F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > 1
Extreme Powerhouse

04-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #23
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
Usually you file through your local police and they would contact his local police about the incident, seeing how most departments won't take reports over the phone. You could always try his local one over the phone if you do find out his information
I googled his name and marched matched it with the name of his wife that he used on the PayPal account. Pretty sure it's him since his name isn't common. Won't have his address though. Would that be enough? At the end of the day I'm looking to get my money back, and I'm confident I will though PayPal. Anything else (fines for him) is just a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 06:04 PM   #24
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
If you have his name and address, ideally, I’d say file police report. I’m not sure how exactly that would work given you reside outside the country. It should still be possible, I’d think. Or, if you are willing to share the info with others who might be interested in contacting you via PM so they might file their own complaint with his local authorities, that would be gracious of you. I guess if nothing else, PayPal might be interested since they will be eating the costs of refunding you.
Either way, of you have 4-5 people disputing the same paypal email which I believe he used, paypal is probably gonna see something shady with that guy and refund everyone. You don't get payment from that many people for them all to request a dispute for a refund.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #25
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vooonoo View Post
Usually you file through your local police and they would contact his local police about the incident, seeing how most departments won't take reports over the phone. You could always try his local one over the phone if you do find out his information
I googled his name and marched matched it with the name of his wife that he used on the PayPal account. Pretty sure it's him since his name isn't common. Won't have his address though. Would that be enough? At the end of the day I'm looking to get my money back, and I'm confident I will though PayPal. Anything else (fines for him) is just a bonus.
Sending you a pm
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 02:15 AM   #26
ilivas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428

I checked his wife’s Facebook and we’re in the same state I believe.

I also filed a dispute.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 04:46 AM   #27
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivas View Post
I checked his wife’s Facebook and we’re in the same state I believe.

I also filed a dispute.
Go to his wifes house and confront
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #28
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
I wonder if his wife knows he's doing this using her sort of..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #29
ilivas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
He’s still 4 hours away. Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #30
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
I don't have any of that. I was the buyer, not the seller. All I have is his name and email.
Get name, address and number, even if buyer. I often check address on Google Maps or Zillow. If they do not want to give that info, that should be another warning.

Call them and verify number. I often FaceTime/Skype to spend time and show person what I am selling, even if they end up backing out of sale for whatever reason. Would rather have no issues.

Also gives me a feel of the person I am dealing with.

Are the photos stock photos? Google image search the pics they post. Are Parts pictured on car....if so, do they have good reason?

CHECK FORUM ITRADER RATING

Check their other posts for inconsistencies, as several have noted here. If they only post in Classifieds and not the rest of Forum, that calls for closer inspection.

Good to doublecheck their eBay feedback as well. Message them on eBay to make sure it’s really them!

DONT BE CHEAP AND REFUSE TO PAY 3% FOR GOODS ON PAYPAL. Plenty of scammers who want to take your money!

If you purchase something, post you purchased in thread to make sure they are not selling to 3 others.

Cover your bases.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-08-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #31
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Get name, address and number, even if buyer. I often check address on Google Maps or Zillow. If they do not want to give that info, that should be another warning.

Call them and verify number. I often FaceTime/Skype to spend time and show person what I am selling, even if they end up backing out of sale for whatever reason. Would rather have no issues.

Are the photos stock photos? Google image search the pics they post. Are Parts pictured on car....if so, do they have good reason?

Check their other posts for inconsistencies, as several have noted here. If they only post in Classifieds and not the rest of Forum, that calls for closer inspection.

Good to doublecheck their eBay feedback as well. Message them on eBay to make sure it’s really them!

DONT BE CHEAP AND REFUSE TO PAY 3% FOR GOODS ON PAYPAL. Plenty of scammers who want to take your money!

If you purchase something, post you purchased in thread to make sure they are not selling to 3 others.

Cover your bases.
I agree with most of this, though itrader rating isn't always the best indicator. I've bought a few things from members here but have no rating. This is why I wanted to go through PayPal goods and services instead of friends and family like he wanted before. I reversed google image searched the exhaust photos and came up blank so I'm assuming they're legit in some way, but the tips I didn't check, but did after and they turned up under VW forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #32
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Quote:

Good to doublecheck their eBay feedback as well. Message them on eBay to make sure it's really them!

