F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > "With your budget you should be looking for a 320d"
GetBMWParts

08-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
Boosted321
Private
Rep
Drives: Xdrive 318d ish :o)

"With your budget you should be looking for a 320d"

"I don't like my time being wasted" said the job nockey in the dealership !

So anyways with a bit of work and a visit to a different dealer I'm about to sign for an F30 335d M Sport.

Spec is :-

Mineral grey
Coral red dakota
Brushed aluminium
Pearl chrome finisher

M Sport + (of course )
Vis pack
Heated front seats
Adaptive suspension
VSS
318d badge
Service pack

I think thats it.

Did I miss anything ?

Thanks,

Andy.

Oh yeah and Hi !
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Are you sure that guy wasn't from an Audi dealer? That's their normal attitude.

Got there in the end.... congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Boosted321
Private
Rep

To be fair my Audi dealer has been great, replaces brake light bulbs for free, even fixes punctures for nowt as well.

Not looking forward to the wait till the predicted October delivery for the car
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Defero
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport

Why the 318d badge "wolf in a sheeps clothing" ?

"I don't like my time being wasted" lol
Im sure that line has sold 1000's of cars on the positive side he was honest lol
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Boosted321
Private
Rep

Yeah pretty much. I've got a tuned Evo 9 as well and subtle it aint so I thought with the BM I'd go a bit more stealthy

Comedy was that yes he is in fact their top salesman, as I found out when I complained about his attitude.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
R32Paul
Private
Rep
Drives: 330d X-drive Touring

318d ultimate irony.

I fancy 316i on the back of our 330d (when it arrives)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
Boosted321
Private
Rep

If someone asks how come its so fast my plan is to say "Oh sorry, I had the sport button pushed"
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Mr NSB
Captain
Rep
Drives: 420d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG335 View Post
Are you sure that guy wasn't from an Audi dealer? That's their normal attitude.

Got there in the end.... congrats!
I had this attitude at the Audi dealers in Newbury earlier this year.

Me: Can you show me around an A4 , you don't seem to have one in the showroom.
Sales guy: ('sales guy' is a term being used loosely here) 'There is is one out there' (wave of arm towards the showroom window) it should be unlocked.
Me: Do you have a brochure?
Sales guy: If you look in the stand over there you should find one.

I just walked never to be seen again in an Audi showroom
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep

It's a joke... I've 'tried' to buy Audis on a number of occasions...

First, trialled an A3 convertible against the E88 for my wife (I had a clear favourite but she needed to be convinced). Me: "what deals do you have on the A3 factory orders - we want a black one?" Jerk: "...I will offer you one that's already in the country as it helps us meet our quota - it won't be black but you can't be picky..." Me: f**k you very much, goodbye.

Second, Me: "can I book a drive in the new A5 Coupe please?" Jerk off: "we don't have one to drive..." Me: "what about that white one over there...?" Jerk off: "...that's the service managers car,he doesn't like to let people drive it..." Me: .... Well you can probably guess.

Audi have only been beaten by one misguided visit to a Ford dealer to look at the S-Max when launched... "Can I take a look around the D-Max please...?" ..... "We'll you can't buy one, we're not taking any orders until August...."

Sometimes I think I'd like to run a dealership, I would have special methods of dealing with people like this.....
      08-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Do you remember the bit in Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts walks into an upmarket clothing shop to buy some clothes and they sales rep refuses to sell to her. For Julia Roberts then to walk back in a shove it in their face with all the shopping she done...
You should do that with the car and the idiotic salesman!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted321 View Post
as I found out when I complained about his attitude.
I was going to suggest you got back in touch but you beat me to it. Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG335 View Post
Second, Me: "can I book a drive in the new A5 Coupe please?" Jerk off: "we don't have one to drive..." Me: "what about that white one over there...?" Jerk off: "...that's the service managers car,he doesn't like to let people drive it..." Me: .... Well you can probably guess.

Audi have only been beaten by one misguided visit to a Ford dealer to look at the S-Max when launched... "Can I take a look around the D-Max please...?" ..... "We'll you can't buy one, we're not taking any orders until August...."
Had exactly the same with their Mini Me's at VW. Tried to test drive a Touareg and got a similar response. And I can confirm the horrors of a Ford dealer. Lookers Ford in Sheffield are probably the biggest bunch of shysters I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Rude too.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
kneesliding
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d Touring

Count yourselves lucky, I had the most ignorant fß%cker of a Salerep at BMW.

Unfortunately, mine is a company car and I had no choice but to buy it from them, mind you, I told him what a w@#ker he is when I picked up the car.

Almost bought an Audi, again, they were grand!
But, the order for the Bimmer was already in and too late to cancel.

