F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BM3 Performance: Static Map vs MultiMap?
ARMA SPEED

02-25-2024, 03:28 AM   #23
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
If it does reset adaptations you will probably want to "drive" for a minute or two on the dyno doing through the gears at part throttle then maybe do one WOT pull before you do the 'real' WOT pull. You can log both but if the first one is an outlier consider it an adaptation period. Of course if time allows and its feasible you would want more than one pull for each test anyways to confirm repeatability
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Yes, I agree. This static map vs MultiMap is really a side issue anyway. The study is really about stock N55 EWG turbo vs Pure500 with different fuels and tunes. I’m not doing to typical dyno for the highest horsepower number. I’m trying to demonstrate where the stock N55 EWG maxes out reliably, and then what the Pure500 adds to that. Several companies like the concept and have been offering help. I’m getting the fueling nailed down so the car doesn’t hit a fueling wall before the Pure500 capacity. Fun stuff!
You mention maxing out and reliably in the same sentence. Don't think that is how it usually works 😉
      02-26-2024, 12:38 PM   #24
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
You mention maxing out and reliably in the same sentence. Don't think that is how it usually works ��
Depends what you mean by 'max out'. Like is driving a car at WOT "maxing it out" and can you do so reliably? Is running your CPU on your PC at 100% maxing it out and can you do so reliably? Part of me wants to say you should be able to use things at 100% (i.e., 'max out') reliably if they are well designed; i.e., they would include a factor of safety so they they can run at 100% without truly being at their limit. But it's a somewhat subjective interpretation of maxing out. Some engineering and philosophical food for thought
Appreciate 0