F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > One more sleep! (well, probably two...)
GetBMWParts

09-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 335d

Garage List
  [0.00]
One more sleep! (well, probably two...)

So my F31 335d goes in to the dealer tomorrow to get a set of ACS springs and struts fitted. Actually can't wait! Weirdly they want the car for 2 days so It'll be a long wait to get the car back - obviously due to the upgrade but more that the faster it's away from the overcrowded carpark and the valeters rags the better!!

Since I'm spending loads in blind faith I've been a bit of a weirdo and driven around some local roads with the GoPro stuck to the side of the car with the aim of repeating it after the ACS stuff is fitted, just so I can see (as well as feel) what the improvements have been. More out of pure curiosity than anything else since I'm far from a suspension expert! I have to say it's been an eye opener seeing how long the car takes to settle after a compression. It just looks like a weird mix of really fast reactions to small imperfections (to the point it almost looks undamped) to the double "wallow" after a speed hump etc.

Roll on friday!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Well dealers just been on the phone - they were aiming to get it all done today (might've helped if they'd started before 12 but never mind eh!) but...apparently there's a problem with a bush attached to one of the struts that's come from ACS so they need to wait on a replacement! Typical!! As this is going to cause problems getting my car back and especially due to weekend shifts and looming holiday I've PM'd Lorcan hoping he can shed any light as to what they're talking about but I'm wondering if anyone's particularly friends with him would they mind pointing him in the direction of his inbox?! Much appreciated!

In the meanwhile I get to enjoy the 3 cylinder mini cabriolet parked outside
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #3
F31vetinari
Rep
Drives: F31 335xd

It’s worth the wait - and when you get back into your car you’ll notice the difference even more. I’m loving the ACS Sports Kit (Springs and dampers) but that was a half day installation by Rossiters - not sure why yours was 2 days!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F31vetinari View Post
It’s worth the wait - and when you get back into your car you’ll notice the difference even more. I’m loving the ACS Sports Kit (Springs and dampers) but that was a half day installation by Rossiters - not sure why yours was 2 days!
Yeah parts guys were surprised when they booked it in (they do deals a lot on the F3x facebook group). I checked again this morning and the woman thought they were just covering themselves as the workshop was busy and the alignment can take a good few hours seemingly. Ironically they were almost on track for getting it all done today if it wasn't for the wrong bush!

Looking forward to posting the before and after videos (if there's a difference!)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
F31vetinari
Rep

Oh there most certainly is!!!!

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
So long as it turns going round corners rather than leaning (if I wanted that I'd have bought a bike, or a boat! haha) and doesn't shake my fillings out i'll be fairly happy!!
Even happier if the car comes back with no scratches...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
F31vetinari
Rep

It’s lovely and flat and doesn’t rise under hard acceleration or fall under hard breaking - coupled with the non-run flats it’s a fantastic ride and a joy to drive.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 03:16 AM   #8
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Well this isn't going well. Literally off the phone to the dealer and the part now isn't turning up until tomorrow at 9. You couldn't make this up. Won't get my car back until Monday. So god knows what state the cars gonna be in kicking about a crammed yard for another 3 days

Not a happy chappy but... spoke to Lorcan who did apologise and assured me the replacement damper is sitting waiting on fedex and the parts guys know it's coming. If only I wasn't working tomorrow it'd be so much simpler!

Can't even go and get the car since it's currently on 3 upgraded springs/dampers and 1 old one

Last edited by IrnBrulad; 09-27-2019 at 03:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:02 AM   #9
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

I go away for one day and...

Sorry
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:33 AM   #10
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
I go away for one day and...

Sorry
Like I said these things have a habit of happening to me!

Thankfully convinced the Mrs to get my car tomorrow at some point although she wasn't very keen on checking it over. No idea why!

Feel free to chuck me a ACSchnitzer sticker (liked the one on your demo car in the Deutsch tech video)/keyring/exhaust in the post. I don't mind!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 06:19 AM   #11
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Not sure the exhaust will fit in the letterbox but we'll sort something
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 04:25 AM   #12
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Part arrived shortly after 9 and car is apparently on the ramps as I type. Phew!

Wife’s picking it up for me while I’m stuck at work. Fingers crossed it’s all good!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 02:38 PM   #13
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Reunited with my car at last! First impressions are good - waaay less roll and dive and far better damped.

Quick pic attached.

But.... my manual highlight leveller switch doesn't work anymore and the lights look low. Any ideas????
Attached Images

Last edited by IrnBrulad; 09-29-2019 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2019, 03:10 PM   #14
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBrulad View Post
Reunited with my car at last! First impressions are good - waaay less roll and dive and far better damped.

Quick pic attached.

But.... my manual highlight leveller switch doesn't work anymore and the lights look low. Any ideas????
Stunning looking car, have to get some pics in the daylight tomorrow, see how the suspension sits all around!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #15
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURSTTTT View Post
Quote:

Quick pic attached.

Stunning looking car, have to get some pics in the daylight tomorrow, see how the suspension sits all around!
I will. Although I'm sure my workmates will give me even more of a slagging - they didn't quite get the need, especially after they found out the cost
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #16
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quick pic attached.

I will. Although I'm sure my workmates will give me even more of a slagging - they didn't quite get the need, especially after they found out the cost
Haha, they never do mate! I've got some H&R springs ready to be fitted to mine, and a genuine m performance rear spoiler that's being sprayed, can't be helped!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #17
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quick pic attached.

Haha, they never do mate! I've got some H&R springs ready to be fitted to mine, and a genuine m performance rear spoiler that's being sprayed, can't be helped!
Actually really tempted to get the front splitter and get it painted half and half. Someone in the post your picture thread has done it on a blue car (can't mind off hand who but it's on the last page or so - using the app so can't check back and forth) and it looks REALLY good! However there's a small matter of visiting Mickey and Donald to pay for first
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #18
DURSTTTT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quick pic attached.

Actually really tempted to get the front splitter and get it painted half and half. Someone in the post your picture thread has done it on a blue car (can't mind off hand who but it's on the last page or so - using the app so can't check back and forth) and it looks REALLY good! However there's a small matter of visiting Mickey and Donald to pay for first
When you say half and half, are we talking the spats in body colour and the lower lip in contrast?

Most of them are Matt black, mine is Gloss, gives a nice contrast against the Mineral grey I think, to each their own I guess!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #19
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quick pic attached.

When you say half and half, are we talking the spats in body colour and the lower lip in contrast?

Most of them are Matt black, mine is Gloss, gives a nice contrast against the Mineral grey I think, to each their own I guess!
Aye I do prefer the gloss - especially on the shadow editions since the window frames and mirrors are gloss black. Here's the post I meant - gives the lower edge a proper splitter look. Think it'd look good on the white like that especially if the side m performance pieces are gloss too.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25278679
Appreciate 0