F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > For Sale: 335d Superman!
GetBMWParts

03-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #23
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

Nice one, really reassuring to see that you got your price as well, I'm a bit more optimistic about putting mine up privately now. It has an extra 27,000 miles, I was thinking sub 16k based on recent feedback but this makes me think 17k isn't unrealistic!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #24
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 40d MSport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_T_Boss View Post
Nice one, really reassuring to see that you got your price as well, I'm a bit more optimistic about putting mine up privately now. It has an extra 27,000 miles, I was thinking sub 16k based on recent feedback but this makes me think 17k isn't unrealistic!
Thanks.

I'm not sure what yours is worth, I can only say that I researched mine on AT and the closest comparable spec wise was £2k more expensive but it had half the miles.

It also helps that I owe bang on £20k for the car and I'm not a greedy bastard trying to make money and offset the deposit on my new car...probably the only time in my life that I've not looked to make money!!!
      03-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #25
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_T_Boss View Post
Whats the spec on yours, is it also an f30 335d m sport? I am on the hunt soon

Last edited by ahmedb; 03-12-2018 at 02:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 02:25 AM   #26
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by R19YSM View Post
Worst negotiation tactic ever. Unless you're travelling a long way to see the car, I don't see why any seller would negotiate with someone who hasn't even bothered to view the car.

So what you want me to drive down and than haggle on what we already know is a excellent car! What do I say "erh tyre is low", so I`ll offer you peanuts?

Personally keep your negotiation skills to yourself, your comments were very much not appreciated.
      03-14-2018, 06:15 AM   #27
R19YSM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi9mm View Post
So what you want me to drive down and than haggle on what we already know is a excellent car! What do I say "erh tyre is low", so I`ll offer you peanuts?

Personally keep your negotiation skills to yourself, your comments were very much not appreciated.
Where did I say you should offer peanuts? This is coming from someone who seems to comment on any for sale post with 'would you consider... generic low ball offer'. Not even bothering to view the car and attempting to haggle aggressively on an open forum is just plain disrespectful imho.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 10:49 AM   #28
Wayfarer
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Quote:
Where did I say you should offer peanuts? This is coming from someone who seems to comment on any for sale post with 'would you consider... generic low ball offer'. Not even bothering to view the car and attempting to haggle aggressively on an open forum is just plain disrespectful imho.
In my view any offers below the asking price should be done via PM especially prior to viewing as at least you can get a feel if the price is negotiable and it does not spoil the sellers thread. As I said just my view, but as a newcomer to this forum the number of threads spoiled to the detriment of the OP appears to fairly common which is a pity

Last edited by Wayfarer; 03-14-2018 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #29
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:

Fair point - this guy does seem to offer on everything from 16k to 21k. Very odd but clearly no real intention to go through with a deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #30
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bbo View Post
Fair point - this guy does seem to offer on everything from 16k to 21k. Very odd but clearly no real intention to go through with a deal.
I guess being realistic is in your case being stupid! So one can get a stupid offer from wbac but if I make my offer I have no intention.

Clearly if I`m making a offer I can afford to go through with, not just firing out figures beyond my means.

Personal attack on my views and ways, yeah you might be super rich to offer the asking price at the dealers.

No one has accepted my offer to date for you to say no real intention to go through with it.

I am not going to dig though your threads to nit pick on your life.

Thanks for in essence bullying me, with me only trying to live within my means.
      03-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #31
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So I make an open offer that is aggressive, your attitude towards me is aggressive, more to the point bully me from not making a offer which I can afford.

Yeah I understand I`m not super rich and looking for a bargain, but that's my choice, never have I forced anyone with a gun to accept my offer.

Your point about viewing a car is crazy, why would I waste the seller`s time if I can`t pay the asking price. Surely its better to be on the correct price level.

Once I have agreed a price than I`m just going to buy it, not haggle or ask to see the spec sheet. I know what I want spec wise etc, unless the car is a total lemon, than a deal is a deal.

I guess you have to look at it, point your high nose at it, drink a coffee and say I`ll have it, as money is no objection for your privileged self.

All you and the other chap did was bully me for making 3-4 offers in a space of over 1.5 years. I have a f30 320, so I know what exactly I`m looking for at what price.

Wish you can sleep happy, thanks for upsetting me with your comments.

Carry on with your bully ways and insults.
      03-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #32
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow, this escalated quickly!

I wouldn't take comments to heart on a forum Uzi, however looking at your previous posts, you do offer about £2k less than any asking price whenever someone posts a car so you can't blame people noticing.

I didn't take offence at your bid, better to waste my time on here than in real life, without a doubt.
      03-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #33
335dMSport+
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan930 View Post
What you getting to replace superman mate
A black on black X5 40d - thought I'd go for the stealth look this time. Pick it up on Saturday.
      03-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #34
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dMSport+ View Post

I wouldn't take comments to heart on a forum Uzi, however looking at your previous posts, you do offer about £2k less than any asking price whenever someone posts a car so you can't blame people noticing.

