F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F31 - iDrive NO SIGNAL but sound works fine
Extreme Powerhouse

03-27-2024, 09:53 AM   #1
keizer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d Touring M

F31 - iDrive NO SIGNAL but sound works fine

Hi all, sorry maybe for the duplication of topic but after i took a long search on all forum i haven't found any response to my issue.
I have a 2015 F31 Touring with a MMI for Carplay.
Before i installed the MMI, i started to have the iDrive screen turn off and on right away, but it happened 1 or 2 times only.

Maybe a year ago i started to have the NO SIGNAL issue quiet often and sometimes it takes a few minutes to turn on and then works fine for several hours or other days the screen is turning on and off in a very long loop.

Does anyone found the issue for this or the solution?
The weird thing is that every time it happens i still have sound ( radio or AUX multimedia Spotify ).
There are days that i need to restart the MMI box several times to see if it stops or if the screen turns on.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:44 PM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

remove mmi and try without the box for a wk or two and if no issues, re-install and if problem comes back, it’s the mmi.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 04:22 PM   #3
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

The "No Signal" means you have power going to your MMI and/or the screen but not video signal. Check all the connections: quadlock behind HU, LVDS plugs.

One of the LVDS cables may have a break that is intermittent. Aliepxerss has them cheapest, and EBay for double theirs. Or if still under warranty ask the seller.