F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bimmercode Launch Control Confusion
ARMA SPEED

06-03-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
rangeseeker
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport

Bimmercode Launch Control Confusion

Hey guys, I've read tirelessly through threads and I just can't figure out how to get launch control on my car. I have a 435i M Sport with the sport transmission (why doesn't this damn car come with launch control from the factory??). Anyway, I just cant figure out which options to enable in expert mode since a lot of the posts on here are pertinent to people with base models or different models altogether.

TL;DR
Which options in which modules in bimmercode for someone with a 435i & sport transmission?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
What year?

Not available until model year 2014 as far as I know...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #3
rangeseeker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
What year?

Its a 2016. Whats strange is everything is showing enabled. LC is aktiv in bimmercode from factory and a few other things I was told to change are already aktiv. Would a 435i M sport with the sport trans come with launch control?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeseeker View Post
Quote:
What year?

Its a 2016. Whats strange is everything is showing enabled. LC is aktiv in bimmercode from factory and a few other things I was told to change are already aktiv. Would a 435i M sport with the sport trans come with launch control?
Yes, to my knowledge- yours should have come from the factory with LC enabled.

It can be a bit finicky to actually engage though...

My car did not come with LC from factory but I can confirm BimmerCode definitely works and have tried it twice now and it works perfectly. Also swapped the 2TB shifter in as well but that is purely cosmetic.

I believe there is a correlation between paddles and the Sport Trans package. My sport steering wheel does not have paddles... guessing yours does?
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
rangeseeker
Rep

Quote:

My car did not come with LC from factory but I can confirm BimmerCode definitely works and have tried it twice now and it works perfectly. Also swapped the 2TB shifter in as well but that is purely cosmetic.

I believe there is a correlation between paddles and the Sport Trans package. My sport steering wheel does not have paddles... guessing yours does?
LOL thats so funny. This post is a public decree of my stupidity
Guess I'll give it a go! I must have been doing it wrong this whole time.

But yes, from what I've heard the paddles come with the sport trans package and is the only tangible benefit of the package, the rest can be coded in or flashed onto the trans itself. I like the paddles, but when the wheel is inverted, like while turning, they're almost useless and I have to use the drive select shifter. Wish they stayed in place.
      06-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
silly question for you (I'm guilty of this when I first got my car).

Are you letting your car warm up first? drive it like 7-10 miles before trying launch control? I tried it right after starting the car up one night after work and it didn't work. Had to look it up.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83722.00
      06-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #7
rangeseeker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post

Are you letting your car warm up first? drive it like 7-10 miles before trying launch control? I tried it right after starting the car up one night after work and it didn't work. Had to look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post

Yeah that's the weird part, I've done everything down to the T and still can't get it to work. I'll try again tomorrow
      06-06-2019, 12:28 AM   #8
Beemn Milan
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F36 435i GC/JCW Works Cup Car

my 320d msport has the sports trans with the paddles but when i go into expert mode in bimmercode no LC option to turn on...oh well such is life
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #9
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

A clue to whether or not your car has LC is to navigate through the owner's manual on the car's computer to see if it shows how to setup LC.

If it doesn't show up on the screen, your car isn't coded for it to be 'aktiv' or it's just not available on your car.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #10
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2024 m235i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeseeker View Post
Quote:
What year?

Not to bring up an old post sspade but where did you get your SAT shifter? Ebay? I'm on the hunt and have only found a couple. Did you order it new?