F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > 2018 BMW 440i M Performance Edition - Avus Blue Individual
Extreme Powerhouse

10-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #133
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22/B58 M240xi

Very tasteful. Not over done. Not fast-n-furious..

Enjoy your ride. Looks awesome.

Sold - 2017 M240xi Mineral White, HK, OEMConcept 437M wheels, Curtis hitch for bike rack, MPE, Painted rear diffuser, Dinan Elite Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #134
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
All you guys going on about should have gotten an M sound like you've never heard of snow and the need for an AWD vehicle? I got rid of my M3 for that reason.

Plus, it's not quite THAT much close to price in Canada. I am working on an EXACT same car such as this with my dealer and all-in it's around $86K. That is about $10K lower than a lightly spec'ed M3 or M4 (or same price as absolutely base M3 or M4) and if going competition package or as in Canada they called it the ultimate package, you're looking at around $105K for the M.

So while the price may be close it's note quite the same and more importantly AWD is something we almost need considering the kind of winters we get.
This man gets it. Not everyone wants or needs a M car. He needs something practical for the snow and a M car is definitely on the worse for snow side of the spectrum.
      10-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #135
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
Quote:
All you guys going on about should have gotten an M sound like you've never heard of snow and the need for an AWD vehicle? I got rid of my M3 for that reason.

Plus, it's not quite THAT much close to price in Canada. I am working on an EXACT same car such as this with my dealer and all-in it's around $86K. That is about $10K lower than a lightly spec'ed M3 or M4 (or same price as absolutely base M3 or M4) and if going competition package or as in Canada they called it the ultimate package, you're looking at around $105K for the M.

So while the price may be close it's note quite the same and more importantly AWD is something we almost need considering the kind of winters we get.
This man gets it. Not everyone wants or needs a M car. He needs something practical for the snow and a M car is definitely on the worse for snow side of the spectrum.
Except that it's not. LSD + winter tires can tackle any challenge winter throws at you in these developed parts...

It's cool, people may prefer AWD but don't blame the car, blame the drivers. Many people have been using RWD with winter tires for years, it's perfect capable.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc

Last edited by 6ixSpd; 10-15-2017 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 3
No Boost4021.00
sq86363.00
      10-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #136
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

As a daily driver, I'd take this over an M4 hands down. It's a much more civilized package
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #137
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Stunning car! Congrats!
      10-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #138
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Except that it?s not. LSD + winter tires can tackle any challenge winter throws at you in these developed parts...

It?s cool, people may prefer AWD but don?t blame the car, blame the drivers. Many people have been using RWD with winter tires for years, it?s perfect capable.
I always find this argument hilarious. Regardless of the driver skills, a high performance rwd vehicle is simply NOT an ideal choice in snow. You can do it but it is not something that should be considered on the same level as an awd vehicle. I've driven a C63AMG and a couple of M's in winter with winter tires for many years and I can tell you while it is doable it most certainly isn't anything even remotely close to an awd vehicle with winter tires. Especially when you throw in substantial highway driving into the equation when the cars are going at higher speeds.

No matter what you say to justify it to yourself (trust me I did too and in fact will probably do it again in the future) a high performance rwd vehicle for its all true intended point and purpose is not designed for snowy roads when you can't even use the car anywhere close to its true potential to make it worthwhile having one. Hell, even in summer you can't if you don't take it to the track (part of the reason why I got rid of mine). Just because something is 'doable' doesn't always mean it's the smartest thing to do.
Appreciate 3
      10-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #139
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Fantastic! Man I gotta say those GTS rims have really grown on me.

Will those rims fit the F30 body?
makes me wonder why people make snap decisions on wheels after seeing them once on a web page.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #140
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Except that it?s not. LSD + winter tires can tackle any challenge winter throws at you in these developed parts...

It?s cool, people may prefer AWD but don?t blame the car, blame the drivers. Many people have been using RWD with winter tires for years, it?s perfect capable.
I always find this argument hilarious. Regardless of the driver skills, a high performance rwd vehicle is simply NOT an ideal choice in snow. You can do it but it is not something that should be considered on the same level as an awd vehicle. I've driven a C63AMG and a couple of M's in winter with winter tires for many years and I can tell you while it is doable it most certainly isn't anything even remotely close to an awd vehicle with winter tires. Especially when you throw in substantial highway driving into the equation when the cars are going at higher speeds.

No matter what you say to justify it to yourself (trust me I did too and in fact will probably do it again in the future) a high performance rwd vehicle for its all true intended point and purpose is not designed for snowy roads when you can't even use the car anywhere close to its true potential to make it worthwhile having one. Hell, even in summer you can't if you don't take it to the track (part of the reason why I got rid of mine). Just because something is 'doable' doesn't always mean it's the smartest thing to do.
Yep. Anything is possible but do you really want to live with it? Some people can justify it but that doesn't mean others believe the same thing.
      10-14-2017, 07:20 PM   #141
TylerJamesInc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 328i 6MT M-Sport Slicktop

WOW.
Absolutely gorgeous.
Why are guys asking why the OP didn't get an M? Or a 2 or 3 or 5?!
He got this car- and optioned it this way- because it's exactly what he wanted. Is that not obvious?!

