F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > iX3 order cancelled, i4 incoming
GetBMWParts

06-02-2023, 09:58 AM   #23
gr4z
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo12 View Post
Mine was financial based at looking at costs to replace my paid off 68plate 430D and the fact I can sell in a couple months and realise the cash without burying it back into a new one😳.

Probably a few quid of the mortgage.

Would love to have gone M440 but maths was against me!
Indeed, I can now sell the 440i and pocket the cash. I don't need fund a upfront payment or buy into a new one.

Anyone want to buy a 440i?
      07-15-2023, 02:54 AM   #24
Fuse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 340i

Ever since this thread I've been poring over my man maths spreadsheet! I went back on our company EV portal a couple of weeks ago and there'd been a drop in prices on the i4. As a result I've finally decided to join you and take the plunge, I've signed up for the e40 version with Msport Plus and Tech pack.

Biggest downside is they're quoting a 35 week lead time. It'd be nice to think that might come down, but the reality is it's more like to go backwards!
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13515.00
      07-15-2023, 03:51 AM   #25
Rathian
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport

Garage List
2022 BMW iX3  [0.00]
I'm an iX3 owner. Love it. Hitting 4 m/kWh since May and never dropped below 3 m/kWh over the winter. My drive is adaptive, comfort, i never skimp on the creature comforts like Aircon and seat heating when needed. Commute is 75 miles round trip during the week on motorway and A roads.

The iX4 I imagine will drive beautifully if the iX3 is anything to go by. I'm sure you will love the car and electric experience. I certainly won't be going back to ICE if finances continue to allow.

Look forward to the pictures when it arrives.
      07-16-2023, 03:04 AM   #26
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

I have an i4 on order here in Portugal too. I struggled with the colours that BMW offers, it's just rubbish. Finally settled on Mineral White with Tacora Sensatec. The MW just sparkles in the sun. The sensatec is great. It's softer than vernasca with more padding and perforations for sweaty arses.

Brooklyn - every car seems to be in this colour. It's ok. But just
Dravit - individual over here and always looks dusty in the sun
San Remo - nearly chose this with cognac
Portimão - it's boring
Aventurine Red - old man
Orange - another maybe, only over oyster though
Black Sapphire - just no, swirl city

Just don't read Which? 's view on the reliability of BMW's electric models. Lots of stranded cars and breakdowns.

Last edited by DougMcL; 07-16-2023 at 03:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 05:11 AM   #27
gr4z
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
Ever since this thread I've been poring over my man maths spreadsheet! I went back on our company EV portal a couple of weeks ago and there'd been a drop in prices on the i4. As a result I've finally decided to join you and take the plunge, I've signed up for the e40 version with Msport Plus and Tech pack.

Biggest downside is they're quoting a 35 week lead time. It'd be nice to think that might come down, but the reality is it's more like to go backwards!
I was initially told October 23 for mine, now end of October. Ordered at the beginning of June through Zenith. Popular cars I guess
      07-16-2023, 09:14 AM   #28
G50
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougMcL View Post
I have an i4 on order here in Portugal too. I struggled with the colours that BMW offers, it's just rubbish. Finally settled on Mineral White with Tacora Sensatec. The MW just sparkles in the sun. The sensatec is great. It's softer than vernasca with more padding and perforations for sweaty arses.

Brooklyn - every car seems to be in this colour. It's ok. But just
Dravit - individual over here and always looks dusty in the sun
San Remo - nearly chose this with cognac
Portimão - it's boring
Aventurine Red - old man
Orange - another maybe, only over oyster though
Black Sapphire - just no, swirl city

Just don't read Which? 's view on the reliability of BMW's electric models. Lots of stranded cars and breakdowns.
I think Aventurine Red is a great colour, loved Chris' M4 in that colour, and I've seen some 5 series that look great, think it appeals more as its rare, especially on a 5 series that are 90% white, black dark blue or grey. And I'm under 40,just!

