F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

05-25-2021, 09:26 AM   #7877
docgianluca
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crank View Post
It's RoadTop support via WhatsApp
+86 183 1810 7726
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #7878
fudog82
Rep
Drives: A90 Supra

So Bimmertech finally released the A90 supra MMI install video, sorry for sounding like a broken record, but do you guys believe the andream will work as well? They had a part at the end where you have to book a remote coding session for the sound to go through aux input. Would rather get the andream since it is much cheaper lol.

Here is the link to the video:
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 12:48 PM   #7879
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudog82 View Post
So Bimmertech finally released the A90 supra MMI install video, sorry for sounding like a broken record, but do you guys believe the andream will work as well? They had a part at the end where you have to book a remote coding session for the sound to go through aux input. Would rather get the andream since it is much cheaper lol.

Because of the idrive difference its a gamble, until you know what voltagte teh supras screen is you will most likely want the latest id6 MMI.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #7880
mrberry
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 630i

if its like the evo mmi unit it could be something only supported by bimmertech. andream evo units dont work on the bmw 10.25 screen whereas bimmertech does even though they share the same hardware somewhere on the software side something is different
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #7881
SwordER
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhong View Post
Have you tried other audio sources? My carlinkit sounds like OEM Bluetooth, however I have had multiple instances where the audio quality sounds like crap. I think it's an issue of the phone not having a good wireless connection to the unit. But the majority of the time it sounds fine. Turn down the volume and audio volume settings in the MMI. Raise the OEM volume instead. I even made the eq on the MMI to be level, and am using the idrive eq

The unit turns off with the car as far as I'm aware. It does connect CarPlay as soon as a door is opened which is mildly annoying. As mentioned above audio quality for the most part is fine, and that was my biggest concern going in.

Hi! Sure I compared it with Spotify playing the same song in OEM Bluetooth connection by switching from AA to OEM. There is a huge difference. Sounds like AA cutting some frequencies. And I used the custom firmware for a while before returning to the original Carlinkit, so I have an understanding in how it should work though. I was playing with stupid volume settings/adjustments (still don't understand what is 400+h, 800+h etc.). But this really doesn't help. Also tried to put AUX volume to the maximum, but this only increases the interference noises.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 03:20 PM   #7882
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudog82 View Post

Looks like the Supra has ID6 EVO so there is a good chance that any of the EVO mmi's will work. I made a post on the Supra forum asking a couple of the members that installed the Bimmertech version to post a pic of the mmi software version screen to confirm. No responses yet.

It also appears that Bimmercode works on the Supra so that can be used to code in Aux Audio.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #7883
Andry
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordER View Post
Hi! So as I understood, the custom firmware is dead. Is there anyone who solved the sound issue on carlinkit latest update? I use Spotify and the sound quality is horrible. Tried to play with equaliser and other available sound settings but no real changes. On the custom there were no any settings available, but the sound was not so different from the car Bluetooth connection.
Hope it'll be released someday, nice graphics always welcomed
At least a funny modder/unpacker just to tweak icons,text and recompiler would be good
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 03:55 PM   #7884
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Have you tried other audio sources? My carlinkit sounds like OEM Bluetooth, however I have had multiple instances where the audio quality sounds like crap. I think it's an issue of the phone not having a good wireless connection to the unit. But the majority of the time it sounds fine. Turn down the volume and audio volume settings in the MMI. Raise the OEM volume instead. I even made the eq on the MMI to be level, and am using the idrive eq

The unit turns off with the car as far as I'm aware. It does connect CarPlay as soon as a door is opened which is mildly annoying. As mentioned above audio quality for the most part is fine, and that was my biggest concern going in.

