F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > HELP Tri-State Area Flashing PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD, VA
GetBMWParts

08-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #1
zookerjr5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
HELP Tri-State Area Flashing PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD, VA

Anyone in the Tri-State area or any states within 3 hours of Philadelphia that could help me out. I need full flashing done to some of my modules as I unplugged the FEM with the battery still plugged in. Rather dumb mistake on my part and now I can't register a new battery as it will not hold the data.

I'm willing to pay and drive to you. Depending on how well it goes I would be willing to help out on a discount set of tires as well from Continental or General.

Any responses are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Are you using ista+ to try and register the battery? Or something else?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
zookerjr5
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
Are you using ista+ to try and register the battery? Or something else?
I took it to my BMW shop. They used ISTA+. I have also used Carly to do this. The modules need programmed as I get codes 8040B7, 8040BB, 8040BD, 80402F, 030195, 0301A0, and E58468. Was just using the battery registration as an example. It also wipes my readiness to the car so the EVAP will never set and I have to go about a certain way to get the heater to set. I've done a lot of research in the back end and know now that things just need to be flashed to get everything to sync up again. If after that the problem still persists ISTA+ will help with routes to take.

Unfortunately for me I was going to buy the 24 hr ISTA+ but they have a service bulletin out right now for cars pre 2013 F30 that they are working a bug out on. https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/

So reaching out to see if someone has the full pzData and actually knows what they are doing flashing wise to help me out.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I'd help you, but I'm from VA and also traveling. Hopefully someone closer has an enet cable and esys/ISTA-P
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
zookerjr5
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
I'd help you, but I'm from VA and also traveling. Hopefully someone closer has an enet cable and esys/ISTA-P
I appreciate it. I would be willing to drive down to you if you're up for it maybe we could set something up sometime. I am not in a big rush as the car still runs and drives. I just don't want to have to replace my battery every 10-12 months and solve the root cause of the issue with the car.

I have a buddy I can stay with nearby in VA. Let me know or PM me
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #6
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Why don't you just flash it yourself? Get yourself a ENET cable and go with the flow! I'dd glad to help you with this once you get your cable.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #7
zookerjr5
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
Why don't you just flash it yourself? Get yourself a ENET cable and go with the flow! I'dd glad to help you with this once you get your cable.
I have a cable but I don't have the full pzdata or esys downloaded as of now. I know I can get this from Shawn but rather scared to brick the car TBH, but I guess it's better to brick it in the garage than somewhere I am not from. I have done esys programming for anti dazzle headlights and what not so I am familiar with the program just not the full flash process. Just familiar with the coding process. Let me know if I should contact Shawn and get a mega account setup to start downloading things and maybe we can work something out.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #8
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookerjr5 View Post
I have a cable but I don't have the full pzdata or esys downloaded as of now. I know I can get this from Shawn but rather scared to brick the car TBH, but I guess it's better to brick it in the garage than somewhere I am not from. I have done esys programming for anti dazzle headlights and what not so I am familiar with the program just not the full flash process. Just familiar with the coding process. Let me know if I should contact Shawn and get a mega account setup to start downloading things and maybe we can work something out.
So first things first, have you tried just a plain old coding of the FEM module? Or do you know for a fact you need to have it fully programmed?

You can easily code the defaults with esys by just reading FA, read ECU, activate FA, click code on FEM_BODY module. This should program the FEM to the default values per your FA. I would definitely try this first. Also I haven't done firmware programming with esys yet, but I bet shawn would be able to walk you through that.

If you have the disk space, it's worth a shot downloading the full psdzdata and hitting up shawn for help. I think this should be solvable from the comfort of your own home - and for free
Interior: Bavsound stage 1 and subs - custom trunk sub by Mike1327
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #9
zookerjr5
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
So first things first, have you tried just a plain old coding of the FEM module? Or do you know for a fact you need to have it fully programmed?

You can easily code the defaults with esys by just reading FA, read ECU, activate FA, click code on FEM_BODY module. This should program the FEM to the default values per your FA. I would definitely try this first. Also I haven't done firmware programming with esys yet, but I bet shawn would be able to walk you through that.

If you have the disk space, it's worth a shot downloading the full psdzdata and hitting up shawn for help. I think this should be solvable from the comfort of your own home - and for free
Yeah I have tried that. The regular coding to me is rather easy and straightforward. I know for a fact I need a full flash on multiple modules as something just isn't jiving. Thanks for your response though
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #10
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
I took it to my BMW shop. They used ISTA+. I have also used Carly to do this. The modules need programmed as I get codes 8040B7, 8040BB, 8040BD, 80402F, 030195, 0301A0, and E58468. Was just using the battery registration as an example. It also wipes my readiness to the car so the EVAP will never set and I have to go about a certain way to get the heater to set. I've done a lot of research in the back end and know now that things just need to be flashed to get everything to sync up again. If after that the problem still persists ISTA+ will help with routes to take.

So reaching out to see if someone has the full pzData and actually knows what they are doing flashing wise to help me out.
As you took this to a BMW Shop, why can't they flash it correctly as ISTA+ should be able to do all that
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 06:18 AM   #11
zookerjr5
Private
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 335I  [0.00]
[/QUOTE]
As you took this to a BMW Shop, why can't they flash it correctly as ISTA+ should be able to do all that [/QUOTE]

They are hesitant to flash the ecu's meaning I don't think they want to mess the car up. Tech said to me they had to remove ecu's and it could cost thousands or dollars and we wouldn't know if it would fix it. Basically if they are confident I'm not confident in them. So now I gotta do it myself. Which leaves me in this predicament
Appreciate 0