F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > My Experience with Park Ave BMW
GetBMWParts

08-07-2018, 11:47 AM   #23
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
I hate to tell you but you're never going to get rid of the cigarette smell. It's deep down in the interior of the car. It's in the fabric, the foam, the vents, the headliner. Everything. It's very hard to get rid of, I doubt that a dealership "detailer" can do it. They're like 18 year old kids with bottles of spray wax. You should make them have it professionally detailed at a place that specializes in it
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #24
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

I would see about giving the car back, for a refund, minus your deposit or something. If you talk to the right person long enough they should concede.

You'll never get rid of the smell, you're effed.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #25
rayxi
researcher
Rep
Drives: '15 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
I hate to tell you but you're never going to get rid of the cigarette smell. It's deep down in the interior of the car. It's in the fabric, the foam, the vents, the headliner. Everything. It's very hard to get rid of, I doubt that a dealership "detailer" can do it. They're like 18 year old kids with bottles of spray wax. You should make them have it professionally detailed at a place that specializes in it
Yeah, I know. I didn't have a lot of hope with them. I did want to give them they benefit of the doubt and let them try to resolve the issue.

At this point, I've submitted a negative review on DealerRater.com and the sales manager calls me up. I'm trying to get them to pay for a third party to detail the interior and compensate me for wasting hours of my time.
      08-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #26
rayxi
researcher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
I would see about giving the car back, for a refund, minus your deposit or something. If you talk to the right person long enough they should concede.

You'll never get rid of the smell, you're effed.
Ugh...
      08-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #27
razzy530
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
Rayxi.....I would highly recommend calling back the dealership and speaking with a GM. Telll him what you want and if they don’t give it to you, tell him you’re just going to post your experience on social media. I would hit yelp, Facebook, their website, tell bmw NA even. Even if it doesn’t get you what you want at least you’ll warn others about their dogshit customer service and your terrible experience.

I once was going to a dealer in the BX to test drive a car, was in touch with the salesperson there and they assured me the car would be there. I call 15 minutes ahead of arrival to make sure the car is ready only for the salesperson to tell me they’d sold the car “last night”. I flipped out as it’s over an hour drive for Long Island. Told them I wanted reimbursement for my time and money to cross bridges. Sales rep told me that can’t happen. I told the sales rep the above. GM called me the next day and asked me for my info and cut a check for $100 bucks that I asked for.
wow. you are some piece of work.

BMWCCA MEMBER 397411
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #28
Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy530 View Post
Hey man. Usually I'd let some shit like that slide and get on with my day. But for whatever reason that really f***ing bothered me. My time is valuable and I don't waste others time so I expect the same in return. I took time out of my day (I own 2 businesses) to go to the Bronx from long Island over an hour away for them to try and bait and switch me? That's unacceptable

Plus, who knows how many people they do that to everyday so it's about time someone gave them shit about it
      08-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #29
razzy530
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport RWD

Quote:
Hey man. Usually I'd let some shit like that slide and get on with my day. But for whatever reason that really f***ing bothered me. My time is valuable and I don't waste others time so I expect the same in return. I took time out of my day (I own 2 businesses) to go to the Bronx from long Island over an hour away for them to try and bait and switch me? That's unacceptable

Plus, who knows how many people they do that to everyday so it's about time someone gave them shit about it
i get it.

BMWCCA MEMBER 397411
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #30
ProperBimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: 15 X5, 14 335

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy530 View Post

Agree 100%. Alpha male shit right there. Unite against the beta fuckboy bullshit!!!
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #31
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

I bought mine from tenafly Bmw and had a great experience. I was driving down from Albany ny and they made the deal happen in half a day. I would definitely use them again.
      08-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #32
verstft
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xDrive

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Just got a new 330i from Park Ave. So far, they've been amazing.

The week prior, I walked away from a deal at BMW of Mt Kisco after I was all setup to buy a 328i and pickup on Wednesday.

Sales guy called me on Tuesday evening after I had my financing and insurance all ready to go, to bait and switch me and tell me the car wasn't CPO.(He had walked me through all the terms of the warranty and miles covered, but suddently...it's sold "as is")

My experience with used and CPO has been horrendous, it doesn't even seem possible that the same dealership could operate so differently on new/used cars. My understanding is that they only deal with decent cars, most likely coming off of a lease and send the not so great ones to auction.

Guess not.

j.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #33
rayxi
researcher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by verstft View Post
Just got a new 330i from Park Ave. So far, they've been amazing.

The week prior, I walked away from a deal at BMW of Mt Kisco after I was all setup to buy a 328i and pickup on Wednesday.

Sales guy called me on Tuesday evening after I had my financing and insurance all ready to go, to bait and switch me and tell me the car wasn't CPO.(He had walked me through all the terms of the warranty and miles covered, but suddently...it's sold "as is")

My experience with used and CPO has been horrendous, it doesn't even seem possible that the same dealership could operate so differently on new/used cars. My understanding is that they only deal with decent cars, most likely coming off of a lease and send the not so great ones to auction.

Guess not.

j.
I would expect no issues with new car sales.

Congrats on your new car btw.
      08-25-2018, 06:23 AM   #34
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

I walked away from a deal after putting $500 down at Park Ave because I was cheated in similar way and asked to wait a bit longer for delivery.

I went to BMW Springfield and have so far shopped 3 cars from same salesman since 2011.

Btw, car buying is always a hit or miss depending on many factors like what your temperament is and type of salesman you get.

I always tell upfront that I am a BMW enthusiast and know more that the average customer, so pls save the marketing skills and let's talk numbers.
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 1
rayxi40.00
      08-26-2018, 06:11 PM   #35
xtianrecords
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

if your ever in westfield nj my dad has a detail shop that has removed much worse than cigarette smell (one lady left spillled seafood on her carpet for a week in a camero ). pm me if interested in the shops name
Appreciate 0