F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 430i Convertible Top Won't Open from Inside Button Only
Extreme Powerhouse

04-16-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
jcochems
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i, 430i Convertible

430i Convertible Top Won't Open from Inside Button Only

I have a 2017 430i Convertible. Has less than 14K miles so the top is not heavily used what so ever. Sometime sits parked for 1-2 weeks without use past 1 year due to working from home due to covid.

One morning recently after no unusual event or circumstances, the convertible hardtop stopped opening ONLY via the inside Hardtop center console button. Pressing the button down still opens all four power windows, but once the windows are fully down, the hardtop fails to start opening as it always has for 4 years. There is no motor noise or other mechanical sounds of the top even attempting to open. Just nothing once the power windows finish opening all the way so the button is not 'dead' since the windows respond as expected with opening/closing. I have used the button many times over 4 years so not operator error. I have checked all the obvious like making sure the cargo area partition is fully closed.

However, the strange thing is the hardtop opens and closes as normal from outside the vehicle using the remote keyfob.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jim
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2022, 07:33 PM   #2
nicolecarson2012
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i and 435i

Hi there, I realize you made this post a year ago but did you ever find a resolution to this issue?
Appreciate 0