But am very happy with the Bimmer and glad I didnt get to cancel
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #13
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted321 View Post
If someone asks how come its so fast my plan is to say "Oh sorry, I had the sport button pushed"
Shell Nitro Turbo +
      08-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Do you remember the bit in Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts walks into an upmarket clothing shop to buy some clothes and they sales rep refuses to sell to her. For Julia Roberts then to walk back in a shove it in their face with all the shopping she done...
You should do that with the car and the idiotic salesman!
I did that with Jaguar

My BMW dealer (and in guess most) have it just right - even down to wearing shirt & tie during the week and polo shirts at the weekend...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #15
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
And I can confirm the horrors of a Ford dealer. Lookers Ford in Sheffield are probably the biggest bunch of shysters I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Rude too.
Sandicliffe Ford in Loughborough are to be avoided too - looking to part ex wife's 2.5 year old BMW 116i in Sept 2009 against new Fiesta (for 17 year old daughter to learn to drive in as much cheaper insurance). Went in on a Sunday morning and and told they couldn't get a part ex price that day which is fair enough as no BMW dealership in the group.

By following Saturday not heard anything and I rang and the salesman said sorry but can't get a part ex price for the BMW. In other words not interested.

So same day went to Shepshed Ford and after a few phone calls and 30 minutes in the showroom, got a good part ex price , did the deal and car delivered following week.

Other people I have spoken to tell similar tales about Sandicliffe and I would never go there again.

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Unbelievable.

If I treated my customers like that I wouldn't be driving a BMW.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

My first BMW purchase was not the ecstatic "customer experience" my dealer seemed to assume it was. Among many cock-ups, the car (12 month old 5 series, £57k list price) arrived without mats. Dealer's attitude: "oh dear, the previous owner must have kept them, sorry about that...... but we won't replace them: we only give mats with new cars." They only relented when I emailed them a copy of their own sales particulars for the car, listing mats as one of the car's standard features !

In the very same conversation, they asked me "as a favour" to give them top marks when I was contacted for customer feedback.

Arrogant w***ers.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #18
browellm
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

Car salespeople are usually failed estate agents. Which tells you everything you need to know.
F31 330d Luxury | Mineral White | Cohiba Brown Individual Leather | Prof Media | Vis pack | Sun Protection Glass | Harman Kardon | Adaptive Suspension | Sports Seats | Lumbar | Folding Mirrors | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | Coded: EBT
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
Poohbore
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F31 xDrive

I bought a well specked smax from my local ford dealer £30k, and when I said I was interested in a focus st3 the same salesman told me that it wasn't the right car for me. Bought one 3 weeks later and parked it right outside his desk when I went to pick up a phone cradle for the smax. His face was priceless, haven't been back since.
      08-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbore View Post
...it wasn't the right car for me...
What do you say to something like that... arse.
      08-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Some time ago (2006/7?) I visited a Volver dealer in Sheffield with my wife as we were considering a V50 for her. As it turned out the car wasn't to her liking and we didn't get one. Then about a year later I was on the look out for a car and remembered the V50. I quite liked it but the same salesman barely gave me the time of day and fobbed me off with a promise he'd get in touch with some figures. He never did. Then a few weeks later he did call me, I guess because he now had to make some target or other and he was trawling old contacts

"Hi, it's that cock from Harratts"
"Hello"
"So, are you still interested in the V50?"
"Not really, no"
"Why's that? It's a great car"
"I'm sure it is but you never called back"
"Want to talk about it now?"
"No, when you didn't call I bought a Saab instead"
" ... "

And I could fill pages with tales from Lookers Ford Sheffield and Evans Halshaw Citroen Sheffield. How they both stay in business I do not know. I normally source cars through Mike Knowles at YVF in Sheffield but for some reason visited some dealers. Never again.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #22
vieri_c
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535D M Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by morellomax View Post
My first BMW purchase was not the ecstatic "customer experience" my dealer seemed to assume it was. Among many cock-ups, the car (12 month old 5 series, £57k list price) arrived without mats. Dealer's attitude: "oh dear, the previous owner must have kept them, sorry about that...... but we won't replace them: we only give mats with new cars." They only relented when I emailed them a copy of their own sales particulars for the car, listing mats as one of the car's standard features !

In the very same conversation, they asked me "as a favour" to give them top marks when I was contacted for customer feedback.

Arrogant w***ers.

The salesperson who sold me my bmw prefilled my customer feedback form for me when i collected my car, not impressed at all!
He was quite pushy come closing the sale, unfortunately i had already fallen in love with the car! He wasnt keen to help me choose the right spec, just wanted to close off the sale. Will be wiser in the future!
Appreciate 0