F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Remote 3D view in Connected App and Canada
proTUNING Freaks

10-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Remote 3D view in Connected App and Canada

Hello everyone,

This post is for every BMW car/SUV which are equipped with all necessary tools to see 3D view in iDrive and Remote 3D view in Connected App which is supposed to be available in Canada sometime this month.

My issue is that how do we enable 3D view in privacy settings under My vehicle when you don't see that checkbox. My 2018 X3 has all bells and whistles required for this Remote 3D view in Connected App but this checkbox is not available under privacy settings of My Vehicle. I am subscribed to Connected Service Professional for 3 years.

So my questions here are:

1. Do any of you in Canada with any BMW vehicle, see this checkbox to enable remote 3D view?

2. Do you think this checkbox is not available now because Connected App is still not available in Canada?

3. Once Connected App is made available in Canada how do we update our iDrive system so that checkbox for Remote 3D view could be enabled?

Please response to any or all of above questions and kindly provide as much details as possible for benefit of all.

I am hoping that this post brings enough discussion on subject topic and all other related items where Canadian BMW owners don't get equitable treatment as our counterpart in USA/Europe.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahtopito View Post
Hello everyone,

This post is for every BMW car/SUV which are equipped with all necessary tools to see 3D view in iDrive and Remote 3D view in Connected App which is supposed to be available in Canada sometime this month.

My issue is that how do we enable 3D view in privacy settings under My vehicle when you don't see that checkbox. My 2018 X3 has all bells and whistles required for this Remote 3D view in Connected App but this checkbox is not available under privacy settings of My Vehicle. I am subscribed to Connected Service Professional for 3 years.

So my questions here are:

1. Do any of you in Canada with any BMW vehicle, see this checkbox to enable remote 3D view?

2. Do you think this checkbox is not available now because Connected App is still not available in Canada?

3. Once Connected App is made available in Canada how do we update our iDrive system so that checkbox for Remote 3D view could be enabled?

Please response to any or all of above questions and kindly provide as much details as possible for benefit of all.

I am hoping that this post brings enough discussion on subject topic and all other related items where Canadian BMW owners don't get equitable treatment as our counterpart in USA/Europe.

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving

Once the Connected App is launched in Canada, we will send out an over the air update to all vehicles that can support the feature.

This will enable the menu option to enable remote 3D view.
Appreciate 1
VWtoBMW67.00
      10-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

BMW Connected App due this month (October 2018) in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Once the Connected App is launched in Canada, we will send out an over the air update to all vehicles that can support the feature.

This will enable the menu option to enable remote 3D view.
Thanks Canadian33.

We are in mid October so we are hopping that BMW Connected will be available anytime now in Canadian App store (Apple/ios) and Canadian Play store (Android).

Can't wait to see and use all new functionality offered in BMW Connected.

Happy Monday
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Wait - are you telling me you can access the 3D view remotely at any time once it's supported in Canada? Had no idea that was a feature
      10-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Remote 3D view

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Wait - are you telling me you can access the 3D view remotely at any time once it's supported in Canada? Had no idea that was a feature
Hi,

My understanding is that Remote 3d view will work when you meet all following conditions in Canada:

1. Your vehicle is equipped with all required equipment for 3d view

2. You have current subscription with BMW Connected Remote Services in Canada

3. BMW Updates software over the air (OTA) so that we could enable Remote 3D view in iDrive settings

4. BMW Connected app is made available in Canada

So for item 3 and 4 we are at the mercy of BMW Canada/parent company.

All Readers: If I missed anything or provided any wrong info please add your comments and corrections.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
VWtoBMW67.00
      10-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #6
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
Hi,

My understanding is that Remote 3d view will work when you meet all following conditions in Canada:

1. Your vehicle is equipped with all required equipment for 3d view

2. You have current subscription with BMW Connected Remote Services in Canada

3. BMW Updates software over the air (OTA) so that we could enable Remote 3D view in iDrive settings

4. BMW Connected app is made available in Canada

So for item 3 and 4 we are at the mercy of BMW Canada/parent company.

All Readers: If I missed anything or provided any wrong info please add your comments and corrections.

Thanks
I went through my iDrive menus and found the box that you need to check to activate it. I selected it and is available ....... but, guess I need that app! I hear mid October, we are officially there any day now I hope!
      10-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Remote 3D view

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWtoBMW View Post
I went through my iDrive menus and found the box that you need to check to activate it. I selected it and is available ....... but, guess I need that app! I hear mid October, we are officially there any day now I hope!
Hi,

Could you please tell us what BMW and year you own has this checkbox for remote 3d View? Also what is version number of your iDrive software?

I have 2018 X3 with Ultimate package with surround view cameras and I don't see this checkbox. I bought this in August 2018.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #8
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Could you please tell us what BMW and year you own has this checkbox for remote 3d View? Also what is version number of your iDrive software?

I have 2018 X3 with Ultimate package with surround view cameras and I don't see this checkbox. I bought this in August 2018.

Thanks
the video from BMW about 3 d view only mentions it's for 7 , new 5 series, although it dates from 2017...
      10-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #9
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
the video from BMW about 3 d view only mentions it's for 7 , new 5 series, although it dates from 2017...
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoboy1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
2018 X3 and newer support this if they have the appropriate options. Owners in USA have it today so I'd be surprised that Canadians won't get it as well once the update is in place
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #10
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Remote 3d view on Canadian 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna View Post
2018 X3 and newer support this if they have the appropriate options. Owners in USA have it today so I'd be surprised that Canadians won't get it as well once the update is in place
Hi Canadian33:

I have 2018 X3 with Ultimate package which has surrounding view available with the help of all camera on it. My X3 has Front Camera just above the grill, Rear camera near licence plate, camera under each side mirror and Stereo camera on Interior mirror facing front (one which reads road sign).

Hope these are the equipment you need for 3d view. Please confirm. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #11
VWtoBMW
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Not sure if the version of iDrive. My car is a 2018 540d xDrive, bought new in late June 2018, built was April 2018
      10-30-2018, 09:35 AM   #12
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

R360 for Canada

Hello everyone.

I wanted to clear up some of the questions around Remote View 360 now that the Connected App is launched for Canada.

R360 is currently only available for G-series vehicles. The vehicle also needs to have the surround view camera package.

Now that the Connected App is launched, we will be pushing out an update over the air to enable the functionality mid November. This will enable the option in the iDrive menu to turn the functionality on.

There are some vehicle currently in Canada that have the menu displayed today. This is based on when the vehicle was enabled with ConnectedDrive.

So the end result, is all capable vehicles in Canada will be enabled with R360 functionality by end of November.
Appreciate 2
paul_z10.50
      10-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #13
Njerts
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: x3 m40i

Garage List
Any updates on why I don't receive the activation code in my vehicle when I want to add my vehicle to my connected account.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #14
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

what is the ETA for Android app?
      10-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #15
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Remote 3D View in Canada by End of November 2018

Quote:
Hello everyone.

I wanted to clear up some of the questions around Remote View 360 now that the Connected App is launched for Canada.

R360 is currently only available for G-series vehicles. The vehicle also needs to have the surround view camera package.

Now that the Connected App is launched, we will be pushing out an update over the air to enable the functionality mid November. This will enable the option in the iDrive menu to turn the functionality on.

There are some vehicle currently in Canada that have the menu displayed today. This is based on when the vehicle was enabled with ConnectedDrive.

So the end result, is all capable vehicles in Canada will be enabled with R360 functionality by end of November.

Thank you very much for update.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #16
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Hello everyone.

I know you're probably getting hammered by PMs and post quotes and I do appreciate you taking the time to update through this channel, but regarding the bolded part ... that seems to be only true of iOS. When is the Android app going to be properly available as opposed to having to sideload the US version?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #17
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wanted to send a quick update. The necessary changes in the back end went live today, so R360 should be available in all capable vehicles.

You will need to update services in the vehicle. To do this click on ConnectedDrive and hit the options button on the iDrive controller. Select "Update BMW Assist".

Once this is done you should see the R360 option under the privacy section in the iDrive menu.

Again, R360 is only available for G series vehicles with the appropriate hardware.

All vehicles should see the option by the end of the week.
Appreciate 1
paul_z10.50
      11-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #18
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wanted to send a quick update. The necessary changes in the back end went live today, so R360 should be available in all capable vehicles.

You will need to update services in the vehicle. To do this click on ConnectedDrive and hit the options button on the iDrive controller. Select "Update BMW Assist".

Once this is done you should see the R360 option under the privacy section in the iDrive menu.

Again, R360 is only available for G series vehicles with the appropriate hardware.

All vehicles should see the option by the end of the week.
Good news for all Canadian BMW owners with Vehicles capable for Remote 3d view. I got my software update today by following steps mentioned by Canadian33 above. After you get your software update, you have to enable Remote 3d view in Data privacy section of idrive settings under My Vehicle. Once this is done, open your BMW Connected app in Apple (ios) device, logout from App and log back in App, accept terms and you will see Remote 3D View option. Click on this option and first time you will just see image of your vehicle. Click on REFRESH VIEW, wait for new image to load and you will see actual view of last parked vehicle with surroundings. You can scroll on screen to see vehicle and surrounding from different angle.

Thanks to Canadian33 for helping us in finally getting this feature in Canada.

Here is actual image of my parked vehicle taken by clicking on Camera icon on Remote 3D View screen in App
Attached Images

Last edited by Khatopito; 11-13-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 07:06 AM   #19
z24b
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
Very cool, now the rest of us have to wait patiently for it to be enabled for us.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #20
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by z24b View Post
Very cool, now the rest of us have to wait patiently for it to be enabled for us.
I don't think it will be available on the 4 series even with surround view...
      11-15-2018, 07:11 AM   #21
z24b
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
I thought that as well, but Canadian33 posted in a different R360 thread and I quote, "....the short answer is the update will be pushed out to "all capable vehicles" by end of November.
Now to me that sounds like all models, not just G series. I could be wrong and its just wishful thinking on my part.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 11:17 AM   #22
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by z24b View Post
Now to me that sounds like all models, not just G series. I could be wrong and its just wishful thinking on my part.
Quote: