F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F32 Interior Swap to M4 interior (Manual seats to electric)
Studio RSR

09-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
nafehb
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 420d

Exclamation F32 Interior Swap to M4 interior (Manual seats to electric)

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum! Im currently working on my car and i have a lot of things planned for it which I'll share with all of you.

I have a 2014 F32 420d. Stock it came with the fabric seats which im really not a fan of, they are manual seats but they do have some electrical components (heating, lumbar support, and the side support things) **You'll understand why I'm specifying this.

I'm looking to switch to a red M4 interior (front and rear seats + the door panels), the rear seats and door panels are straightforward to change, its literally all plug and play.

My issue is with the front seats, knowing that my car didnt come with electric seats, will I have trouble getting the M4 seats to work? you can understand how much of a pain it would be to install seats that I then can't adjust or anything.
Is there a wiring harness I should buy? Is it plug and play? Will it require coding? I'm really clueless at this point and can't find any information because all the swaps I've seen already had memory seats as standard on the car.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #2
4dirty5
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafehb View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum! Im currently working on my car and i have a lot of things planned for it which I'll share with all of you.

I have a 2014 F32 420d. Stock it came with the fabric seats which im really not a fan of, they are manual seats but they do have some electrical components (heating, lumbar support, and the side support things) **You'll understand why I'm specifying this.

I'm looking to switch to a red M4 interior (front and rear seats + the door panels), the rear seats and door panels are straightforward to change, its literally all plug and play.

My issue is with the front seats, knowing that my car didnt come with electric seats, will I have trouble getting the M4 seats to work? you can understand how much of a pain it would be to install seats that I then can't adjust or anything.
Is there a wiring harness I should buy? Is it plug and play? Will it require coding? I'm really clueless at this point and can't find any information because all the swaps I've seen already had memory seats as standard on the car.

Thank you!
Probably not much help, but they will most likely be required to be coded in. The car doesn't know they're installed if you're not telling it it's installed. I'd ask a bmw tech.