F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Koch Chemie
proTUNING Freaks

05-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31

Post Koch Chemie

So took a flyer on Koch Chemie GSF soap recently as I'm in between gallons at the moment and I would say I'm happy to report its not bad smells great to me. Smells like tootsie lollipops or honey dew melon. It's thinner than Adams for sure but still has a nice foam, works well in a two bucket wash method no complaints. Only thing I would say only at 24 -25 dollars a liter seems steep but if you find the 5L somewhere then the cost spread out is not so bad, Is all of this enough for me to bail on Adams soap not sure yet I will have to see with a few more washes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 04:02 AM   #2
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

KC have great products. Never tried this one... I am sticking to Chemical Guys for the time being for shampoos.

A bit sceptical however about the "gentle" part.... It is PH-neutral, which is good if you want to make sure your wax or other coating remains unaffected, but is it efficient on a dirty car...
      05-11-2021, 07:24 PM   #3
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
KC have great products. Never tried this one... I am sticking to Chemical Guys for the time being for shampoos.

A bit sceptical however about the "gentle" part.... It is PH-neutral, which is good if you want to make sure your wax or other coating remains unaffected, but is it efficient on a dirty car...
I would say so my car is coated in CSL and exo v4 topped I waited about a month before I washed it seem to lift dirt efficiently from what i can tell. We are pushing into pollen season here so I will see how it does on the second wash.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #4
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So I figured I would bump this thread with an update. after about a month of waiting on pollen season to settle I was able to get another wash in. I took some before and after shots of the high traffic areas of grime before I did a touch-less foam cannon wash and I feel it does a good job. I still did a 2 bucket touch wash as well just to get the surface as clean as possible. But for me I am sold probably gonna pull the trigger on a 5L once I run out of the trial size. before and after and final for everybody
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 10:46 PM   #5
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

I assume you rinsed with a high pressure washer?

Do you have any wax or sealant underneath?

If YES + YES, I would expect nothing less from any foam, given the rather limited dirt you had there. But of course it is difficult to judge based just on a photo. KC have great stuff.
      06-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #6
ECTO1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
I assume you rinsed with a high pressure washer?

Do you have any wax or sealant underneath?

If YES + YES, I would expect nothing less from any foam, given the rather limited dirt you had there. But of course it is difficult to judge based just on a photo. KC have great stuff.
Correct rinsed with pressure washer after most of the foam had time to dissipate then hand washed I did top it with bead maker after the first wash which I did again after this wash as well. But that's more to try and extend the life of the CSL +EXOV4 ceramic.
Appreciate 0