F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-20-2018, 03:26 AM   #67
spudvti
Enlisted Member
Ukraine
2
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: f30 USDM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: UA-DP

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
Version 1.5.0 is out! Optimized script by removing RSA-key deletion and other unnecessary steps. Added compatibility with Launcher 2.5.3. No more endless loops for token creation and entering pin.


-----------
Tony Twoclicks
well then.. thanks for older launcher support.
but
still looping on token creation
once again
e-sys 3.27.1
Psdzdata_v3.59.5_lite
launcher premium 2.5.3
win7 x64 us/en
1.50 rearm

thinking about reinstalling windows
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:23 AM   #68
Ian-F80M3-UK
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 2014 Black
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK - South West - Devon

iTrader: (0)

Hi Tony, The date for the . dir is 01/01/2010 03:00.

When I do dir c:\programdata /tw /a it's the same date and time.

For the RearmLauncher.cfg file:
Created: 01 Jan 2010, 02:00:00
Modified: 19 Jul 2017 (date I tried to change to in a previous test, but note: this time, and the previous time I reported above, I kept today's date unchanged)
Accessed: 01 Jan 2010, 02:00:00

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:56 AM   #69
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-F80M3-UK View Post
Hi Tony, The date for the . dir is 01/01/2010 03:00.

When I do dir c:\programdata /tw /a it's the same date and time.

For the RearmLauncher.cfg file:
Created: 01 Jan 2010, 02:00:00
Modified: 19 Jul 2017 (date I tried to change to in a previous test, but note: this time, and the previous time I reported above, I kept today's date unchanged)
Accessed: 01 Jan 2010, 02:00:00

Hope this helps!

The modified date of RearmLauncher.cfg is the problem. Why is that modified? Delete the file and extract it from the package again. It should be dated 01 Jan 2010. Despite the error, I think my script did work and the Launcher probably works.

Cheers, Tony

Last edited by Tony Twoclicks; 01-20-2018 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: typos
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 05:03 AM   #70
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
First off, thanks for the script!!

I'm having an issue with the EST token. I've tried deleting the freetoken.est and recreating it but keep getting the "an error occured while processing the EST file" when trying to read FDL code.

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm running the 2.6.2 with psdzdata 63.
Not sure about this one. Could be a compatibility issue between psdzdata 63, your Launcher version (does it support V63? Does it support your E-sys version?) and your E-sys version (does it support V63?).

You might also want to try keeping your system date reverted while coding. Could be that E-sys has a problem if the system clock is past the expiry date of the EST token file.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #71
Ian-F80M3-UK
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 2014 Black
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK - South West - Devon

iTrader: (0)

progress..

Hi, some progress I think (although I still always get the Windows System folder warning in my previous screenshot).

Using E-Sys Version 3.31.0 (build 50446), tried setting date to 19/07/17, got this when E-Sys Launcher tried launching E-Sys:

"
WARNING!!! There are 30 file(s) with suspect status. These files will not be loaded and will cause instability. It's highly suggested that you abort launching E-Sys and reinstall. Continue?
"
then the error in the attached screenshot.

So I tried setting the date to 22/09/17. Got further, Windows asked if Java could access local networks. Then this E-Sys Launcher Error:
Unsuppoerted Version - E-Sys Version 3.31.0.

I'll try and find a previous version of E-Sys and go again.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Ian-F80M3-UK; 01-20-2018 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: forgot attachment
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #72
Ian-F80M3-UK
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 2014 Black
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK - South West - Devon

iTrader: (0)

It works! I installed E-Sys 3.28.1, using date 19/09/17, on Win 10 64-bit. Thanks Tony, much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #73
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-F80M3-UK View Post
It works! I installed E-Sys 3.28.1, using date 19/09/17, on Win 10 64-bit. Thanks Tony, much appreciated!

Yeah, as E-sys Launcher Premium is no longer developed by Tokenmaster, the latest E-sys versions are not supported. Please read Tokenmaster's blog for more info about what works and what not. My script can't change that.

If you need support for higher E-sys versions, please buy E-sys Launcher Pro from Tokenmaster.