Hi! Sure I compared it with Spotify playing the same song in OEM Bluetooth connection by switching from AA to OEM. There is a huge difference. Sounds like AA cutting some frequencies. And I used the custom firmware for a while before returning to the original Carlinkit, so I have an understanding in how it should work though. I was playing with stupid volume settings/adjustments (still don't understand what is 400+h, 800+h etc.). But this really doesn't help. Also tried to put AUX volume to the maximum, but this only increases the interference noises.
400,800hz etc is the frequency that you are adjusting. The lower is the bass, etc. how about changing wifi channel?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 01:56 AM   #7885
Melir
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Hello guys, again me with my pain... I contacted my local reseller and he advised me to reinstall the MCU and then leave the car to sleep, so I did it yesterday and left the car for whole night but the freezing is still persist when I tested this morning. Wanted to ask you is it possible to downgrade the version of the software as my reseller refuse to take responsibility because I installed B2_V1.5.0 which according him is not an official Andream software. Also, is there some kind of repository when we can see official Andream releases?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 02:03 AM   #7886
noVuz
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18dX Xline

My MMI Box is from the seller ewaying. When the iPhone connects automatically after opening the car the MMI screen gets activated/shown automatically. Is it possible to deactivate this behaviour anyhow?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 07:30 AM   #7887
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Hi! So as I understood, the custom firmware is dead. Is there anyone who solved the sound issue on carlinkit latest update? I use Spotify and the sound quality is horrible. Tried to play with equaliser and other available sound settings but no real changes. On the custom there were no any settings available, but the sound was not so different from the car Bluetooth connection.

Within Spotify app, check to see if there is a setting that allows for highest quality music, I did that with Pandora and SirrusXM as well as Amazon music, made a world of difference in all 3 music services...If you have a newer android phone, there is also a setting within sound settings called Dolby Atmos...plus the equalizer built in to the phone. Technically its all software, but the effects combined with your car system produces a very realistic representation.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #7888
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melir View Post
Quote:
A quick search on Google shows that Spotify and Waze seem to have been having issues working together on CarPlay for years now. I see a lot of different behaviors, including the one you describe. A lot of peopl seem to blame Spotify lol
Thanks for your reply Ashhong, unfortunately this isn't the case with mine MMI. I removed Waze/Spotify and tried to use only Apple Maps or Google Maps but without success. The MMI box freeze always after a while of using and then freezing intervals are shorter which makes me think the box is overheated. Will update to latest available version B2_V1.5.0 and hope this issue will gone as now the CarPlay is useless for trips longer than 30 minutes. I also contacted the local reseller to check with him what can cause this issue.
Its not the MMI unit, its your phone...I had the very same issues but only when using Apple phones, when charge was below about 50% and using both Google or Apple maps AND a music service, same thing happened with a few, Spotify, Amazon music, Pandora ect.. phone was hot as hell also, so I figured it was some sort of thermal throttling on the phone, using just navigation apps never result resulted in freezing problems, just navigation and a music app...WTF? Decided to use an Android phone and a wired connection. No heat issues...Apple did have a power throttling issue, with newer software, on older devices some time ago, perhaps this is your issue too...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 08:17 AM   #7889
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Version A Andream Unit : Issue: Can not update firm ware after flashing custom v2 firmware.

Update: I managed to flash the new bimmertech MCU file and update to 10.10.x.x. I will now try to update the firmware to latest bimmer tech file.

Main issue I run into is when I click OK to update the unit freezes, back button does not force flash, back button does not RESET the unit, it just switches to the ID4 menu.

Lameeeeeee chinese crap. I will post progress if I make any.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 09:08 AM   #7890
AdrianE2
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Try setting the wifi channel to 6.
I've seen a few people recommending changing the wifi channel including the above. I tried this and Android Auto was very slow, pretty much unusable and sometimes crashed using channel 6. I had to use channel 36 I think, which works great. I think the difference is Ch 6 is 2.4 Ghz wifi which is slower than ch 36 and above which is 5Ghz wifi. My Antenna is just below my head unit in the dash.

Note I also had to upgrade the version to the latest for my box and enable a lot of settings on my phone for it to work properly. Including background data connection over wifi (otherwise no internet from the MMI, so no traffic or routing in maps) and enabling permissions to allow background running of Android Auto apps. It now works great with my Samsung S9.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #7891
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianE2 View Post
I've seen a few people recommending changing the wifi channel including the above. I tried this and Android Auto was very slow, pretty much unusable and sometimes crashed using channel 6. I had to use channel 36 I think, which works great. I think the difference is Ch 6 is 2.4 Ghz wifi which is slower than ch 36 and above which is 5Ghz wifi. My Antenna is just below my head unit in the dash.