Anyway, amazing car. Nice work
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Nobody with non-m cars is slapping M badges on their shit, lets be serious here. Ricers and dumb ass foreign kids do that shit, no real bmw guy does that nonsense. It is sacrilege. BMW has been doing that shit from the factory more and more over the last few years though, it is not our fault they bastardized M a long time ago.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I have owned every iteration of m3 from e36 to e92, I have had 4 335s (07 pre-lci e92, 11 e90 lci, an 11 e92 lci) and my current 14 f30. I have also debadged every bmw Ive owned the last 17 years except for my current leased X1 and past leased x3. Most folks I know do the same so nobody is adding m badges to anything.

BMW should have written m-sport or m-tech or something to differentiate. That's why nobody cares about an m car being special nowadays. I would much rather have an awd modded 335 that can hang with or eat up m-cars, and drive it year round.....then have a hooptie or winter car and garage the damn thing for the winters. But thats my opinion living in New England and getting older! Lol. When M cars go awd, I'll start buying M cars again.
Just wanted to quote this, because I couldn't agree more. M-Sport owners get called fanboys and ///wanna-be's, as if we did something wrong by buying the car! We don't try to play it off like it's an M.
Appreciate 4
Remonster824.00
BMWZ41908.00
      10-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #142
germ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i convertible

"M Performance F82 Parking Brake"

LOL.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6011.50
      10-14-2017, 07:36 PM   #143
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn360Photo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Wow! In US m4 starts at 65k with few options and all those bits let?s say 70k
ZCP with those Individual options will hit $80K at least.

Regardless, this is a shyt ton of money for a 4-series...to each their own.
M4 is not really 4 series per say, body yes but everything else is M

440 is.

Can?t compare zcp m4 to 440 with trinkets IMO
Lol an m4 is exactly a 4 series! Lol what the hell are you talking about?

Most folks are in denial and they say that in order to justify 100k for a dressed up 4 series.

I just don?t think M is exclusive anymore.
Then explain why people with non ///M cars are wanting to slap ///M badges on their cars and M owners are not slapping #40i/#50i badges on their M cars.

Don't get me started on the guys who bought the e92 335is. Those were the it is just as fast/good as the M3 without the price crowd
Nobody with non-m cars is slapping M badges on their shit, lets be serious here. Ricers and dumb ass foreign kids do that shit, no real bmw guy does that nonsense. It is
sacrilege. BMW has been doing that shit from the factory more and more over the last few years though, it is not our fault they bastardized M a long time ago.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I have owned every iteration of m3 from e36 to e92, I have had 4 335s (07 pre-lci e92, 11 e90 lci, an 11 e92 lci) and my current 14 f30. I have also debadged every bmw Ive owned the last 17 years except for my current leased X1 and past leased x3. Most folks I know do the same so nobody is adding m badges to anything.

BMW should have written m-sport or m-tech or something to differentiate. That?s why nobody cares about an m car being special nowadays. I would much rather have an awd modded 335 that can hang with or eat up m-cars, and drive it year round.....then have a hooptie or winter car and garage the damn thing for the winters. But thats my opinion living in New England and getting older! Lol. When M cars go awd, I?ll start buying M cars again.

Regarding the 335is, that is and was probably the best non-m car ever. I drove my cousins regularly and enjoyed it much more than my e92 M3 I owned.
The new M5 is AWD.
      10-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #144
AWSB328iM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ View Post
"M Performance F82 Parking Brake"

LOL.
Emergency brake handle
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 08:58 PM   #145
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa
Quote:

In the US people buy AWD because they don't want to mount snow tires. It's funny I know.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6011.50
      10-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #146
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

Amazing color and build ??!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #147
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:

Of course an AWD car with winter tires will outdo a RWD in certain situations, arguing otherwise is ridiculous. At higher speeds on the highway, the point actually becomes moot. AWD won't help you stop faster, so what advantage is it giving you there?

And yes, you can actually use a solid RWD sports car in the snow. You just need to drive it differently and equip proper winter tires, which was my initial statement to begin with. I've been driving slammed, impractical, high torque, RWD cars in the winter for many years. A 470wtq 335i and a W211 E55 AMG were two of them. I drove them through some of the worst conditions you can throw at a car in these developed parts, even road tripped through a nasty blizzard to Chicago in a February storm that saw 18 wheelers in the ditch down in the interstates. With a good set of winter tires, there was zero lack of confidence in the car's ability to get me to my destination safely. Of course an AWD car could've been even better, and that word implies the item being compared isn't necessarily bad. The RWD car was not incapable of completing the task, ever.

