F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CTS chatted downpipe arrived!
Studio RSR

12-15-2020, 08:19 AM   #67
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnat View Post
I'm gonna through it up in the air at the shop and take a look, still there although less... I'll report back...

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #68
PeterWT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i, AT, BSM

Finally got mine installed. Was going to do it myself, but after I disconnected everything, I couldn't get the OE DP out of the Dinan mid-pipe while laying on my back with the car on ramps.
So I put it all back together and brought it to a local European Performance shop.
Too much money and wounded pride later... the fit, finish and sound are good. Loud, but good. There's a 'new exhaust part' smell, but I expect that to wear off after a few hundred miles.
Flashed MHD stage 2, 93 octane. WOW!!! The car is crazy fast! Even with the LSD and 265 width rear tires, the car struggles to put the power down!
But, it does and it's quick!

The only issue I have is a weird metallic noise when I rev the engine a little (~2K RPM) in P/N at a stop. I can't describe the sound, other than to say it's metallic.
I looked and couldn't find any pipes touching anything.
My 2017 M240i: MHD, xHP, Modded OE Intake, AA GESi 400 CPSI Cat DP, Dinan Mid-pipe, M Performance LSD & Rear Diffuser, BMS Exhaust Tips, Apex EC-7 Wheels, M-Tech Front Lip, iND Painted Mirror Caps, Smoked Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #69
Jnat
DisplacementReplacement
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterWT View Post
Finally got mine installed. Was going to do it myself, but after I disconnected everything, I couldn't get the OE DP out of the Dinan mid-pipe while laying on my back with the car on ramps.
So I put it all back together and brought it to a local European Performance shop.
Too much money and wounded pride later... the fit, finish and sound are good. Loud, but good. There's a 'new exhaust part' smell, but I expect that to wear off after a few hundred miles.
Flashed MHD stage 2, 93 octane. WOW!!! The car is crazy fast! Even with the LSD and 265 width rear tires, the car struggles to put the power down!
But, it does and it's quick!

The only issue I have is a weird metallic noise when I rev the engine a little (~2K RPM) in P/N at a stop. I can't describe the sound, other than to say it's metallic.
I looked and couldn't find any pipes touching anything.
That smell with mine lasted 3-4 weeks, it was very strong but now is fine.
2015 235XI FBO / MHD E30
2009 335XI FBO / COBB / E30
Appreciate 0