Cover your bases.
I agree with most of this, though itrader rating isn't always the best indicator. I've bought a few things from members here but have no rating. This is why I wanted to go through PayPal goods and services instead of friends and family like he wanted before. I reversed google image searched the exhaust photos and came up blank so I'm assuming they're legit in some way, but the tips I didn't check, but did after and they turned up under VW forum.
Yes, everyone has to start somewhere.

However, if they have that many so called transactions looking at their past posts and 0 feedback, it certainly warns you to take even more precautions. Same if few/no itrader feedback.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #33
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, everyone has to start somewhere.

However, if they have that many so called transactions looking at their past posts and 0 feedback, it certainly warns you to take even more precautions. Same if few/no itrader feedback.
Well I've still got 0 though and I've given 0. It's more a sign of laziness than anything I feel. I have 100% positive on eBay though after 120+ transactions. I've bought cheap to expensive stuff off others here and still 0 raring. But I hear what you're saying. I feel like it means less here than eBay though, where I would take that as a bigger warning sign.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #34
Zara
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

I've confronted the guy through text, he's completely ignoring me though. I have his phone number if anyone is gathering his information or trying to get a hold of him. Also update on my paypal dispute with him, I got a notice from paypal that the dispute was in my favor and I got all my money back. I hope everyone else gets their money back as well.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      04-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #35
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara View Post
I've confronted the guy through text, he's completely ignoring me though. I have his phone number if anyone is gathering his information or trying to get a hold of him. Also update on my paypal dispute with him, I got a notice from paypal that the dispute was in my favor and I got all my money back. I hope everyone else gets their money back as well.
Oh really? 2 questions for you then. For me it says to wait until April 11th before escalating to PayPal. Can you go straight to escalation, or do you have to wait a bit? Also, was the refund to your PayPal account or to the original method of payment? I used my Visa just to further protect myself but I would rather they not convert it back since I'll be using the money in the future for something else.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #36
ilivas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How long did it take to get your money back?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #37
Zara
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Oh really? 2 questions for you then. For me it says to wait until April 11th before escalating to PayPal. Can you go straight to escalation, or do you have to wait a bit? Also, was the refund to your PayPal account or to the original method of payment? I used my Visa just to further protect myself but I would rather they not convert it back since I'll be using the money in the future for something else.
First I contacted the seller through PayPal as "item not received" yesterday and waited a few hours. Figured there was no point in waiting for his response so I just escalated it straight to PayPal a few hours after contacting him. I got a refund to my PayPal account as I didn't pay with my credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilivas View Post
How long did it take to get your money back?
I filed the dispute yesterday around 6pm and got a notice from PayPal this afternoon around 12pm that the seller has provided a tracking number. Literally like 5 minutes after he provides a tracking number I get another notice from PayPal saying that the case was in my favor and I received my money back. So it took less than 24 hours I would say.
Appreciate 2
kern4174449.50
cjack29.50
      04-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #38
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
First I contacted the seller through PayPal as "item not received" yesterday and waited a few hours. Figured there was no point in waiting for his response so I just escalated it straight to PayPal a few hours after contacting him. I got a refund to my PayPal account as I didn't pay with my credit card.

I filed the dispute yesterday around 6pm and got a notice from PayPal this afternoon around 12pm that the seller has provided a tracking number. Literally like 5 minutes after he provides a tracking number I get another notice from PayPal saying that the case was in my favor and I received my money back. So it took less than 24 hours I would say.
Interesting. I'll go escalate with PayPal now then thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 12:29 AM   #39
Utvolman99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

Any word back from PayPal? I almost bought from this joker.
      04-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #40
ilivas
First Lieutenant
Rep

Well, after I filed the dispute, I now have a package coming to my house. It’s probably filled with bricks, but we’ll see.

It sucks because I ordered straight from JB last night.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #41
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

What an ass. Hope you all get your money back. Can't trust anyone anymore!
      04-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #42
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
Can't trust anyone anymore!
In this case (and many others) you can protect yourself very easily on online sales.

Last edited by EDWYER; 04-10-2018 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 12:37 AM   #43
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectBoost View Post
Quote:
Can't trust anyone anymore!
In this case (any many others) you can protect yourself very easily on online sales.
Yea. That's why I always always do service and goods. Pay the extra money to be safe.
      04-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #44
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Yea. That's why I always always do service and goods. Pay the extra money to be safe.
Yep.
Appreciate 0