F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Tiers before bedtime
Extreme Powerhouse

11-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #67
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Sorry but I don't get the obsession with pubs etc. We can't invite friends round to our house for dinner even though the four of us have had virtually no contact with anyone else for months. Quite happy to exercise common sense but we're not allowed to.
How would you structure a law to allow people in your situation to have friends round for dinner, taking care to distance yourselves, while not allowing a complete free-for-all for those who don't give a sh1t?

Laws have to be made with the lowest common denominator in mind.
It's a fair point, just annoyed that we have tighter restrictions than places with much higher infection rates. I'll get over it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's takeaway lamb, gonna have to crack open a bottle of the old Moulin a Vent methinks.
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18759.00
JD64270.50
      11-27-2020, 06:27 AM   #68
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Sorry but I don't get the obsession with pubs etc. We can't invite friends round to our house for dinner even though the four of us have had virtually no contact with anyone else for months. Quite happy to exercise common sense but we're not allowed to. There are loads of people mingling at work, the school gate etc but we're expected to stay apart and stay indoors. And meanwhile there's going to be a completely mindless relaxation of the rules for people whose lives revolve around the annual commercial spunkfest formerly known as the birth of the baby Jesus.

The first rule of law is that all are equal before the law and this latest fuckshambles is just another Johnson disaster waiting to implode.
The aim is to minimise interractions whilst still doing the things that need to happen. Work still has to go on (where it cant be done effectively from home), kids still need to be educated (and they cant really take themselves at certain ages - although there are rules about mingling at the gates at my grandsons school). And for many, a few days to see family and have some normality at the end of a very difficult year is really important.

Dinner for a few friends on a Friday night doesnt really fit into the national need, I would imagine is how the govt view it.

And the law is equal - unless you are in tier 1, none of us can have mates round for dinner on a Friday night... not even 4 people who all work together!
Also fair points.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18759.00
      11-28-2020, 01:40 AM   #69
scousefly
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5 Series & G01 X3 M

Garage List
What a Con Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Chesterfield in tier 3 is actually lower than a lot of the areas in tier 2, such as Liverpool, but it seems the new tiers are simpler than before and we’ve been wrapped up in the wider Derbyshire tier.
Same in Sheffield we have lower levels than some of London boroughs which are T2 but we get stuck in T3. Starting to realise why my parents rant on about the north/south divide now cause this twot boris hasn't a Scooby doo
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 04:18 AM   #70
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousefly View Post
Same in Sheffield we have lower levels than some of London boroughs which are T2 but we get stuck in T3. Starting to realise why my parents rant on about the north/south divide now cause this twot boris hasn't a Scooby doo
But if I recall Sheffield is in South Yorkshire and those 2 boroughs are in London and the measuring is being done across the bigger area so scores for Sheffield are irrelevant....

I have a friend who lives in the nice, countryside part of Kent. He is in tier 3 but I suspect the rates in his locality are lower than Sheffield. Kents still in the south if I remember rightly...

By the way, Northerner here (well 12 miles south of sheffield) now living in the south so not judging on a geographic view or political, cos I can agree with your comment on BoZo. I just think it was an impossible task but agree that keeping it simple and doing it in larger areas is sensible.

Suspect more parts of the South have got their Tier 3 time to come...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #71
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

I am very amused by Micheal Gove now relying on experts and creating fear about the NHS to justify the decisions of the Covid Quad that rules us
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #72
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmgreenwood View Post
I am very amused by Micheal Gove now relying on experts and creating fear about the NHS to justify the decisions of the Covid Quad that rules us
I also thought that was quite ironic.......
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #73
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58_f32 View Post
our city is lower in rates then when we were put in tier 2. London is actually higher, i guess its the north south divide. Cant lock London down as its to important, but ruin other cities economies.
the idiot students in Nottingham yesterday have probably just sent the east midlands into a extra 4 weeks in tier 3.
That is of course complete and utter bollox. London is a collection of higher and lower areas, as is Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. If you happen to be in a lower area in Derbys or Notts then be glad that you are less likely to catch it - but dont compare your specific village street or whatever with the collective score for a larger area.

Also, how are you rates amongst over 60s? The NHS capacity in the area? both influence outcomes...

But yes we can agree that idiots ignoring the rules are making it worse for longer for those that stick to the rules. That is where you should focus your anger.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:16 PM   #74
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
That is of course complete and utter bollox. London is a collection of higher and lower areas, as is Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. If you happen to be in a lower area in Derbys or Notts then be glad that you are less likely to catch it - but dont compare your specific village street or whatever with the collective score for a larger area.

Also, how are you rates amongst over 60s? The NHS capacity in the area? both influence outcomes...

But yes we can agree that idiots ignoring the rules are making it worse for longer for those that stick to the rules. That is where you should focus your anger.
You have read his posts before? You will be disappointed if you’re expecting any kind of rational thought. More like a brain full of Daily Mail headlines trying to escape.....
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #75
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
You have read his posts before? You will be disappointed if you’re expecting any kind of rational thought. More like a brain full of Daily Mail headlines trying to escape.....
Bad day, bad mood (saying goodbye to my longest serving team member) so didnt look who or I might have saved my energy!
Appreciate 0