My G31 is black sapphire, it is hard to keep looking good, but I don't mind. In a hot country though, no way. When I drive to the south of France it constantly looks dusty and soaks up all the heat.
In Portugal I would have gone white too, here it would be Aventurine or San Remo.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 10:18 AM   #29
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by G50 View Post
I think Aventurine Red is a great colour, loved Chris' M4 in that colour, and I've seen some 5 series that look great, think it appeals more as its rare, especially on a 5 series that are 90% white, black dark blue or grey. And I'm under 40,just!

My G31 is black sapphire, it is hard to keep looking good, but I don't mind. In a hot country though, no way. When I drive to the south of France it constantly looks dusty and soaks up all the heat.
In Portugal I would have gone white too, here it would be Aventurine or San Remo.
I love Aventurine but I may just be proving the point there

My first car was white and I seem to have had pretty much the full spectrum now (I even had a purple A3 as a pool car once) so I am now working back through versions of what I had before - the metallic white Audi upgrading a solid white cavalier, the metallic red Audi ditto re a solid dark red Astra, the metallic blue iPace likewise to a solid blue 306.... I suppose I need to get a metallic yellow to be the upgrade on my solid yellow Nova SR....

Or maybe not!
Appreciate 1
G50954.50
      07-18-2023, 01:14 PM   #30
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by G50 View Post

Many thanks. It’s a vivid ot subtle colour on any given light situation….
None of these are processed.
Attached Images

KRS_SN13515.00
gr4z1135.00
      07-19-2023, 02:25 AM   #31
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

I think I really don't like Aventurine, but it is also good to see different choices. There are just too many grey, black and white cars. Maybe I should change my order to orange. There is no colour here in Porto either!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 03:56 AM   #32
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougMcL View Post
The MW just sparkles in the sun..
You're in Belfast so how would you know?
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      07-19-2023, 04:02 AM   #33
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
That has to be a ban, suggesting that the less powerful car is better....
The M50 seems to need the 20" wheel option which has wider tyres, so gives up some range. There is an amusing video on Youtube of an M50 struggling to get around the 'Ring on the 19s. It has a lot of torque and weight to contend with.

Some pics of our Tune it! Safe! campaign car attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 02:49 PM   #34
Fuse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 340i

It took a while but the lease company have finally confirmed the order, ETA January but I'll take that with a huge pinch of salt at the moment.

My issue now is anxiety around whether they've ordered exactly what I want! I obviously had to place the order through the lease company website and then they place the order with BMW, so I've got no direct link to what they've actually specced. I've queried it but just got back a list of standard equipment and that they'd included the Tech & Pro pack, but what I actually want is sight of the order sheet from BMW that shows the 3 digit codes for everything that's been applied. I'm sure it's all absolutely fine, it would just be nice to get confirmation that everything is as it should be (i.e. I definitely don't want the blue accents!). I've asked them for a copy of the order sheet but I'm not sure if they'll provide it or not.
Appreciate 1
gr4z1135.00
      08-21-2023, 08:28 AM   #35
ormsystemswork
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

I've explored the discussion thread on Bimmerpost about the BMW F30, and I wanted to share my impressions. The community's passion for the F30 is evident, with members discussing various aspects from performance to aesthetics. It's fascinating to see the diverse opinions and experiences shared about this model. Enthusiasts sharing their modifications and advice creates a valuable resource for fellow BMW lovers. The thread captures the camaraderie and expertise within the community. Kudos to Bimmerpost for fostering such engaging discussions that bring car enthusiasts together. Whether someone owns an F30 or is simply interested in BMW, this thread offers a wealth of insights and perspectives. Keep up the great conversations!

glc-sx-mmd
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 11:08 AM   #36
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Tempted to click the link but hmm. I’ll resist.

The clear tell tale was a well constructed post on Bummerpost U.K. clearly a chat GTP effort lol.