F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F36 Pre-LCI vs LCI suspension
GetBMWParts

02-17-2021, 12:03 PM   #1
LineBacker
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36 440i

F36 Pre-LCI vs LCI suspension

Was the suspension ever changed on the LCI?
With money going towards a private educational psychologist for son the ACS RS are on hold.

There were numerous discussions on here about there were changes to the F30 and it was slightly stiffer in comfort mode. Were changes made to the GC?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 12:13 PM   #2
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

I don't know but I'm sure it would be easy to compare the components on realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
LineBacker
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Good shout. According to real oem both have SE
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #4
MarkJS
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i M Sport Coupe

The F32 suspension definitely changed at LCI time, so I’m pretty sure (but not certain) that the F36 would have got similar treatment.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineBacker View Post
Was the suspension ever changed on the LCI?
With money going towards a private educational psychologist for son the ACS RS are on hold.

There were numerous discussions on here about there were changes to the F30 and it was slightly stiffer in comfort mode. Were changes made to the GC?
And the "persona" is back...
      02-18-2021, 05:31 AM   #6
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
And the "persona" is back...
M340i to F36 to 440i to F36 435d and not a pic of any of them yet - and the 440i was removed from sale and couldnt provide a pic of that but still managed to get sold after he had paid a deposit...

I mean some of the personas were good but they seem to be getting desperate now. Even Soul Glo was better than this one....although he also seemed to have confused US / UK word usage at times as he swapped between the boards.... and did seemingly have every version of 3 or 4 series known to man, seemingly at the same time....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 05:40 AM   #7
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

I remember when I bought my F30 LCI in 2015 it was definitely reported that the suspension was modified. The F36 LCI came later and had a lot of the F30 LCI modifications so I suspect it got the same suspension upgrade.

EDIT: Just found this on the 4 series LCI;
"In terms of handling and dynamics, the new 4 Series facelift comes with some new suspension as well. BMW has managed to make the suspension both firmer and sportier while also being more comfortable. No small feat, considering the 4 Series was already a great handling and riding sports car."

Worth a read:
https://www.bmwblog.com/2017/01/17/p...-pre-facelift/

Last edited by sensible; 02-18-2021 at 05:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 10:53 AM   #8
LineBacker
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

I haven’t the foggiest idea what you guys are on about but I’m sorry if I have offended you in some way. The M340i. In honesty I don’t think I was ready for all of the tech. It also cost a fortune on PCP. Rather than keeping up with the Jones’ I read about the 440i. It would be more useful for daughters wheelchair. We could ditch the Vauxhall Zafira. Although I am not sure on the back doors. I really miss driving. As a contractor though I have stayed mostly in. Home schooling etc. My wife is a nurse but we struggled to get a key worker place at a school. Anyhow, the derv is growing on me because it means I can help my team and a Petrol would make no sense for that. I have spent years on bimmerfest and not much of a forum poster. The app is not working for me and even then photos are a personal choice. I don’t need to explain myself any further but based on this mix up either we move on and you treat me with respect as per forum rules or I leave. Since you guys were here first I will take my leave.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #9
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineBacker View Post
I haven’t the foggiest idea what you guys are on about but I’m sorry if I have offended you in some way. The M340i. In honesty I don’t think I was ready for all of the tech. It also cost a fortune on PCP. Rather than keeping up with the Jones’ I read about the 440i. It would be more useful for daughters wheelchair. We could ditch the Vauxhall Zafira. Although I am not sure on the back doors. I really miss driving. As a contractor though I have stayed mostly in. Home schooling etc. My wife is a nurse but we struggled to get a key worker place at a school. Anyhow, the derv is growing on me because it means I can help my team and a Petrol would make no sense for that. I have spent years on bimmerfest and not much of a forum poster. The app is not working for me and even then photos are a personal choice. I don’t need to explain myself any further but based on this mix up either we move on and you treat me with respect as per forum rules or I leave. Since you guys were here first I will take my leave.
Blimey... don't paint us all with the same brush mate
Appreciate 0