F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Wheel refurb
Studio RSR

02-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #23
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarCol View Post
Colour looks good :-)

Any reason you are sticking with those wheels and didn't put the £180 into a bigger set of Alloys?
Main reason is the set I wanted were £600+ and these just had a new pair of tyres on the rear when I got it.

I was happy with the design and comfort of the smaller wheel and bigger tyre, silver just didn't look great.

Either way I think I would have refurbed the new set to the same colour, silver on Tanzanite not to my taste.

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 02:48 AM   #24
kierownik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 320i Sport Black

Was going to get mine done in gunmetal but the shade they had was a bit to light for me so I went with darker grey colour and I think it was a very good decision. I really really like it.
The centre caps are in horrible condition but new ones are on the way so will replace them as soon as they arrive.

Last edited by kierownik; 02-17-2021 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 04:54 AM   #25
Armaan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierownik View Post
Was going to get mine done in gunmetal but the shade they had was a bit to light for me so I went with darker grey colour and I think it was a very good decision. I really really like it.
The centre caps are in horrible condition but new ones are on the way so will replace them as soon as they arrive.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/Fqhs6kK/20210217-080042.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/WFDXJyG/20210217-080046.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/vLJw1cM/20210217-084018.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/tHYvCv6/20210217-080026.jpg[/IMG]
Did you go to the same place as me?

Very nice finish and I find that no matter what people say, decision always comes down to what you see on the day and the variety shown.

Great thing about mine is the colour looks more a dark gunmetal in lower light and a slight more blue and metallic look in light.

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #26
Alloyboy
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw

A change from silver to dark grey for this bmw z4
Attached Images

Tel - 02893 365000
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 12:56 PM   #27
kierownik
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaan View Post

Very nice finish and I find that no matter what people say, decision always comes down to what you see on the day and the variety shown.

Great thing about mine is the colour looks more a dark gunmetal in lower light and a slight more blue and metallic look in light.

Armaan
Thanks!

I had mine done by Smart Wheels in Manchester. It's the 2nd time they did my wheels and I'm super happy with their job. I wasn't sure if it was the right choice of a colour but damn I'm so happy with it. It looks so much better in real life than the pics.

Also my new monochromatic centre caps arrived today. Another improvement.

BTW The car is so dirty and it was washed yesterday. I'm sick of this bullshit weather

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #28
Armaan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierownik View Post
Quote:

Armaan
Thanks!

I had mine done by Smart Wheels in Manchester. It's the 2nd time they did my wheels and I'm super happy with their job. I wasn't sure if it was the right choice of a colour but damn I'm so happy with it. It looks so much better in real life than the pics.

Also my new monochromatic centre caps arrived today. Another improvement.

BTW The car is so dirty and it was washed yesterday. I'm sick of this bullshit weather

Very nice finish and for not much money a refurb can really change the look.

Prefer OEM colour caps personally, but ETTO and completes the stealth look on yours.

Armaan
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 06:02 AM   #29
Squirtydog
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 420i 2018

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Did they paint or powder coat? They look nice!
It is a powder coat and supposed to last much longer than the standard manufacturer paint jobs - they don't do it I think due to the time it takes to powder coat (requires 'baking') and paint is just easier in mass production.

Thanks, well worth the cash!
That is a fantastic price compared with my local place. Worth the drive to Birmingham.

EDIT: local quote today £430!
Appreciate 1
Armaan714.50
      02-19-2021, 02:01 AM   #30
kierownik
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtydog View Post
That is a fantastic price compared with my local place. Worth the drive to Birmingham.

Wow that's a lot. I paid for mine 220 at smart wheels in manchester. Proper refurb job, powder coating and a warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 02:12 AM   #31
Armaan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtydog View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Did they paint or powder coat? They look nice!
It is a powder coat and supposed to last much longer than the standard manufacturer paint jobs - they don't do it I think due to the time it takes to powder coat (requires 'baking') and paint is just easier in mass production.

Thanks, well worth the cash!

That's a new set of wheels! I can understand a higher price for diamond cut and would expect a price of about £90 a corner for that, but powder coating should be cheaper.

City wheels in Birmingham charge £200 for a set of 18s or 19s in powder coat and can be done in one day...drop off at 8am and done by 5pm.

Armaan
Appreciate 0