F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > [90% complete] [USB AND STEREO BT WORKING!] DIY HU_NBT Retrofit
proTUNING Freaks

09-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #1519
HaugF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrofitF21 View Post
Finally did my HU_Entry to NBT upgarde. Most things are working

Not working:
6NS wouldn't code needed to use 6NL which was on Donor VIN
Touch on the Touch controller doesn't work, everything else on the module does though
Info display on the basic Kombi e.g. caller id or radio channel when you spin the little wheel (this was working before upgrade) even though CIC Kombi set to Kombi low and Kombi MMI set to aktiv

Also the 'Arrival time' on Nav shows the journey time rather that the ETA. How do I change this? e.g. say clock is at 15:00, arrival time shows 00:29 rather than 15:29

Any ideas on the above?

Did you find out about this? my scrolling wheel is not workin either, i have a Bimmeretrofit emu adapter.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #1520
whatnot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320iAX Sport

I am trying to retrofit from HU_ENTRY to HU_NBT with navi next week.
The car is 05/2015 and it has Bluetooth audio and handsfree with combox.

I have bought:
- HU_NBT
- X5 screen (I know this needs some physical modifying)
- New cable for the screen
- Wiring harness with NBT emulator and splitter for iDrive touch ECU
- iDrive Touch -controller
- iDrive Touch ECU -emulator
- GPS antenna with FAKRA connector

Am I missing something?
Do I need the iDrive Touch -splitter cable for 05/2015 car? Shouldn't my iDrive cabling be connected to KCAN2 already?

What issues should I consider running into since I have the combox in the back and USB-connector in armrest. Just reroute that USB-connection from COMBOX to the head unit?

Will my service history and TPMS work?

What about bluetooth mic? Will that work without any wiring modifications?

Sorry about all the questions. I am still considering cancelling all the parts since I have so many questions

Last edited by whatnot; 10-07-2018 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #1521
HaugF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaugF30 View Post
Did you find out about this? my scrolling wheel is not workin either, i have a Bimmeretrofit emu adapter.
Bimmerretrofit gave me an FW update for the Emu adapter, now it is working
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #1522
AnteroHare
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive F31

My notes of 99% successful PnP NBT retrofit for future reference to anyone. First of all, huge thanks to this informative thread! It's doable.

The car is 03/2014 F31 with HU_ENTRY + Combox, base audio system with handsfree, active Teleservices and SOS call system, no navi nor enhanced Bluetooth for audio streaming.

I acquired the following:
- HU_NBT coded for my car (to match the VIN) with professional navigation, voice control, video in motion activated - basically plug'n'play
- 8.8" screen
- Video cable for the screen
- iDrive controller (w/o ECU emulator for touch-sensitive functionality)
- New GPS antenna with FAKRA connector
- New Bluetooth antenna with FAKRA connector
- New HSD USB cable (from NBT to USB socket in armrest)
- New Handsfree microphone cable
- New MOST loop connector

I replaced the screen and the HU (with new display cable), connected to the NBT new GPS + BT antennas which I left somewhere inside the dashboard, original FM antennas, and routed the new USB cable from the HU to armrest USB socket (PnP) under the centre console. I replaced the iDrive controller which was PnP (apparently KCAN2 in the car). I disconnected the OEM mic wire from the quadlock connector and connected the new mic wire (pins 22 and 17), and routed it to the driver's side overhead microphone via A pillar trim.

I disconnected the Combox multipin connector and MOST, terminated the MOST with a loop. I left all other cables on the Combox untouched in case I decide/need to restore the system. Power on and everything in iDrive worked like a charm; navi, BT audiostream with album art, armrest USB, video in motion, new iDrive controller, voice control, handsfree phone, TPMS etc., except I got the "SOS call system failure" in the cluster every time I started the car. And the service history was updated to iDrive only after I took the car to be serviced according to CBS.

I eventually got irritated by the SOS call failure and decided to reconnect the Combox + MOST just out of curiosity. Surprisingly everything seemed to work fine, and the SOS failure obviously disappeared, but I noticed that the armrest USB didn't work anymore; it didn't recognise my iPhone or flash drive. I disconnected the Combox + MOST (let the car fall asleep for 10-15 mins) and the USB started to work again and recognised my iPhone and flash drive. Apparently the Combox and the NBT conflict with regards to USB connection somehow and require coding, even though I can't understand why since the USB socket is connected directly to NBT. Go figure...

I don't know - and I really don't care - if the Teleservices or SOS call actually work after the retrofit. Apparently the mic at least needs to be rewired to Combox (OEM wires) for SOS call but I'm not bothered at the moment. And the AUX in armrest doesn't work anymore bacause it's through the Combox.

But as stated, there was no need for coding whatsoever, everything was done prior to shipping the NBT+controller+display to me. When I find someone local capable doing the coding, maybe the USB conflict can be sorted out too. Until then I have to live either with SOS call failure message or non-functioning USB port... Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 04:50 PM   #1523
Creeky B
Rep
Drives: 525 F10 2014

Hello All.
I have an F10 2014 LCI. And am searching for an answer. I have looked in the F10 forum, but stumbled on this thread. And think I found the answer on Page 60, but would like confirmation if you don't mind:
I have purchased a 10" screen from eBay. I just wanted a screen, but the screen unexpectedly came with a Pro Nav head unit! So now I have tried to fit it, but the screen it came with was blank when switching on (the screen works ok with the business nav headunit).

I had to remove the location tabs on the connectors as the socket on the headunit is inverted (see picture for differences between head units).

But when switching on the screen is blank. So does this mean an coding issue? Or a cable issue. I read on here that I need a purple to pink CID cable. But then I read that the cable can be turned and still work. Or is it a voltage issue? I had discounted this as the headunit came with the screen, so I assume they came from the same donor car. But that could be wrong.

I have attached photos of part numbers as well to see if you can help with this.

I appreciate your help and time. Great thread. Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #1524
Creeky B
Rep
Drives: 525 F10 2014

Found solution. On page 12.
I first started reading the thread in reverse as I thought I would see more up to date info. Silly really now reading in correct order.
Great thread lots of information.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 05:46 AM   #1525
twistywizard
Registered
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i

After a little help.

I have retrofitted the NBT Evo unit into my M135i (Yes I know, not a 3 Series!)

Most things are working.

However I need to connect in the Microphones. I have the PIN out for the NBT unit. Are the Pin outs for where the microphone wires on the NBT Evo the same?

If not does anyone have a pin out for the pins on the NBT Evo unit.
Appreciate 0