data logging could be seen for 5, 10, 30, etc... seconds prior to the alarm? Similar to a parked car buffered dash cam that gets hit.
Appreciate 1
harkes1074.50
      01-23-2019, 09:17 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post

To expand on the alarm function, would it be possible to have an alarm set to trigger data logging? Beyond that, would it be possible to have buffered logging so that when an alarm triggers, data logging could be seen for 5, 10, 30, etc... seconds prior to the alarm? Similar to a parked car buffered dash cam that gets hit.
I think that'd be pretty cool as well. Will look into it
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 04:54 AM   #5
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post

You know, PTF does so much, and is constantly updating and making changes for the better, that it's difficult to even ask them for more... They seem to be naturally progressing with our engines and transmissions so well... I appreciate that they keep updating, adding features, increasing power, traction, smoothness, etc... Even when an update is buggy, they have a fix within days. That being said, your idea is great! It would be killer to have an auto datalogger! Great suggestion!
I would personally like to see an update for out transmission shiftspeed and or smoothness, based on our mode: The car is in Sport / Sport+, the shifting would be a bit quicker, the obvious side-effect would be a more abrupt and and sharp. Comfort mode would be smoother than factory, with the obvious side-effect of slower shifting. I believe that something is in the works for that, but maybe someone can confirm...
Either way, keep it up guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 05:06 AM   #6
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hey guys, wanted to demo the new bootmod3 dashboard and gauge features to you that over time we have collected and now incorporated.

Here are the new features included with the latest 0.10.047 update:

- peak recall for min and max values
- re-arrangement of gauge using simple drag and drop
- close gauges by tapping on them and hitting the x in the top right corner
- orientation detection and handling so gauges render appropriately on mobile devices as device changes orientation from portrait to landscape and back
- ability to set alarms - min and max threshold values, if breached for a given channel with place a red border around that channel for a period of 5 secs currently. We can expand on this further if needed. Suggestions welcome as always
- configure precision(decimals) if defaults aren’t satisfactory for any reason (we have defaults set up for what we feel is pretty decent, e.g. engine speed won’t show with decimal places 🙂
- show a pointer on the gauge or turn it off
- change colours for pointer, gauge sweep and dial
- configure custom min and max values for each gauge
- configure gauge refresh speed. Default is realtime (fastest updating no delay) but you can now also slow down updates to each gauge as needed to 1, 5 or 10 Hz (1, 5 or 10 updates per second)
- set each gauge to imperial or metric units and in case of pressure channels to absolute or relative, overriding the global defaults if you like. Say boost you like in psi but temp you prefer Celsius for some reason, now you can
- speed, gauges in realtime even faster responding
- small mobile device screen support (i.e. iPhone 5)
- using a fixed width font for gauge values

There is more coming and as always we’re looking to you guys for suggestions so we can build this out even further where needed. Let us know your thoughts💪💪

Web version and the new OBD Agent are released. Android and iOS apps are in app review and should hopefully be available soon for download/update.

NOTE: Excuse the low res on the video. It was an upload to Facebook which decided to shrink the resolution of it for some reason

Question: I updated my OBD Agent tonight and I also did a reflash when I saw there was an update for the 6.2 (I have yet to download the 6.3 because I've been happy with the 91 octane stage 2 AGG tune 6.2 for my F30 N55 EWG). I was running the new dashboard, but please explain the boost gauge. When I'm driving, but completely off throttle (even when I'm on the freeway) the boost guage shows in the 900's. I'm not used to reading parameters like this, on full boost the guage was showing just shy of 2000 (mid-high 1900's). Does that mean I'm running close to 20lbs of boost??? That would be great, but I just want some clarification. I'm complete Stage 2 FBO now, and I remember before having an intake and an exhaust (this was prior to your 6.2 release), I want to say my car was running 14-15psi max! Am I reading the new boost dashboard wrong, or does that sound accurate?
Boost (pre-throttle) below the digital number is throwing me off...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRYVER View Post
Question: I updated my OBD Agent tonight and I also did a reflash when I saw there was an update for the 6.2 (I have yet to download the 6.3 because I've been happy with the 91 octane stage 2 AGG tune 6.2 for my F30 N55 EWG). I was running the new dashboard, but please explain the boost gauge. When I'm driving, but completely off throttle (even when I'm on the freeway) the boost guage shows in the 900's. I'm not used to reading parameters like this, on full boost the guage was showing just shy of 2000 (mid-high 1900's). Does that mean I'm running close to 20lbs of boost??? That would be great, but I just want some clarification. I'm complete Stage 2 FBO now, and I remember before having an intake and an exhaust (this was prior to your 6.2 release), I want to say my car was running 14-15psi max! Am I reading the new boost dashboard wrong, or does that sound accurate?
Boost (pre-throttle) below the digital number is throwing me off...
You're simply logging in metric units that's all, so your boost of 2000 is 2000 hPa not psi, which after you take away ambient (lets say sea level) is right around 14.5-15psi. You can change the units from metric to imperial and back in the dash config screen and as of this update you can also override the units for each individual gauge
Appreciate 1
jv004400.00
      01-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #8
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRYVER View Post
You know, PTF does so much, and is constantly updating and making changes for the better, that it's difficult to even ask them for more... They seem to be naturally progressing with our engines and transmissions so well... I appreciate that they keep updating, adding features, increasing power, traction, smoothness, etc... Even when an update is buggy, they have a fix within days. That being said, your idea is great! It would be killer to have an auto datalogger! Great suggestion!
I would personally like to see an update for out transmission shiftspeed and or smoothness, based on our mode: The car is in Sport / Sport+, the shifting would be a bit quicker, the obvious side-effect would be a more abrupt and and sharp. Comfort mode would be smoother than factory, with the obvious side-effect of slower shifting. I believe that something is in the works for that, but maybe someone can confirm...
Either way, keep it up guys!
Thank you!We're constantly looking to improve and add new features and all feedback is always welcome. If anything has an issue especially something that's recurring we'd really love to know about it and as long as its reproducible it'll be fixed/made better.

Transmission programming is in a separate ECU from the DME. We might be revisiting that again as time allows. We've spent some time on it in the past but its gone on the back burner due to other priorities that people were pushing for updates/changes on.

No matter what/how much we release, everything can always be better and improved upon and that's our only goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshIsk View Post
Sick!!
Appreciate 1
dr.roro195.50
      01-28-2019, 04:25 PM   #9
jv004
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
You're simply logging in metric units that's all, so your boost of 2000 is 2000 hPa not psi, which after you take away ambient (lets say sea level) is right around 14.5-15psi. You can change the units from metric to imperial and back in the dash config screen and as of this update you can also override the units for each individual gauge
I also was kinda confused on that. Thank you for the clarification
Also On stock turbo FBO is 14.5-15psi ok? Looks like I'm doing about the same on my end with California quality gas.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 09:10 AM   #10
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

14.5-15 psi is perefect. I'm hitting just over 17 psi on stock turbo running the e30 map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv004 View Post
I also was kinda confused on that. Thank you for the clarification
Also On stock turbo FBO is 14.5-15psi ok? Looks like I'm doing about the same on my end with California quality gas.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 09:13 AM   #11
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

This is my latest log (1-16). Three third gear pulls from 2.5K RPM with NY 93 shite gas:

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5c35f323c090c64ad8851918
      01-31-2019, 12:33 AM   #12
TEST DRYVER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification and support, guys! I'll update to imperial... Makes perfect sense, as I shouldn't be running close to 20psi.
Appreciate 0