F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > The New BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo (LCI)
ARMA SPEED

10-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #133
sqexpress
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by khailuan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
The GT has more rear legroom, as much trunk space, is 6 inches lower, drives much better, and is far quieter. Quite a few X3 owners who've seen, and more important sat in, my GT said they'd have bought the GT if it had been available prior to the 2014 model year. The latest convert after seeing and sitting in my GT currently has a 535. If not for the GT I would not have bought a BMW. None of the car models lower than the 7 series had the passenger space I wanted, even a 7 didn't have the cargo room, and I did not want an SUV.
Well said. I`ve also seriously considered an X3 but I couldn`t ignore that the GT has

- a lower base price
- handles better
- offers more standard options
- more rear legroom (even more than an X5)
- plenty of cargo room
- better fuel economy
- lower cost for wheels and tires
- possibility of adding M Performance Power Kit which I did.

Don`t get me wrong, the X3 is a great car and the 2018 version is even better... but like you said, not everyone wants an SUV.
I'd add that the x3 is probably the most useless car in the bmw lineup. If you need an SUV, get the real SUV like the X5. If you want better handling, get a 3/4 series. We have a 3GT and a X5, and I feel like that the perfect match.

Again this is just my personal opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 12:19 PM   #134
mgbabe
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i xDrive Gran Turismo

Garage List
Copied you sqexpress! We picked up an X5 40e in the spring and the 330GT end of the summer. Both great cars. The 40e gets amazing gas consumption for such a large SUV and when towing I don’t even feel the trailer. And a great commuter car when in stop and go traffic.

The 330Gt is not quite as luxurious but has amazing room, convenience of hatch and great highway gas mileage.

I my opinion they both look great. The GT is rare in a sea of regular 3 Series sedans.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #135
BNTLY
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34

It’s unique, versatile, and sophisticated.

If you dislike the GT, your palette hasn’t matured enough.
Appreciate 1
scottomfg286.50
      01-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #136
ddf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328 xDrive GT

Just bought a 3 Series GT. I had to chose between a 3 Series Sedan and a GT, and after carefully weighting all the factors, finally I was sold on the rear space and cargo capacity. I also looked for a 4 Series GC, but they are more expensive and they don't have enough room for rear seats and less cargo space.

The deciding factor was that the wife will stay with the baby on the rear seats, and I need them to be comfortable. When the baby will be older I can change the GT to a 4 series GC.

I love the way the 3GT looks, it reminds me of my dad's Ford Sierra (EU). Love the hatchback look for cars - much more practical.

And in the end it's a matter o taste.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #137
BNTLY
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddf View Post
Just bought a 3 Series GT. I had to chose between a 3 Series Sedan and a GT, and after carefully weighting all the factors, finally I was sold on the rear space and cargo capacity. I also looked for a 4 Series GC, but they are more expensive and they don't have enough room for rear seats and less cargo space.

The deciding factor was that the wife will stay with the baby on the rear seats, and I need them to be comfortable. When the baby will be older I can change the GT to a 4 series GC.

I love the way the 3GT looks, it reminds me of my dad's Ford Sierra (EU). Love the hatchback look for cars - much more practical.

And in the end it's a matter o taste.
Welcome to the team.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #138
Jeannot
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT 2015

BMW 328i GT 2015

Bonjour,
J'ai un petit problème électrique avec le siège passager: Il ne recule pas et n'avance pas. Par contre tout le reste fonctionne très bien. Est-ce un problème de fusible ???.
Aussi, ou pourrais-je trouver un digramme des fusibles de la voiture?
Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider ???
Merci!
La voiture est une BMW 328i GT 2015
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #139
ttleGT335
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW328i, BMW335iGT, CadATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannot View Post
Bonjour,
J'ai un petit problème électrique avec le siège passager: Il ne recule pas et n'avance pas. Par contre tout le reste fonctionne très bien. Est-ce un problème de fusible ???.
Aussi, ou pourrais-je trouver un digramme des fusibles de la voiture?
Quelqu'un pourrait m'aider ???
Merci!
La voiture est une BMW 328i GT 2015
A bit of translation may help the request:

I'm having a little problem with my electric passenger seat. It wont move back and for, but other electrical function still working good (I assume, Jean meant the seat adjustment, up/down etc...)
Is it a problem with the fuse? If possible can someone show me where to find the diagram of the fuses (may be location on the car too!)
Thanks you.
My car is BMW 328i GT 2015...:-)
Jean (?) Pretty sure folks in the forum will be able to help you out.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 01:46 PM   #140
Crowbar Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i GT (F34/N20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqexpress View Post
I'd add that the x3 is probably the most useless car in the bmw lineup. If you need an SUV, get the real SUV like the X5. If you want better handling, get a 3/4 series. We have a 3GT and a X5, and I feel like that the perfect match.

Again this is just my personal opinion.
PREACH!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 02:38 PM   #141
fox2263
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Just bought a 2016 320d GT and I am very excited. My first BMW. Thought I'd join in on the fun around here!
Appreciate 0