F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Foglight cover f30
GetBMWParts

01-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
WaleeF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92

Foglight cover f30

Does anyone know if I can just pop these off with a trim tool or do I have to take the bumper off? I've looked for tutorials everywhere and seems like this bumper style is rare..

As you can see they turned into a blue purplish color and I want to paint them black but I don't know the safest way to take them out without losing clips in the process.

Also the piece in the middle is also the same color would like to know if I can pop that off as well.

P.s. is that broken plastic piece at the bottom replaceable or can I take it out completely? It's ugly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-18-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

You don't say what year your car is so I couldn't dig into the online parts catalog for you to find part #s. You can put your VIN or model info in to lead you to the parts: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Go to section 51 Vehicle trim, then 51 15 Bumper, front.

You can use the online repair manual to search for for light trim removal:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Good luck!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #3
WaleeF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
You don't say what year your car is so I couldn't dig into the online parts catalog for you to find part #s. You can put your VIN or model info in to lead you to the parts: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
Go to section 51 Vehicle trim, then 51 15 Bumper, front.

You can use the online repair manual to search for for light trim removal:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Good luck!
Thanks man!

I drive a 2014 335xi hopefully I can find that piece on there.

I just don't understand why bmw would make the fog light cover and the small trim piece in the front and back a different color than the body
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 10:28 PM   #4
John in VA
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaleeF30 View Post
I just don't understand why bmw would make the fog light cover and the small trim piece in the front and back a different color than the body
Did it come that way (many are plain black plastic) or did a previous owner attempt to match the body color? Painted plastic often appears a slight bit off compared to metal, and can fade over time.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #5
WaleeF30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaleeF30 View Post
Did it come that way (many are plain black plastic) or did a previous owner attempt to match the body color? Painted plastic often appears a slight bit off compared to metal, and can fade over time.
No it came that way, I actually did some research and apparently it comes black but not the same black as the car paint so it fades with time and I guess that's what happened to mine. I need to figure out how to get it off the bumper to repaint it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 10:43 PM   #6
John in VA
Colonel
Rep

While removing the entire bumper might sound scary, it's not too bad. Can be a time saver & prevent you from breaking things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtDkypG7vo
Appreciate 0