And in the summer the driving dynamics of any AWD car are nowhere near as fun as an RWD, period. 9 times out of 10, the RWD variant will be more enjoyable, will respond better to driver inputs, get better fuel economy, and will perform better than it's AWD counterpart. The benefits of AWD in less than half the year do not outweigh it's cons the other half of time if your goal is driving a high performance sports car to begin with.

Some of us do track, some of us do actually drive our cars outside of a highway. If your argument is you can't use a car to near it's potential even in summer, then why are you driving a performance car in the first place? I find that argument even more hilarious.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00
      10-14-2017, 11:20 PM   #148
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

440 is.

Most folks are in denial and they say that in order to justify 100k for a dressed up 4 series.

When u drive both we can talk

Fortunately bmw doesn?t agree with your statement on M being special, just like thousands of people that buy them.
Go back and read, I have driven and owned both prior.

If you think an f80/82 is worth anything close to 100k even loaded to the gills like some of the folks have on here.....your absolutely nuts and you are part of the reason Bmw keeps killing people for recent cars. IMO, an f8x should be max 65-70k loaded.....GTS maybe over 100k, and thats about it. Absolutely preposterous that BMW can get close to 6 figures for a 3 or 4 series M or not! Lol. But hey, keep paying the piper!!

OP: your car is beautiful, nothing taken away from that. AWD ftw!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #149
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [8.33]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

440 is.

Fortunately bmw doesn?t agree with your statement on M being special, just like thousands of people that buy them.

If you think an f80/82 is worth anything close to 100k even loaded to the gills like some of the folks have on here.....your absolutely nuts and you are part of the reason Bmw keeps killing people for recent cars. IMO, an f8x should be max 65-70k loaded.....GTS maybe over 100k, and thats about it. Absolutely preposterous that BMW can get close to 6 figures for a 3 or 4 series M or not! Lol. But hey, keep paying the piper!!

I didn?t say that paying 100k for m4 is worth while.

But you are being hypocritical, u say m4 is not worth 100k loaded but a 440 is worth 70k.

I am saying that for 70k m4 is way better car in every single aspect. I can even argue awd, I have snow tires which is better than awd and summer tires

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #150
AWSB328iM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i M-Sport 6MT

Would have looked stunning with the individual golden brown interior!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #151
Deluxx3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Fantastic! Man I gotta say those GTS rims have really grown on me.

Will those rims fit the F30 body?
Without the orange accents, they look amazing IMO
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #152
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

Quote:
Of course an AWD car with winter tires will outdo a RWD in certain situations, arguing otherwise is ridiculous. At higher speeds on the highway, the point actually becomes moot. AWD won't help you stop faster, so what advantage is it giving you there?

And yes, you can actually use a solid RWD sports car in the snow. You just need to drive it differently and equip proper winter tires, which was my initial statement to begin with. I've been driving slammed, impractical, high torque, RWD cars in the winter for many years. A 470wtq 335i and a W211 E55 AMG were two of them. I drove them through some of the worst conditions you can throw at a car in these developed parts, even road tripped through a nasty blizzard to Chicago in a February storm that saw 18 wheelers in the ditch down in the interstates. With a good set of winter tires, there was zero lack of confidence in the car's ability to get me to my destination safely. Of course an AWD car could've been even better, and that word implies the item being compared isn't necessarily bad. The RWD car was not incapable of completing the task, ever.

And in the summer the driving dynamics of any AWD car are nowhere near as fun as an RWD, period. 9 times out of 10, the RWD variant will be more enjoyable, will respond better to driver inputs, get better fuel economy, and will perform better than it's AWD counterpart. The benefits of AWD in less than half the year do not outweigh it's cons the other half of time if your goal is driving a high performance sports car to begin with.

Some of us do track, some of us do actually drive our cars outside of a highway. If your argument is you can't use a car to near it's potential even in summer, then why are you driving a performance car in the first place? I find that argument even more hilarious.
I've been on these forums for 9 years, and every fucking time an m car gets brought up in an non-m thread, people get all jazzed up about and eventually it becomes a debate about rwd vs awd. Stop beating the dead horse and give it a break you guys. No opinion will get swayed, and just buy the car that YOU want, period.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #153
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

440 is.

I didn?t say that paying 100k for m4 is worth while.

But you are being hypocritical, u say m4 is not worth 100k loaded but a 440 is worth 70k.

I am saying that for 70k m4 is way better car in every single aspect. I can even argue awd, I have snow tires which is better than awd and summer tires
No no, definitely not saying a 440 is worth anything close to 70k either!!! That?s a travesty as well!!

I get what you?re saying and agree with most of it, just made my point on pricing and the path of BMW!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #154
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
Quote:

Even with Blizzaks and stock ride height on my e92 M3, I couldn?t get out of 6? of snow in my driveway here in Ct!!!

Lol, the people that say ?rwd has been used for years in the snow?, 2 things for you: ride height of today?s performance cars, and weight.
Appreciate 0