Note I also had to upgrade the version to the latest for my box and enable a lot of settings on my phone for it to work properly. Including background data connection over wifi (otherwise no internet from the MMI, so no traffic or routing in maps) and enabling permissions to allow background running of Android Auto apps. It now works great with my Samsung S9.
Bimmertech recommends channel 6 for CarPlay and channel 36 for AA. I've also found that channel 149 also works well with AA.
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      05-26-2021, 02:43 PM   #7892
Eldewy
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman F54 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Bimmertech recommends channel 6 for CarPlay and channel 36 for AA. I've also found that channel 149 also works well with AA.
149 will rarely have interference because it is banned for private use in some countries. Unlike 36 which is almost always fully congested wherever I go .
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 06:23 PM   #7893
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noVuz View Post
My MMI Box is from the seller ewaying. When the iPhone connects automatically after opening the car the MMI screen gets activated/shown automatically. Is it possible to deactivate this behaviour anyhow?

Thanks in advance
Disabling BT on the phone will work.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 06:57 PM   #7894
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
Disabling BT on the phone will work.
You mean completely turning off Bluetooth? Doesn't it need that to connect to Carplay?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #7895
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
You mean completely turning off Bluetooth? Doesn't it need that to connect to Carplay?
Yep, @NoVuz don't want a auto connection when enter the car, right?

It's one of the highlights to get a wireless connection and the MMI starts itself including your favorite music without any user input.
Instead of switching off bluetooth this user can do wired AA or Carplay, and take it's very own moment of glory to put the USB plug into the machine. Weird question at all

Last edited by RAAF12; 05-26-2021 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #7896
Melir
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrcrash View Post
Its not the MMI unit, its your phone...I had the very same issues but only when using Apple phones, when charge was below about 50% and using both Google or Apple maps AND a music service, same thing happened with a few, Spotify, Amazon music, Pandora ect.. phone was hot as hell also, so I figured it was some sort of thermal throttling on the phone, using just navigation apps never result resulted in freezing problems, just navigation and a music app...WTF? Decided to use an Android phone and a wired connection. No heat issues...Apple did have a power throttling issue, with newer software, on older devices some time ago, perhaps this is your issue too...
Thanks ggrcrash, I am also start thinking the problem could be my phone as I spent a while reading about this CarPlay freezing problems and some people also mentioned it's iOS device related. I am noticing the same heating on my iPhone which you're talking about. I think it's not the battery because after this battery scandal Apple introduced battery health indicator according which my phone doesn't have any battery issues. I will try to reset my iPhone to default settings and if this doesn't help will try with iPhone of my wife as her is newer. I won't give up till I find what cause the problem.

Btw my local reseller told me that he refuse to take responsibility because I installed "unofficial software from a forum" . No matter of this he advised me to reinstall the MCU and leave the car for a night which didn't help.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 12:55 AM   #7897
Nenad_Antic
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89

Latest FW for Andream Wireless CarPlay MMI CIC (BMW Z4 E89 2011)

Hi!

Yesterday I got new firmware for my Andream Wireless CarPlay MMI CIC

You can find the files here

Reason that I asked for the latest version was that I hade problem getting Android Auto to display in 720p view on 8.8" screen in my BMW Z4 E89 2011

At first it didn't help until I reset my system settings on my Samsung S10
If you still have problems try to set 720p in developers mode on Android Auto

In my car you need to use AUX cable to get sound from Andream.
Best place for the microphone is beside center speaker under the grill
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-27-2021, 02:54 AM   #7898
GinoPippo
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20

Hi everyone. I have a BMW Series 1 F20 LCI2 08/2018 with NBT Evo ID6.
The problem is that I don’t have the Aux. The Andream’s Box work in my car?
Appreciate 0