F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My VO F30 M Performance Edition
ARMA SPEED

11-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #67
SuperHamz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

That's stunning, my "issue" (totally subjective I know!) with orange/red coloured cars is that the tail lights blend into the back, but not quite enough - M performance black line tail lights would be lovely on your car.
      11-18-2020, 03:32 AM   #68
zibbit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 335ix M Performance Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post
That's stunning, my "issue" (totally subjective I know!) with orange/red coloured cars is that the tail lights blend into the back, but not quite enough - M performance black line tail lights would be lovely on your car.
I agree that tail lights tend to blend on Orange/Red cars. Call me weird; but, I think the M-Perf Tail Lights kinda look like the cheesy FnF Altezza tail light swap that everyone did on their Civic's in the early 2000's.. IMHO, I think they kinda cheapen the look of the car. That's why decided to swap to USDM spec LCI (red blink) OEM lights instead.

Anyways, in preparation for my LCI tail light swap, I decided to pickup the EU light switch with front and rear fog switches enabled and code it. Sure, I could've filled down the button to activate the switch. But, I wouldn't have had the backlit button which would've bugged me to no end.. Especially if the switch is active. Being as though I'm not using the front fog lights yet, I removed the blanking button from the factory switch to stop the button from moving.

Coding I used was:
FEM => 3060 => NSL_VERBAUT => VERBAUT
default was nicht_verbaut
activated the indication in the instrument cluster.
FEM => 3064 => LCE_BEL_LIN_VAR => BEL_FLC_NSW_NSL
Default was BEL_FLC for adaptive Xenons with no fogs on my F30 MPE.
As indicated on the forums when I coded to BEL_FLC_NSL it set a shadow code in BimmerLink for wrong switch installed.
REM => 3063 => MAPPING_NEBELSCHLUSSL_L_OUTPUT => NSL_L
default was OFF
REM => 3063 => MAPPING_NEBELSCHLUSSL_R_OUTPUT => NSL_R
default was OFF
Being as though the pre-LCI rear fogs have Halogen bulbs, I left the following codes in their default setting.
REM => 3063 => MAPPING_NEBELSCHLUSSL_L_FIXED_PWM => PWM
REM => 3063 => MAPPING_NEBELSCHLUSSL_L_FUNCTION => NEBELSCHULSSLIGHT
REM => 3063 => MAPPING_NEBELSCHLUSSL_R_FIXED_PWM => PWM
REM => 3063 => MAPPING_NEBELSCHLUSSL_R_FUNCTION => NEBELSCHULSSLIGHT

Last edited by zibbit; 11-18-2020 at 03:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:17 PM   #69
zibbit
Private First Class
Rep

Another day, another mod.

Today's activity, mounting a set of Amazon M-Perf style pedal covers to match the factory dead pedal. For safety sake, instead of just using the slip on method to attach the covers; I chose to attach them like the OEM pedal set instructions recommend by actually drilling and bolting them into position. The covers came with nuts cast into the rubber, so I had to remove those before mounting.

Then I went downtown to source six stainless M4x0.7x15 flat head machine screws and some nylon insert nuts.

For the brake pedal, I drilled all 3 holes using a #19 (4.22mm) drill bit so I had the proper sized clearance hole for M4 hardware. Then, slid the machine screw through, and attached using the nylon insert nuts.

For the throttle pedal, I drilled all 3 holes using a #30 (3.26mm) drill bit so I could tap the holes with a M4 thread. Reason I did this is because there's no real clearance available behind the pedal hinge, so using a nut was out of the cards.

Overall I think it turned out ok; especially for the price they were compared to BMW's part. At the end of the day, they are only pedal covers after all.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 07:42 AM   #70
aleki75
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xDrive, 2016 335i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbit View Post
Third bigger recent upgrades to the car. These ones added a little functionality, color and updates to the interior.

First one was a heated F80 tri-stitch M steering wheel with the matching leather wrapped split spoke covers. I think it pairs well with my Alcantara wrap job that I did a few years ago.

Next two larger interior upgrades/updates came in the form of a F80 center console knee-pad and a F80 sliding center console lid. I was very excited to install both, and boy does it ever spruce up the interior and make the car so much nicer to drive longer distances. Being shorter (5'6") my right elbow always floated in never never land when I had cruise control set, so I'd always have to torque my body to rest my right arm. Now, that's no longer an issue. Plus the knee pad sits in the perfect spot when you've got cruise control set and you're resting your knee against the console. No more hard plastic against you knee cap.

Very nice car! I also own, since new, M Performance Edition but it's 2018 440i. In terms of the M3/M4 knee pad that you installed, did you buy it through the dealer or is it used?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #71
zibbit
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleki75 View Post
Very nice car! I also own, since new, M Performance Edition but it's 2018 440i. In terms of the M3/M4 knee pad that you installed, did you buy it through the dealer or is it used?
Thanks Aleki75, I bought it used off of eBay. It came out of Oceanside, CA from a vendor called straightsixautoparts.

Last edited by zibbit; 12-02-2020 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
aleki7539.00

Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #72
smak168
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xdrive GC

Quite the story of mods you got there. Car looks awesome.

Perhaps I'll see you cruising around Vancouver someday...I'll look out for your plates.

Thank for your service.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:27 AM   #73
zibbit
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak168 View Post
Quite the story of mods you got there. Car looks awesome.

Perhaps I'll see you cruising around Vancouver someday...I'll look out for your plates.

Thank for your service.
If you make it over to the island, look me up. You're welcome, it realize now it was probably the best time of my life.
Appreciate 0