F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Is it possible to clear check engine codes with Esys / an ENET cable?
Studio RSR

10-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #507
calllka
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Hi Shawn,

I got a check engine light after coding G20. Would this tool work for G20? If so, would you please send me a link. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 03:35 PM   #508
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by calllka View Post
Hi Shawn,

I got a check engine light after coding G20. Would this tool work for G20? If so, would you please send me a link. Thank you in advance.
Clear it with E-Sys:

Click "External Applications" in the left menu.
Click "External Application"
Double-click "Transmitter"
Scroll to the bottom and click "14 FF FF FF,31 01 0F 06,31 01 40 00 00,31 01 40 00 05,31 01 40 00 01;Clear all DTCs (clear DTC,clear Infospeicher,ZFS – DM_Lock,clear ZFS – DM_Clear,ZFS – DM_Unlock)"
Click Connect
Click Send

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #509
calllka
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Hi Shawn,

Clear it with E-Sys:

Scroll to the bottom and click "14 FF FF FF,31 01 0F 06,31 01 40 00 00,31 01 40 00 05,31 01 40 00 01;Clear all DTCs (clear DTC,clear Infospeicher,ZFS – DM_Lock,clear ZFS – DM_Clear,ZFS – DM_Unlock)"
Click Connect
Click Send
Thank you, that did it.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #510
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you, that did it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #511
E30M CW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 335Xi

Hi Shawn,

Could I get a link for Tool32? I need to clear some diagnostic trouble codes from my car, and the Schwaben diagnostic tool I bought doesn't appear to have the correct address.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 04:41 PM   #512
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30M CW View Post
Hi Shawn,

Could I get a link for Tool32? I need to clear some diagnostic trouble codes from my car, and the Schwaben diagnostic tool I bought doesn't appear to have the correct address.

Thanks!
Why not clear with Esys Transmitter as explained 3 posts up?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #513
E30M CW
Private
Rep

Thanks Shaun. I'm more used to mechanical repairs, and I'm still a little new to working with all the electronics. I wanted to start with something simpler, but I just got a copy of Esys, and with the help you gave above I feel confident I can work with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 11:44 PM   #514
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Shaun. I'm more used to mechanical repairs, and I'm still a little new to working with all the electronics. I wanted to start with something simpler, but I just got a copy of Esys, and with the help you gave above I feel confident I can work with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 11:30 PM   #515
E30M CW
Private
Rep

So I got a copy of E-sys 3.27 and followed the instructions given above to clear the diagnostic trouble code, but it didn't work. I chose the F020 file for my F30, found the External Application, saw the line you mentioned, clicked connect and then send. In response, my car displayed an orange chassis stabilization warning. When I clicked OK to acknowledge the warning, my diagnostic trouble code (brake wear sensor) came up again, and it displays every time I start the car as typical.

I noticed something else odd. I watched a few other videos about coding with E-sys, so I tried a simple change while I was at it. I wanted to change the number of times my turn signal would cycle when using the using the multiple blink feature. The coding sheet indicated that the default value should have been 02, but mine was set to 00 even though it blinks 3 times when I use my turn signal. Still, I reprogrammed the value to 04, and then followed the instructions on the video to upload the FDL code. E-sys reported that it was successful, but my turn signal still only blinks 3 times when I use that feature. To double check, I closed and reopened E-sys to read the FA and SVT files from the car and sure enough the value for that feature showed 04 just as I programmed it.

Any ideas on why E-sys doesn't seem to work on my car? It's a Canadian 2015 335xi, and it was one of the last pre-LCI cars produced. None of that should have any effect on coding with E-sys, should it?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 06:32 AM   #516
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
So I got a copy of E-sys 3.27 and followed the instructions given above to clear the diagnostic trouble code, but it didn't work. I chose the F020 file for my F30, found the External Application, saw the line you mentioned, clicked connect and then send. In response, my car displayed an orange chassis stabilization warning. When I clicked OK to acknowledge the warning, my diagnostic trouble code (brake wear sensor) came up again, and it displays every time I start the car as typical.

I noticed something else odd. I watched a few other videos about coding with E-sys, so I tried a simple change while I was at it. I wanted to change the number of times my turn signal would cycle when using the using the multiple blink feature. The coding sheet indicated that the default value should have been 02, but mine was set to 00 even though it blinks 3 times when I use my turn signal. Still, I reprogrammed the value to 04, and then followed the instructions on the video to upload the FDL code. E-sys reported that it was successful, but my turn signal still only blinks 3 times when I use that feature. To double check, I closed and reopened E-sys to read the FA and SVT files from the car and sure enough the value for that feature showed 04 just as I programmed it.

Any ideas on why E-sys doesn't seem to work on my car? It's a Canadian 2015 335xi, and it was one of the last pre-LCI cars produced. None of that should have any effect on coding with E-sys, should it?
I remember from my E90 coding days that the turn signal blink count was also related to the specific key I was using. Something may be similar with the F Series. I had to code each key individually for the 5 blinks
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 08:37 AM   #517
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

For PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN, did you change the Werte Value direct, not the FDL Drop Down value? After changing the value and writing to ECU, when you read back the coding data, what Werte Value is shown?