I didn't take offence at your bid, better to waste my time on here than in real life, without a doubt.
This is the forum that keeps on giving
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:15 PM   #35
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dMSport+ View Post

I would clearly say sorry if I offended you or anyone else with my offers.

My offer to you was £500 short in the end. But it was like that due to my calculations and how much I could raise, as I do not have the benefit of part-exchanging here. So would have to pay you and than sell my car at a latter date.

With my risks of not being able to sell my car at the asking price I factor in my serious offer. Also I factor in my offer is without viewing, so I can`t haggle once I view the car, unless its totally different, in which case I would walk away.

Clearly there are bargains to be had, just missed out on a 340i m sport 65 plate fully loaded for £21,995. sunroof, adaptive suspension, pro nav, heads up and the list continues.
      03-14-2018, 05:16 PM   #36
andyzdeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Auto

It is fair to point out it’s rude to offer so low without assessing the car to reasonably justify why you think it’s worth less.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #37
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzdeman View Post
It is fair to point out it’s rude to offer so low without assessing the car to reasonably justify why you think it’s worth less.
When we buy any car offer you a stupid low price that isn`t rude? Wake up

It`s offense to pick on someone`s ways, when you clearly have a different take on the situation.

I have explained my thought process and I came £500 short but that was all I could raise that day in question. So I guess it would have been better to offer full and than drive down and haggle over stone chip and kerbed alloy etc.
      03-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #38
andyzdeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Auto

No perhaps it would have been better to have seen the car and decided what you felt it was worth and then offered what you can afford.

I am awake thanks. I offered my opinion on the matter and wasn’t offensive to anyone.

WBAC is a website which generates quotes for a company based on model and specs and nothing else.

You’re an individual interacting with real people in a forum. For some one so easily offended you’d think you’d understand the difference personal/human involvement makes in the process/etiquette of selling a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #39
R19YSM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D Sport

Quote:
So I make an open offer that is aggressive, your attitude towards me is aggressive, more to the point bully me from not making a offer which I can afford.

Yeah I understand I`m not super rich and looking for a bargain, but that's my choice, never have I forced anyone with a gun to accept my offer.

Your point about viewing a car is crazy, why would I waste the seller`s time if I can`t pay the asking price. Surely its better to be on the correct price level.

Once I have agreed a price than I`m just going to buy it, not haggle or ask to see the spec sheet. I know what I want spec wise etc, unless the car is a total lemon, than a deal is a deal.

I guess you have to look at it, point your high nose at it, drink a coffee and say I`ll have it, as money is no objection for your privileged self.

All you and the other chap did was bully me for making 3-4 offers in a space of over 1.5 years. I have a f30 320, so I know what exactly I`m looking for at what price.

Wish you can sleep happy, thanks for upsetting me with your comments.

Carry on with your bully ways and insults.
I haven't said anything unfair. I have not bullied you for making an offer you couldn't afford or any of the other weird things you are accusing me of. I was simply calling you out for poor etiquette.

Although not really the point, I fail to see how you were only £500 short of the asking price, unless you made an offer privately.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #40
Healy
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

Surely it is plain courtesy and good manners to make any offer by PM so as to not ruin the OPs thread.

I then notice Uzi9mm is from Birmingham so I am not sure we can expect any better

He seems a bit Snowflakey too
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #41
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Although not really the point, I fail to see how you were only £500 short of the asking price, unless you made an offer privately.
Quote:
Would you consider 18.5k? Sorry for being tight. But I`m limited with my budget. Also its not meant to offence you but merely my offer of what I can afford.
The price I first saw here was £19k hence the reason for getting closer. I guess either the post has been edited since than or i read it wrong.
      03-14-2018, 06:06 PM   #42
uzi9mm
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
Surely it is plain courtesy and good manners to make any offer by PM so as to not ruin the OPs thread.

I then notice Uzi9mm is from Birmingham so I am not sure we can expect any better

He seems a bit Snowflakey too
What`s Birmingham got to do with a cup of tea?

So it would ruin OPs day by me making my offer, just like someone would if they rang you from a classified ad. More to the point it anything makes the thread active.

Likewise I will appoligise again to the OP`s if I offended him in anyway.

But I guess your comments about being snowflakey are justifiable.
      03-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #43
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bbo View Post
I guess being realistic is in your case being stupid! So one can get a stupid offer from wbac but if I make my offer I have no intention.

Clearly if I`m making a offer I can afford to go through with, not just firing out figures beyond my means.

Personal attack on my views and ways, yeah you might be super rich to offer the asking price at the dealers.

No one has accepted my offer to date for you to say no real intention to go through with it.

I am not going to dig though your threads to nit pick on your life.

Thanks for in essence bullying me, with me only trying to live within my means.
If you think an observation is bullying then you really wouldn't want to live with my wife. But do feel free to make an offer for her, low-ball offer encouraged in this instance
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2018, 04:51 AM   #44
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

All this could have been avoided by the simple use of Private Messages
Appreciate 2
UKF302522.50
t5pilot974.50