F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New member here looking for 2019 440ix tune suggestions for the B58
ARMA SPEED

11-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #23
Bullitt1841
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F36 B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
I was super impressed until I realized you had a turbo upgrade and ther mods (still impressed), I thought this was just with a piggyback
Still no magic to try and keep up with 700 HP. More boost, more timing, more octane, etc etc. The JB4 is the most versatile and most capable out there. I can go from 300 to 500 whp and back within seconds. And nothing can log better, period. I'd put a JB4 on my lawnmower if I could. But that's just me.
Appreciate 1
eluded3005.00
      11-17-2018, 01:38 AM   #24
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841 View Post
I'd put a JB4 on my lawnmower....
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #25
ashok66
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841 View Post
I'd put a JB4 on my lawnmower....
Ok just wanted to give closure on this. Lol. I ended up getting a JB4 on my lease. It was just a matter of comfort and such after extensive research and just not wanting to mess with the ECU. Even though I'm sure it's fine cause I had a flawless APR flash on a previous Audi A5

Anyway I've had the JB4 for a couple of weeks and I'm very happy with it so far. No problems and the car is pulling and going faster and I like the app. I also like the extensive support on the N54 tech boards. Trying to get some clean logs for some advice and such over there soon to use Map 1 or Map 3.

Thanks everyone for your advice and input!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #26
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Since your car is still under factory warranty, there are a few considerations.

If there are any problems which require a service visit and deeper diagnostics, the dealer can detect a flash tune and make a note in the service history.

The more serious outcome: the dealer and BMW NA can politely and firmly decline to honor the warranty if for example the engine develops a knocking sound. For example, some N55 and B58 engines experienced connecting rod bearing wear issues. What would the dealer and BMW NA response if a flash tune had been detected? it's fairly easy to anticipate it.

The less serious outcome: the dealer will charge for flashing the car to factory specifications before performing any diagnostics. As with any piggyback or flash tune during the factory warranty period, evaluating pros and cons is a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #27
ashok66
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Since your car is still under factory warranty, there are a few considerations.

If there are any problems which require a service visit and deeper diagnostics, the dealer can detect a flash tune and make a note in the service history.

The more serious outcome: the dealer and BMW NA can politely and firmly decline to honor the warranty if for example the engine develops a knocking sound. For example, some N55 and B58 engines experienced connecting rod bearing wear issues. What would the dealer and BMW NA response if a flash tune had been detected? it's fairly easy to anticipate it.

The less serious outcome: the dealer will charge for flashing the car to factory specifications before performing any diagnostics. As with any piggyback or flash tune during the factory warranty period, evaluating pros and cons is a good idea.
Duly noted. The dealer I use is mod friendly. I had a previous 428 lease with an AFE scorcher and they never said anything. They also performed some minor under warranty work and it was fine

Hell the Audi I had before had an APR flash and I got a new turbo and 4K of warranty work done no questions asked.

However I am aware that they have that right to refuse. Thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 12:06 AM   #28
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

No worries. Glad to help. Lately, some BMW dealers began to pay closer attention to modifications, especially engine tunes.
Appreciate 0