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:31 PM   #518
E30M CW
Private
Rep

The coding sheet I found indicated that the triple blinking turn signal feature was BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP. That was the value I changed. I did change the Werte Value directly to 04 and then saved it to the ECU. Afterwards, when I double checked the file the Werte Value read 04 as I had saved it.

I didn't look for the PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN file, as the coding sheet I had never mentioned that file at all. Maybe I was changing the wrong value? What module and section number would I find that value?

Is there a more up to date coding sheet? The one I'm using is from Halsifer dated July 1, 2015.

Even if I was changing the wrong value for the triple blinking feature, I'm not sure how that would stop me from clearing my diagnostic trouble code. I followed the instructions in this thread exactly. I know the brake wear sensor isn't still broken. I replaced it personally, and when I use my Schwaben scanner to check the live sensor data, both brake wear sensors have the status ok.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 11:57 PM   #519
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The coding sheet I found indicated that the triple blinking turn signal feature was BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP. That was the value I changed. I did change the Werte Value directly to 04 and then saved it to the ECU. Afterwards, when I double checked the file the Werte Value read 04 as I had saved it.

I didn't look for the PIA_DEFAULT_TIPPBLINKEN file, as the coding sheet I had never mentioned that file at all. Maybe I was changing the wrong value? What module and section number would I find that value?

Is there a more up to date coding sheet? The one I'm using is from Halsifer dated July 1, 2015.

Even if I was changing the wrong value for the triple blinking feature, I'm not sure how that would stop me from clearing my diagnostic trouble code. I followed the instructions in this thread exactly. I know the brake wear sensor isn't still broken. I replaced it personally, and when I use my Schwaben scanner to check the live sensor data, both brake wear sensors have the status ok.
FDL Code depends on car. If you have BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP, than that is correct code. FDL Coding does not work for all cars though, so apparently it is not supported in yours. This has nothing to do with clearing your diagnostic trouble code though.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #520
Ajdly00
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
PM sent.
Hey shawnsheridan, can you send me a link for tool32? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #521
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhjkalfhu View Post
Hey shawnsheridan, can you send me a link for tool32? Thank you
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #522
F10LUX
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d

Thumbs up f10 2014 lux

Quote:
I don't bother. I just clear, them, and if they stay clear, I could care less about what may have triggered it. If it won't clear, then I would use ISTA/D to diagnose it.
Hi Shawn,

i been silently following your posts, can you please help me?

I have a BMW F10 520D Luxury 2014 bought less than 2 weeks ago privately with no warranty

Recently i installed a dash cam, I switched off the airbag from the passenger side dashboard corner trim, it has option to turn on/off with key
but i accidently removed the connector without disconnecting the battery just so I could remove the trim/panel, however it has now triggered a " passenger restraint system error" fault

all i want to do is reset the error because i know nothing is wrong with the airbag or any safety systems it self

can you please provide me any links to any free software I can use so I can reset it and some basic instructions, I have BMW ENET cable just so you know.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #523
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10LUX View Post
Hi Shawn,

i been silently following your posts, can you please help me?

I have a BMW F10 520D Luxury 2014 bought less than 2 weeks ago privately with no warranty

Recently i installed a dash cam, I switched off the airbag from the passenger side dashboard corner trim, it has option to turn on/off with key
but i accidently removed the connector without disconnecting the battery just so I could remove the trim/panel, however it has now triggered a " passenger restraint system error" fault

all i want to do is reset the error because i know nothing is wrong with the airbag or any safety systems it self

can you please provide me any links to any free software I can use so I can reset it and some basic instructions, I have BMW ENET cable just so you know.

thank you
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 06:39 AM   #524
Kolega
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 and F40

Quote:
If you need to clear a fault code, just use E-Sys Transmitter function:

Scroll to the bottom and double-click "... Clear all DTCs ..."
When I connect e-sys to my car and go to "External Application" there is no option to be selected, it's all blank.
Do I need some special app to implement with my e-sys for it to be shown?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 09:09 AM   #525
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolega View Post
When I connect e-sys to my car and go to "External Application" there is no option to be selected, it's all blank.
Do I need some special app to implement with my e-sys for it to be shown?
New E-Sys does not include Transmitter. You need to add it back in. PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 08:30 AM   #526
GuruPhil
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
If you need to clear a fault code, just use E-Sys Transmitter function:

Scroll to the bottom and double-click "... Clear all DTCs ..."
Hello,

I have the E-sys but dont have anything called 'Transmitter' in external application.
Where do i find this?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 12:13 PM   #527
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruPhil View Post
Hello,

I have the E-sys but dont have anything called 'Transmitter' in external application.
Where do i find this?

Many thanks
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 05:25 AM   #528
tatuks
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e60 520d

could I have the link to tool32 please? Thanks.
Appreciate 0