The reason you still get the error about locked system folders is due to the Last Modified Date of RearmLauncher.cfg. My script compares this to the dates of c:\ProgramData afterwards to see whether it was succesfull. In your case there is a mismatch, resulting in the error.
I'm curious, what program do you use to extract the package and what's the Modified date of RearmLauncher.cfg right after extraction on your system?

Last edited by Tony Twoclicks; 01-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #74
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudvti View Post
well then.. thanks for older launcher support.
but
still looping on token creation
once again
e-sys 3.27.1
Psdzdata_v3.59.5_lite
launcher premium 2.5.3
win7 x64 us/en
1.50 rearm

thinking about reinstalling windows
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #75
Bl33p
BMW Lover
Bl33p's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

I keep getting an error running the 1.5.0 file. “The syntax of the command is incorrect.”

The dates show as 1/10/2010 but the launcher still says there is date manipulation.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #76
C-Poppy
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 650i xDrive Gran Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Followed directions to the T!!! Worked perfectly!!! Thanks Tony Twoclicks for the blessing!

One thing that I'll mention for anyone that is having issues. I have to keep my date reverted while running E-Sys. Otherwise it won't work and continue to search for the key. Solution...Just revert your time back anytime you need to use E-Sys...

Hope this helps...

Last edited by C-Poppy; 01-20-2018 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add...
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #77
Ian-F80M3-UK
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 2014 Black
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK - South West - Devon

iTrader: (0)

For your package I use the native Windows 10 'Extract' option that pops up for zips in the File Explorer. I used the same for E-Sys Launcher, and had to use WinRAR for the e-sys 3.28.1.

I just re-extracted your rearmer 1.5 into a temp folder and the timestamp is now 18:43, 20/01/18 (i reset the clock to get back on the net, chrome doesn't like it otherwise). Let me know if you need anything else
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #78
Celestion
First Lieutenant
150
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: '15 M235i (8AT) & '16 M3 (6MT)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl33p View Post
I keep getting an error running the 1.5.0 file. “The syntax of the command is incorrect.”

The dates show as 1/10/2010 but the launcher still says there is date manipulation.
I also get this error...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The script does not work, despite executing it with admin privileges and disabling Windows Defender.

Last edited by Celestion; 01-20-2018 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #79
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Poppy View Post
Followed directions to the T!!! Worked perfectly!!! Thanks Tony Twoclicks for the blessing!

One thing that I'll mention for anyone that is having issues. I have to keep my date reverted while running E-Sys. Otherwise it won't work and continue to search for the key. Solution...Just revert your time back anytime you need to use E-Sys...

Hope this helps...
Thanks for the feedback. I think this is E-sys checking the validity-date of the token file which is created by the Launcher and ends on 30-12-2017. So it would make sense to turn the clock back to fool E-sys into thinking it's still valid.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #80
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl33p View Post
I keep getting an error running the 1.5.0 file. “The syntax of the command is incorrect.”

The dates show as 1/10/2010 but the launcher still says there is date manipulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
I also get this error...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

The script does not work, despite executing it with admin privileges and disabling Windows Defender.
A screenshot or pasted text of the entire script's output would be nice to see what's going on. It looks like one of the steps fails. Also, what systems are you on?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #81
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-F80M3-UK View Post
For your package I use the native Windows 10 'Extract' option that pops up for zips in the File Explorer. I used the same for E-Sys Launcher, and had to use WinRAR for the e-sys 3.28.1.

I just re-extracted your rearmer 1.5 into a temp folder and the timestamp is now 18:43, 20/01/18 (i reset the clock to get back on the net, chrome doesn't like it otherwise). Let me know if you need anything else

OK, so it seems like the native Windows extractor doesn't retain the original Modified Dates of the files it extracts. That's typical...
You can use WinRAR to extract and you should be fine. Too bad this forum won't allow to attach the .RAR format to a post, that would solve the problem immediately. Don't worry, I'll use another method of doing the self-check in the next version

Last edited by Tony Twoclicks; 01-20-2018 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #82
Celestion
First Lieutenant
150
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: '15 M235i (8AT) & '16 M3 (6MT)
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
OK, so it seems like the native Windows extractor doesn't retain the original Modified Dates of the files it extracts. That's typical...
You can use WinRAR to extract and you should be fine. To bad this forum won't allow to attach the .RAR format to a post, that would solve the problem immediately. Don't worry, I'll use another method of doing the self-check in the next version
I modified your batch file and I was able to get the script to work.... almost.


Now I can launch e-sys, but I am unable to FDL code and instead I am given a FreeToken.est error.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #83
ooshnoo
Major
ooshnoo's Avatar
United_States
517
Rep
1,054
Posts

Drives: 2014 428i
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Buford, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 GMC Acadia  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [5.00]
Hey Fellas

Thank you Tony for doing this hack. However I noticed Tokenmaster is now advertising Launcher Pro 3.0.

Is there a reason why we can't use that? Or what is the reason for continuing to use Premium? I haven't coded my car in a while, but I found some other mods I'd like to do, so am curious as to best course of action prior to starting again.

-A
__________________

___________________
2014 F32 428i 8AT M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #84
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
Hey Fellas

Thank you Tony for doing this hack. However I noticed Tokenmaster is now advertising Launcher Pro 3.0.

Is there a reason why we can't use that? Or what is the reason for continuing to use Premium? I haven't coded my car in a while, but I found some other mods I'd like to do, so am curious as to best course of action prior to starting again.

-A
Tokenmaster stopped development and support for the free Premium version. The Pro version is still actively developed and supports the newer E-sys and pdszdata files. It requires an activation code and you'll have to donate 50 bucks to a charity to get it directly from Tokenmaster.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #85
ooshnoo
Major
ooshnoo's Avatar
United_States
517
Rep
1,054
Posts

Drives: 2014 428i
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Buford, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 GMC Acadia  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post

Tokenmaster stopped development and support for the free Premium version. The Pro version is still actively developed and supports the newer E-sys and pdszdata files. It requires an activation code and you'll have to donate 50 bucks to a charity to get it directly from Tokenmaster.
Ah. Gotcha. Guess I'll use your batch file!
__________________

___________________
2014 F32 428i 8AT M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #86
jkwhar
Lieutenant
105
Rep
484
Posts

Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Central NJ

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
Not sure about this one. Could be a compatibility issue between psdzdata 63, your Launcher version (does it support V63? Does it support your E-sys version?) and your E-sys version (does it support V63?).

You might also want to try keeping your system date reverted while coding. Could be that E-sys has a problem if the system clock is past the expiry date of the EST token file.
It is possible that my psdzdata might be too new for the esys version (esys 3.28.1).

I tried looking online to see which esys works with psdzdata 63 as I need one of the caf files for the 6wb dkombi.

Do you know if I can use psdzdata 60 and just pull the 1 CAFD I need from 63?
__________________
Did my post help? Click "Appreciate!"

F30 328i xDrive | 475 BSM | 2A5 18" | Cold Weather | Nav Pro | Tech Pkg | Injen Intake | CW DP | VRSF IC | MR Dual Exhaust | BM3 | BC coilovers | Swift springs | Integral Audio | Retrofit: 522 & 524 EDM | 5AC | VLD | 2TB SAT | 508 | 3AG | 5DL | 6WB | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:15 PM   #87
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
100
Rep
260
Posts

Drives: 2012 F30 320i
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
It is possible that my psdzdata might be too new for the esys version (esys 3.28.1).

Do you know if I can use psdzdata 60 and just pull the 1 CAFD I need from 63?
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't recommend mixing different pdszdata versions. That's a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me....!
Do a search on Google and read Tokenmaster's blog to see what combinations of E-sys, launcher and psdzdata work for other people. I think your Launcher is too old if I had to make a guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #88
sevenn
Private First Class
sevenn's Avatar
Hungary
53
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 2016 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Hungary

iTrader: (0)

I recently install E-sys 3.28.1 (PSdZData 63.3) with Launcher Premium 2.7.1 and your Rearm 1.5.0. Everything works perfect!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
clock, date, esys, launcher, premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST