F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > People who coded 6NH to 6NK Bluetooth Audio
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #441
deepghosh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
209
Posts

Drives: '13 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
No. Not possible with CIC.
Ah that's what I thought, oh well. Is the displaying text messages/emails feature for NBT only as well?
__________________
2013 F30 335i
BM3, MPE, VRSF DP, VRSF Street HD FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe, AFE drop-in filter, Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 06:19 PM   #442
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3781
Rep
20,450
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepghosh View Post
Ah that's what I thought, oh well. Is the displaying text messages/emails feature for NBT only as well?
No, that is Office function, and CIC is capable.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #443
superczar
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: X1 s20d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pune, India

iTrader: (0)

Read through the thread (phew) but am probably more confused than I was at the start.
Mine is a new F34 (India) with 609 (Nav professional) 6NR (Apps) and 6NH


I was hoping to enable email but the BT options do now show any method to enable Office (which I believe is a part of 6NS)

Yet I am able to do BT streaming, playlist scrolling with album art etc perfectly (which presumably should not have been there given 6NH)

Any idea what I am missing or what I need to do in order to enable office functionality?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 07:49 AM   #444
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3781
Rep
20,450
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by superczar View Post
Read through the thread (phew) but am probably more confused than I was at the start.
Mine is a new F34 (India) with 609 (Nav professional) 6NR (Apps) and 6NH


I was hoping to enable email but the BT options do now show any method to enable Office (which I believe is a part of 6NS)

Yet I am able to do BT streaming, playlist scrolling with album art etc perfectly (which presumably should not have been there given 6NH)

Any idea what I am missing or what I need to do in order to enable office functionality?
Convert 6NH to 6NS:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...65&postcount=9
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
DaZuc185.50

      04-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #445
superczar
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: X1 s20d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pune, India

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Thanks - That post of yours in fact is the first result on google if you search for 6NH to 6NS conversion
The only reason I am confused is that 6NH from what I understand should not have BT streaming/BT playlist browing/album art etc to begin with - which for some reason I do
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 08:13 AM   #446
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3781
Rep
20,450
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by superczar View Post
Thanks - That post of yours in fact is the first result on google if you search for 6NH to 6NS conversion
The only reason I am confused is that 6NH from what I understand should not have BT streaming/BT playlist browing/album art etc to begin with - which for some reason I do
That is not true. BTS without EBT was added to newer 6NH builds.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #447
superczar
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: X1 s20d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pune, India

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
That is not true. BTS without EBT was added to newer 6NH builds.
Ah, so if I understand this right, all I need to do is
Step 1. Change FA from 6NH to 6NS:

Step 2 i.e. VO Code Head Unit and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present should not be needed as this is just the FA that needs an update...
Thanks in advance, Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #448
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3781
Rep
20,450
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by superczar View Post
Ah, so if I understand this right, all I need to do is
Step 1. Change FA from 6NH to 6NS:

Step 2 i.e. VO Code Head Unit and standalone Combox (CMB_MEDIA) if present should not be needed as this is just the FA that needs an update...
Thanks in advance, Much appreciated!
Yes, that is what was written.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST