F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > 340i - H&R Sport springs - Gallery
proTUNING Freaks

09-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #23
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_G View Post
What about just the springs did you not like? Was the ride too harsh or was it just too bouncy?
Both. It was very uncomfortable.
Other people stated it felt the same? I definitely getting coils eventually but I wanted to run springs just for a bit and focus on performance parts until the shocks started to give. I'm at 64K and probably putting the springs on soon, they are used though so they should be settled. How long will everything hold up, 6-12 months?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #24
SLOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
What about just the springs did you not like? Was the ride too harsh or was it just too bouncy?
Other people stated it felt the same? I definitely getting coils eventually but I wanted to run springs just for a bit and focus on performance parts until the shocks started to give. I'm at 64K and probably putting the springs on soon, they are used though so they should be settled. How long will everything hold up, 6-12 months?
You are wasting your time. Especially using shocks with 64k miles on them.

Ride will be terrible. Put a good set of coil overs on there and don't look back.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #25
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintoshf30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You are wasting your time. Especially using shocks with 64k miles on them.

Ride will be terrible. Put a good set of coil overs on there and don't look back.
Ugh yeah I'd love to pull the trigger on some BC's but I'm waiting for a custom F30 exhaust to be released in a few weeks so my focus is going to be on that and getting a downpipe. But I was hoping the springs could just give me a slight drop and reduced body roll until I got proper coilovers
Appreciate 0